sharetrader

If there was ever a catalyst for a major NZ property correction this would be it ....the three-headed beast
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Only positive I can see is that the NZ dollar is plummeting and so my foreign shares shoot up.

Shame the Greens have been shafted yet again.. would be interesting to know if they would've got more influence if they "got" MMP and were prepared to (at least look) like they would work with the NATS

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Terrific news, should be good for the regions if Winston follows through. Labour are keen to support the regions and SMEs too, of course. This has the potential to be a truly great term of office.
    Good on you for keeping the faith El Z. I still couldn't see this happening even a few days ago.

Winston has already crapped on the Greens, announcing this before they have even held their meeting and declaring he is in coalition with Labour only. In other words all the Greens are doing is sitting meekly and giving supply and confidence. I'd be gutted if I was a Greens voter.

Haha, I was drinking a couple of beers with a dude who works in policy for the Greens shortly after the elections.. lets just say it's like talking someone out of their religion... they just don't get it..

Advanced Member

It's all positive s far as I'm concerned. It may take a day or two but the poor will remain poor and the homeless will remain homeless. Peters, who can't hold an electorate will be calling the tune and his "ministers" will be running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboyz View Post
    Only positive I can see is that the NZ dollar is plummeting and so my foreign shares shoot up.
    Yes got all my shares in AUS-ASX ....also bringing back good size chunk of change next week to NZD ...looking good for extra $1000NZD for my strenghting AUD by the looks of it...would have been the other way had the Nats stayed in power
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Dollar dropping like a stone.....

Advanced Member

My shares already all cashed up. Tomorrow should give an indication of where they are going.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    My shares already all cashed up. Tomorrow should give an indication of where they are going.
    And you saved $500 on that bet you didn't make. Craic: smarter than the average bear..