sharetrader
Page 1004 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941000100110021003100410051006100710081014105411041504 ... LastLast
Results 10,031 to 10,040 of 16077
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Perhaps we shouldn't have made a stand on apartheid either, from here.
    You seem to be missing my point that NZ doesn't seem to figure prominently as an "offender" in this matter. New Zealand's leading opposition to apartheid was well known internationally. Do you really see NZ taking that lead on this issue?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    So those of the right, what's your thoughts on Anne Tolley's plan to revamp child services?
    After 30 years of dealing with the results the only way is to revamp the parents. Anyone who goes into that line of work is mad. You will be given a whole bible of what you cannot do and just when you think that you have that off by heart, you will be given lessons on the sanctity of the tangata whenua and how they must be seen as the supreme authority in all matters. Meanwhile the left, the right and the centre will tell you where you are going wrong and how they would deal with the problem if they were in power, carefully ignoring the reality that they WERE in power, several times, and failed, several times.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    You seem to be missing my point that NZ doesn't seem to figure prominently as an "offender" in this matter. New Zealand's leading opposition to apartheid was well known internationally. Do you really see NZ taking that lead on this issue?
    Yes, why shouldn't we? We're high up in the table of less corrupt countries, so if we want to preserve that position, we should act. In Iceland, one in 33 of the population protested about their PM using a tax haven. That in turn caused him to step down, at least for the meantime. Maybe quite a few NZers are just lucky that their tax havens weren't on the books of a firm in Panama. A similar leak from Hong Kong would be interesting, I'm sure. How many tax dodgers are there, and how many trusts? This is amazing, that any worker lets the IRD take PAYE from wage packets, when those who can certainly afford to pay their share of income tax, have such an easy time hiding their income in any one of numerous overseas trust destinations. Those who are not quite at that level of chicanery invest in property assets in NZ, while trying hard to run at a loss, at least on paper.

Advanced Member

Note sure if some of you read Duncan Garners column in Dompost 2.4.16 about legacy. NZ today has been shaped predominately by Labour governments when you have a good think about it. You could add nuclear free, floating the dollar & GST as well to the ones Duncan mentions; Kiwisaver, Kiwi Bank, WFF etc. National could include Employments Contracts Act, benefit cuts, price & wage freeze, Think Big and the abolishing of the super scheme brought in the Kirk Labourer government, not to mention the flag failure...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - you mean the majority disagrees with you and this is not to your liking. I guess you are saying the people should stop thinking and just do what the Labour politburo suggests? Maybe they could, but please don't call this "good" or "better".

Sure - if we listen to your constant nagging, than the Labour party seems to push for a New Zealand occupied by a bunch of welfare dependant people without own opinion but shaped by the messages of the dear Labour Leader?

Not my view of good or better - and neither the view of a majority of New Zealanders. Lets hope that it stays this way for a long time to come. This country is great!

@ColmarBruntonNZ: ONE News Colmar Brunton poll (1/4): NAT 50%(+3), LAB 28%(-4), GRN 10%(+2), NZF 9%(-1), MAO 1%, ACT 1% #nzpol

Unfortunately we may as well save the cost of an election next year

Even the greens are laggards - wasted their opportunity to be the real opposition
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

And this is why Labour is a lost cause

@ColmarBruntonNZ: ONE News Colmar Brunton poll (3/4): Preferred PM: Key 39%(-1), Peters 10%(+1), Little 7%(-2) #nzpol

Advanced Member

Helen Clark polled below 2% at one stage and National well below 30% so its never a lost cause. Pride comes before a fall...
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And this is why Labour is a lost cause

@ColmarBruntonNZ: ONE News Colmar Brunton poll (3/4): Preferred PM: Key 39%(-1), Peters 10%(+1), Little 7%(-2) #nzpol

This is interesting

@pitakakariki: @ColmarBruntonNZ Is the historical stuff still there somewhere?And is that Key's lowest PPM score since December 2012?

Note- TV1 didn't show the historical series as they usually do ....hmm

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Helen Clark polled below 2% at one stage and National well below 30% so its never a lost cause. Pride comes before a fall...
    Hope not a lost cause - i don't want Nats/ Key inower any longer

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    @ColmarBruntonNZ: ONE News Colmar Brunton poll (1/4): NAT 50%(+3), LAB 28%(-4), GRN 10%(+2), NZF 9%(-1), MAO 1%, ACT 1% #nzpol

Unfortunately we may as well save the cost of an election next year

Even the greens are laggards - wasted their opportunity to be the real opposition
    W69, I think we're still 17 months away from an election, and while I can't understand how National gets away with it, I have to accept the poll results. Within limits. While National/Act and 'Not-National' are fairly evenly balanced, Labour has performed the poorest between polls, and I think Andrew Little has to take a share of the blame. He will not be replaced before the next election, that's for sure. But he needs to get some more media training, it's not that hard is it? 17 months of Labour acting as though they will win the 2017 election in coalition, not being on the back foot, and perception will be reality. No ums and arrs in front of the camera, Andrew.

Good PR will work, National have proven it. But they've had their three terms, they're corrupt liars, they have achieved nothing, they have to go.