sharetrader
Page 1003 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3503903953993999100010011002100310041005100610071013105311031503 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,030 of 16077

What do you mean if?
    They should have changed it 3 years ago when they were warned about this activity and again a year later.
    We don't have the same level of governance or transparency as many of our Western peers so for Key to say we have full transparency is an out and out lie. We don't ask the right questions about the trusts to have any real level of transparency at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    NZ is not a tax haven, but guess what eZ! If the govt. need to change the law - they will.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    What do you mean if?
    They should have changed it 3 years ago when they were warned about this activity and again a year later.
    We don't have the same level of governance or transparency as many of our Western peers so for Key to say we have full transparency is an out and out lie. We don't ask the right questions about the trusts to have any real level of transparency at all.
    I mean if the govt. need to change it they will. Just because you think they should, or more correctly just because of your hatred of Key, does not mean they need to. You can be fairly sure they will assess the situation over the next few weeks, which will be a great relief to you no doubt.

What part of the secrecy of these trusts don't you understand?
    Can we confirm the assets hidden in these trust aren't tied to organizations that fund terrorism? Drug trade? Arms dealing?
    So its got nothing to do with my view on Key, other than yet again his government has failed to act.
    NZ is on the UN security council for god's sake! And yet here we are, a place where money can be hidden with no questions asked.

It makes me laugh that both you, Craic and BP etc imagine what I do & think, such as hating Key or being a lefty.
    Whatever entertains you.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Entertains? When I want to be entertained by clowns, I go to a circus. You lot can't even get the paint right, you only know how to use red makeup

What part of the secrecy of these trusts don't you understand?
    Can we confirm the assets hidden in these trust aren't tied to organizations that fund terrorism? Drug trade? Arms dealing?
    So its got nothing to do with my view on Key, other than yet again his government has failed to act.
    NZ is on the UN security council for god's sake! And yet here we are, a place where money can be hidden with no questions asked.

It makes me laugh that both you, Craic and BP etc imagine what I do & think, such as hating Key or being a lefty.
    Whatever entertains you.

So those of the right, what's your thoughts on Anne Tolley's plan to revamp child services?

Veteran novice

No doubt there will be some rather disappointed that NZ doesn't figure in The Guardian's editorial on tax havens.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016...try-by-country

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    No doubt there will be some rather disappointed that NZ doesn't figure in The Guardian's editorial on tax havens.

Be patient. There is much more to come

Interesting and cynical way of putting it.
    Lets hope we aren't a significant player, although according to the head of the organization that leaked the files it is highly likely that not only will their be criminal activity hidden in these NZ based trusts, but also NZ companies and high wealth individuals as well.
    But its missing the point.
    The point is we wouldn't know, because NZ doesn't ask enough of the right questions to have the level of transparency required by a 1st world county and member of the UN security council.

Veteran novice

Interesting and cynical way of putting it.
    Lets hope we aren't a significant player, although according to the head of the organization that leaked the files it is highly likely that not only will their be criminal activity hidden in these NZ based trusts, but also NZ companies and high wealth individuals as well.
    But its missing the point.
    The point is we wouldn't know, because NZ doesn't ask enough of the right questions to have the level of transparency required by a 1st world county and member of the UN security council.
    The point I was making was that amongst the 11 million - or whatever the number was - leaked papers, the Guardian hadn't found cause to include NZ in their list of countries mentioned in the editorial. Perhaps that puts our concern into perspective?

Legend

The point I was making was that amongst the 11 million - or whatever the number was - leaked papers, the Guardian hadn't found cause to include NZ in their list of countries mentioned in the editorial. Perhaps that puts our concern into perspective?
    Perhaps we shouldn't have made a stand on apartheid either, from here.