sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder how much foreign money surreptitiously finds its way into National's coffers?

Or is that used to influence the influencers?
    We'd have no way of knowing. However many of the National MPs are independently wealthy. For them, being an MP is more about status and power, than an income stream. One of the local National MPs has been informed by head office that he can't fund his own campaign by simply writing out a cheque as per usual, he'll need to actually make a public attempt at fundraising. How dreary for him.

I suggest you re-read what you write. "A bunch of twats" ! And much of the rest of your post is so one eyed , its hard to take you seriously.
    Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Ez where would all your mates live if there were no property was rented out. Trusts pay taxes, although your Labour brethren would have you believe not. Get real. If there is a shambles developing, and I don't believe there is, then there is not a a hope in hell of Labour having enough ability to fix it. They are simply a bunch of twats with do direction or ability to do anything except to take a negative approach to life in general. Just look at them, they can't even find a party leader that works, nor is there anyone else to try. Nash and Ardhern are not capable although certain areas of the media are trying to promote them.

This country needs two strong parties but unfortunately it only has one, and a bunch of misfits who know jack all about responsibility to run a country.

Dedication is one thing but you are on a hiding to nothing. Give up while you are behind.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

So it is OK for you and eZ to be one eyed but not anyone that does not agree with you and you tell me to grow up. You are a laugh a minute.

Am I one eyed? I criticize both parties.
    You only have to look back over the last few political posts I have made where I have criticized Little's leadership and given National credit over their proposed changes to Child Services.
    I am waiting for a party to step forth with long term policy that benefits NZ as a whole.
    Not the shortism we are seeing from the current government .
    Calling a political party a bunch of twats is not only unintelligent, its generalist & ridiculous in this case.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    How do you know? More rubbish but at least your posting are getting shorter. Your history to me is this thread. Whoppity do.
    What I meant is that the last few decades of political history have been recorded in books, in Wikipedia, on the web in other areas, and in statistical records held by the state. You just need to access those, and you might have a different opinion.

I found it strange that you mentioned "Labour brethren" when of course history also records that it's National that has/had strong links with Brethren Church members. That helped cost National the knife-edge 2005 election, after they were on a roll after employing Crosby-Textor the year before. They still employ them, arguably the world's best neoliberal campaign advisors. What's the common theme here? The National Party generally accesses bigger pools of funds, and uses that to buy votes with better advice, better marketing, better spin. And the funders are after the status quo, thanks, or more of the same.

Advanced Member

And all Labour can do to counter the successful management of National by National is to waste its limited resources on backing a new loser at very regular intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    We'd have no way of knowing. However many of the National MPs are independently wealthy. For them, being an MP is more about status and power, than an income stream. One of the local National MPs has been informed by head office that he can't fund his own campaign by simply writing out a cheque as per usual, he'll need to actually make a public attempt at fundraising. How dreary for him.
    EZ
    The poor man, does he actually have to man the sausage stand instead of going out sailing.!
    By the way, down here in the south all quiet lately in the Clutha Southland electorate, resignations from National office holders etc. I eagerly await developments.

I hardly call successful management wracking up debt! Anyone can do that!
    SERCO appointment was that good management ?
    The teachers payroll disaster that went on for years.
    The constant restructuring of DOC & they still can't get it right.
    The squandering of $28M or whatever it was on a flag referendum.
    CHC earthquake recovery project has been mismanaged and far too slow.
    They haven't even spent a third of the $18billion allocated yet.
    Why because I would make the government debt blowout further.
    They have 60k extra people piling into the country every year putting stress on resources and infrastructure and all they do is spend billions on motorways.
    Labour have a far better record in managing the economy than National do.
    Unfortunately the current lot don't seem to be able to convey a plan hat people will buy into.
    A decent opposition would tar National to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    And all Labour can do to counter the successful management of National by National is to waste its limited resources on backing a new loser at very regular intervals.

Advanced Member

Maybe if you stopped elevating your own opinion to the status of infallibility and went instead to opinion of the majority of NZ voters you would see that you are probably wrong. Even the All Blacks might be '" torn to shreds by a decent opposition". The fact is National is the best team on the park now and your inability to see that is a problem for you.

Not unlike you Craic to make a personal jibe. Seems to be the modus operandi of the right.
    I would rather have a party that was stagnant than one that charges off with random policy that hasn't been thought through.
    I have lost count the number of back flips National have made under Key.