sharetrader
Page 1603 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 6031103150315531593159916001601160216031604160516061607 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,030 of 16077
    Guru

So when do we expect translators to be needed when we discuss international matters with countries we trade with? Thinking of Australia, UK and USA here.

How many people bother watching the news or weather on TV these days simply because they don't understand the language being spoken?

We will be back in the stone age before we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post

Racist nonsense

So when do we expect translators to be needed when we discuss international matters with countries we trade with? Thinking of Australia, UK and USA here.

How many people bother watching the news or weather on TV these days simply because they don't understand the language being spoken?

Yip Total disconnect with reality from the left. Never mind the wider world and a sane section of our community can not understand what we are up to down here.
    Last edited by ynot; 23-01-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Legend

I was at someone's house last night where the TV was on channel 3 - which I hardly ever watch. The lady weather reader had the lower-front of her head so heavily tattooed I found it hard to look at the screen. Furthermore I had never heard most of the place names she was spouting although I have lived here all my life. I thought TV 1 was bad, but believe me, 3 is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I was at someone's house last night where the TV was on channel 3 - which I hardly ever watch. The lady weather reader had the lower-front of her head so heavily tattooed I found it hard to look at the screen. Furthermore I had never heard most of the place names she was spouting although I have lived here all my life. I thought TV 1 was bad, but believe me, 3 is worse.
    My personal situation had me ( by choice) with no option of a tv for the last 2 years.
    I have not missed it at all.
    I will be back on the grid soon but no way will watch local tv.
    Prior to that i was in Ausi for 7 years. Wnen I came back from Aus in 2016 I could only laugh at the state of our tv network.
    Ausi had its media faults but goodness me, I could not suffer watching nz tv.
    Bloody embarrassing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    My personal situation had me ( by choice) with no option of a tv for the last 2 years.
    Prior to that i was in Ausi for 7 years. Wnen I came back from Aus in 2016 I could only laugh at the state of our tv network.
    Bloody embarrassing.
    I only "watch TV" (mainly tv one, UKTV, Sky Sports and David Attenborough) when I visit senior family. I use a phone/tablet/laptop to access information/news/entertainment. Sometimes a TV is used as a monitor if more than two people want to watch the same thing. For news I tend to access news websites or stream Radio NZ National, ABC News Radio and BBC World Service.

Guru

Seymour (here for the Opposition alliance) is in fine form.
    Writing for the Daily Mail now (why would you?).
    Trying very hard to be noticed.

Thousands react to David Seymour blaming 'lockdown loving lefties' for turning NZ into 'Hermit Kingdom' in Daily Mail opinion piece
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...ail-piece.html

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Seymour (here for the Opposition alliance) is in fine form.
    Writing for the Daily Mail now (why would you?).
    Trying very hard to be noticed.

Thousands react to David Seymour blaming 'lockdown loving lefties' for turning NZ into 'Hermit Kingdom' in Daily Mail opinion piece
    Dave is down again in the polls and on track to below 5%.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Bloody embarrassing.
    If you can tolerate Aussi TV (or radio), then you should be able to withstand anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If you can tolerate Aussi TV (or radio), then you should be able to withstand anything.
    Still streets ahead of the kindergarten level I experienced here after I returned from Aus in 2016.
    Throw in the added BS they feed up today as news and wow.