sharetrader
Page 1001 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919979989991000100110021003100410051011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    FP, what definition did you apply to "Tax Haven" to come up with that response? A fairly loose one, I think. That's a lie, basically.

Just because we don't pop up on the list like BVI or Cayman Islands, doesn't mean we aren't doing our bit for foreign tax dodgers and money launderers.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11618057

And this site - they say that NZ isn't a tax haven, and then go on to describe how it all works very effectively as a tax haven, 'without the stigma'.

http://www.trust-nz.com/en-nz-as-offshore.html
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it eZ. Have a day off.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it eZ. Have a day off.
    I would, but there's so much going on out there in the nasty Nats political world. Now it looks like John Key and National were keen on the flag change partly because it helps them get funds from wealthy Chinese immigrants, who vividly remember British involvement in Hong Kong. They want the union jack gone from our flag.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11619417

Legend

I would, but there's so much going on out there in the nasty Nats political world. Now it looks like John Key and National were keen on the flag change partly because it helps them get funds from wealthy Chinese immigrants, who vividly remember British involvement in Hong Kong. They want the union jack gone from our flag.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11619417
    So do I along with a large number of Kiwis. So what? And reading what you do into raising money for a flag project is plainly ridiculous. No reason why he shouldn't campaign for something he believes in, and which he signalled many years ago, although it was long after Labour kicked it off. It's just plain paranoia when you look for something sinister in every action of Key or National. Have a long hot bath, add in some Epsom salts and stop worrying about what to worry about.

Legend

So do I along with a large number of Kiwis. So what? And reading what you do into raising money for a flag project is plainly ridiculous. No reason why he shouldn't campaign for something he believes in, and which he signalled many years ago, although it was long after Labour kicked it off. It's just plain paranoia when you look for something sinister in every action of Key or National. Have a long hot bath, add in some Epsom salts and stop worrying about what to worry about.
    You have to have the last word, that's your problem, FP. So you see nothing wrong with a bit of stealthy fundraising for the flag change by top National Party members - we don't even know how much was raised or where it ended up, and we certainly don't know what deals were struck. Elsewhere in the country, Young Nats are engaging in illegal treating of tertiary students in a bid to bolster their numbers, and garner votes. At least they're open about it, but they'd better watch out in future, or it'll be reported to the Electoral Commission. They think they're a law unto themselves.

Legend

You have to have the last word, that's your problem, FP. So you see nothing wrong with a bit of stealthy fundraising for the flag change by top National Party members - we don't even know how much was raised or where it ended up, and we certainly don't know what deals were struck. Elsewhere in the country, Young Nats are engaging in illegal treating of tertiary students in a bid to bolster their numbers, and garner votes. At least they're open about it, but they'd better watch out in future, or it'll be reported to the Electoral Commission. They think they're a law unto themselves.
    I think you'll find a cup of hot milo after the bath will be quite soothing.

Legend

I think you'll find a cup of hot milo after the bath will be quite soothing.
    I've got some power hedge trimming to do first, FP. Maybe you should take it easy, after your hard work for the week.

More on the tax haven issue, from an economist.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...y+9+April+2016

Legend

I've got some power hedge trimming to do first, FP. Maybe you should take it easy, after your hard work for the week.
    You've got that wrong too. Only fools and horses work. You're not having a good day.

Legend

You've got that wrong too. Only fools and horses work. You're not having a good day.
    I'm not a fool, FP. Maybe you are, for believing so much in the fake messiah, John Key. You want your cruisy position protected from CGT, that I understand. You shouldn't have to pay your fair share of taxes, after all, you're an important part of the productive economy. Any other goings on from National don't matter, as long as you're able to carry on as normal, collecting rent.

Legend

I'm not a fool, FP. Maybe you are, for believing so much in the fake messiah, John Key. You want your cruisy position protected from CGT, that I understand. You shouldn't have to pay your fair share of taxes, after all, you're an important part of the productive economy. Any other goings on from National don't matter, as long as you're able to carry on as normal, collecting rent.
    As stated often, I have nothing against CGT as long as it's a properly designed scheme. I can assure you I have paid plenty of taxes throughout the years. Furthermore I do not regard Key as any sort of messiah. Just a damn sight better than any other party leader around at the moment - and in the foreseeable future. National have been particularly - and quite unfairly - harsh on property investors. Something I should but don't moan about.

Legend

As stated often, I have nothing against CGT as long as it's a properly designed scheme. I can assure you I have paid plenty of taxes throughout the years. Furthermore I do not regard Key as any sort of messiah. Just a damn sight better than any other party leader around at the moment - and in the foreseeable future. National have been particularly - and quite unfairly - harsh on property investors. Something I should but don't moan about.
    You're happy with CGT as long as it includes the house you're living in, and if you can roll over investments as you sell them, thus avoiding CGT altogether in your lifetime. So, no to CGT - be honest FP.

You're paying taxes, but they'd have been a lot higher if you couldn't claim back all your interest and investment costs against income. And at the end of it all, you won't pay any tax on your capital gains, the biggest part of the return most likely.

If National have been 'harsh on property investors', that's because you all pushed the rules on depreciation. That small but valuable loophole (the how-to-do-it published in books) has been closed off. Not to mention baches that were occasionally rented, another rort.

So Key, who is not a statesman, is a liar and childish in the House, fondles ponytails for kicks, and has not put up one decent bill or law that we can look back on as positive, is better than any other leader around at the moment? I must say you're not putting the barrier up very high, and so I can only assume that it's because he's the only leader of the right-wing parties that you'd vote for.