sharetrader
Page 847 of 955 FirstFirst ... 347747797837843844845846847848849850851857897947 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 14318
  1. #12691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    , , napier. n.z..
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Rubbish. If someone claims that I raped them behind the Taihape toilets on that day we in fact I was Melbourne. Most solid citizens have no idea of what they were doing last Wednesday.

  2. #12692
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Rubbish. If someone claims that I raped them behind the Taihape toilets on that day we in fact I was Melbourne. Most solid citizens have no idea of what they were doing last Wednesday.
    craic, you might not realise that we talk here just about cases where the sexual contact is not contested (or can be proven). Every time any couple have sex, either of the partners can according to the proposed Labour policy claim afterwards that they have been raped - and than the other partner will need to prove consent if they want to avoid jail.

    If you are in Melbourne, than obviously you only can be accused by other people with whom you had sex on that day in Melbourne .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  3. #12693
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Rubbish. If someone claims that I raped them behind the Taihape toilets on that day we in fact I was Melbourne. Most solid citizens have no idea of what they were doing last Wednesday.
    If you normally keep a diary, then I agree it could be evidence in helping to establish an alibi to the actual event actus reus in the absence of any genetic material. I guess if your diary was blank apart from an entry for the day in question, it could be more likely to be self-serving and not be so helpful.

    The police can refer to their notes in establishing evidence.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.

  4. #12694
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20

    Default

    BlackPeter, I love your logic and reasoning. Posters might like to search on Wikipaedia "Blackstone's Formulation".
    Last edited by Brovendell; 17-07-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Punctuation

  5. #12695
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ...

    Just think about who would win if under Labour's proposal both a man and a woman claim that they have been raped by the other person. Neither of them can prove consent. Who do you reckon will go to jail - both? Yeah, right ...
    It is a difficult area. When investigating, police may refer to any previous complaints, history of violence etc. Whether previous history of complaints/ false accusations or previous convictions is admissible as evidence in court could be a subject of any review of the law surrounding sexual complaints.

  6. #12696
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Shouldn't cost much. I reckon they'd get a heap of volunteers.
    LOL. Obviously it depends ... but I am sure as well that you realise I talked not just about the financial burden of employing a witness - some people do value their privacy
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  7. #12697
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a difficult area. When investigating, police may refer to any previous complaints, history of violence etc. Whether previous history of complaints/ false accusations or previous convictions is admissible as evidence in court could be a subject of any review of the law surrounding sexual complaints.
    Ouch - and here goes another pillar of our justice system? So far it is in court all about what you have done (as evidenced by your actions at the alleged crime), not about "how good you are" (evidenced by what you might have done in the past ...).

    Are you just saying that Labour wants to crumble this pillar as well? The accused with the better history wins ...

    I know it is a difficult (and very sensitive) area. Makes it worse that Labour wants to make political points with not even half baked policies.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  8. #12698
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Ouch - and here goes another pillar of our justice system? So far it is in court all about what you have done (as evidenced by your actions at the alleged crime), not about "how good you are" (evidenced by what you might have done in the past ...).

    Are you just saying that Labour wants to crumble this pillar as well? The accused with the better history wins ...

    I know it is a difficult (and very sensitive) area. Makes it worse that Labour wants to make political points with not even half baked policies.
    Similar fact evidence is already admissible in certain circumstances (to establish a modus operandi) - could be the subject of review in certain cases.

  9. #12699
    An awesome cool cat
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    17,482

    Default

    New ad out from Labour. Andrew Kirton sent me the link.

    But the words put me off - don't think I'll watch it ....might bring me to tears

    He did ask me to share it though
    http://www.labour.org.nz/freshapproa...ource=nzlabour
    Last edited by winner69; 17-07-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    A valuation multiple is nothing but shorthand for a proper analysis of long-term discounted cash flows. Using them is just being lazy.

  10. #12700
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hamilton NZ
    Posts
    5,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    New ad out from Labour. Andrew Kirton sent me the link.

    But the words put me off - don't think I'll watch it ....might bring me to tears

    He did ask me to share it though
    http://www.labour.org.nz/freshapproa...ource=nzlabour
    I'll bet you watched it, W69. I personally think Labour is pretty good at producing lame ads. This could be one of them. Three years we've waited for a decent show, there should be some better ones. Maybe they're going to play super nice with National again, but National are on such shaky ground that I'd like to see them getting some stick.

    Paula Bennett was asked directly about her own experiences with WINZ today. She never 'deliberately misled them' about her situation.

    http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...sled-winz.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-07-2017 at 07:10 PM.

  11. #12701
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Ref John Keys being conferred with the Order of Australia
    What a delicious irony, considering the issues Kiwis living in Australia have

    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" .Napoléon

  12. #12702
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hamilton NZ
    Posts
    5,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Ref John Keys being conferred with the Order of Australia
    What a delicious irony, considering the issues Kiwis living in Australia have

    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" .Napoléon
    Agree, what's that all about? Is it a contra deal or something? Kiwi-born residents in Australia are being hammered by successive changes to the rules. But John Key has single-handedly improved our foreign and trade relations?

    I would think that many Labour MPs have a portrait of Michael Joseph Savage in their offices. Quite a few National MPs could instead frame that quote from Napoleon.

    Some comments on Labour's first video, which won't run on TV or radio at this stage of the campaign.

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...st-campaign-ad

  13. #12703
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'll bet you watched it, W69. I personally think Labour is pretty good at producing lame ads. This could be one of them. Three years we've waited for a decent show, there should be some better ones. Maybe they're going to play super nice with National again, but National are on such shaky ground that I'd like to see them getting some stick.

    Paula Bennett was asked directly about her own experiences with WINZ today. She never 'deliberately misled them' about her situation.
    Obviously guilty as sin, wouldn't you say eZ ? Wait - don't answer. I'll try and guess, a bit later perhaps when my brain has been rested and nourished.

  14. #12704
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    New ad out from Labour. Andrew Kirton sent me the link.

    But the words put me off - don't think I'll watch it ....might bring me to tears

    He did ask me to share it though
    http://www.labour.org.nz/freshapproa...ource=nzlabour
    They put me off too. So does the on-screen caption of them.

  15. #12705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    They put me off too. So does the on-screen caption of them.
    You are not deaf then. Just ?

    westerly

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •