sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Weekend reading EZ

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...george-monbiot

labour not trying trying to come up with a coherent alternative - as George says "the central task should be to develop an economic Apollo programme, a conscious attempt to design a new system, tailored to the demands of the 21st century."

Labour too like National - that will never get them in power
    No National on the surface is like Labour all the while implementing neo liberal policies in a slow and devious way. Labour has to pull back from centre right and move to the left. The younger generation need a helping hand in housing and leaving it to developers will never work.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    John Key does not have to prove anything - he is subject to the same rigorous examination by Inland Revenue as is every other taxpayer. He is not a fool so he knows that "Giving unto Caesar that which is etc." is the simple and effective way. and protects you from the allegations of lies by the left.
    I don't think you made the effort to read the article W69 posted, Craic. It spells it out, the neolibs set up the rules so they could dodge tax, thus more speedily bringing on more inequality. So John Key's just doing what almost everyone at the top is doing, most likely. He can prove me wrong, simply by furnishing his tax returns. It might be legal to do that, but is it morally acceptable? And is this the behaviour we expect from a PM? Or even an MP?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I don't think you made the effort to read the article W69 posted, Craic. It spells it out, the neolibs set up the rules so they could dodge tax, thus more speedily bringing on more inequality. So John Key's just doing what almost everyone at the top is doing, most likely. He can prove me wrong, simply by furnishing his tax returns. It might be legal to do that, but is it morally acceptable? And is this the behaviour we expect from a PM? Or even an MP?
    The most idiotic, inaccurate rant I have ever read on share trader. You live in a dreamworld eZ.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The most idiotic, inaccurate rant I have ever read on share trader. You live in a dreamworld eZ.
    ??? Prove I'm wrong. There have been books written about this, they'd back it up. This has been a long-term dream for the world's wealthy elite, and it's here.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    EZ, not sure about John Key, but your behaviour is clearly not morally acceptable. You throw mud and hope something sticks ... but it is you who sticks to the neck in some soft smelly brown mass, not John Key. You accuse John Key of something you are yourself. You call him a liar and a tax avoider. Given that you have not a shred of evidence to support your dirty allegations - what does this make you?

Put up or shut up ... anyway - daytr was long enough by his own on the ignore list. Up there you go ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

I think that's way off the mark - hes right on the money, the poor don't have the means to avoid tax but the wealthy do - hardly seems moral does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I think that's way off the mark - hes right on the money, the poor don't have the means to avoid tax but the wealthy do - hardly seems moral does it?

You are way off the mark. Having money does not make anyone morally questionable. That is absurd. eZ is riddled with paranoia, envy and hatred. Surely you can do better than firing around ridiculous comments as he does. Applying logic will get you further.

Legend

Look, Tim23, if you or I ever get to a point where we have more money than we know what to do with, remember that one way we got there might have been to not pay any tax or employ anybody, if we can help it. Those sorts of things are for fools. In fact, I've been advised recently, that even working is for fools.

We must think a lot more about being rentiers, about unearned income. Once we get to this happy state, we must then go to the next level, where we hide all of the income in some tax haven or more property (take your choice, or do both), and not pay any tax on our income back to the NZ govt. They of course, are inefficient with it, and do not deserve our largesse. While we're at it, let's ensure the govt that we put into play keeps unemployment high, govt debt high, and that these settings stay in place for decades. In lieu of taxes, some hefty donations to this party, and some advertising/sponsorship in exchange for devt grants and other lobbied govt policies, will keep the whole thing going. Remember, votes from the hoi polloi can be bought, it's a very simple rule.

Where does National get all their dosh from these days?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Where does National get all their dosh from these days?
    Lots of different people, W69. Apparently, they'll go to golf days and pay $300 a ticket. Or evening meals at $1500 a pop, with 3-4 MPs present. What sort of people can afford this, you may ask? Not the sort that don't even own their own house yet, that's for sure. But National seems to find enough of them to easily fund their campaigns.