sharetrader
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    There are some sensitive smake alarms around. I wonder if they could develop a Drug detector that could be installed into a house and detect various drugs such as P before the house becomes properly contaminated?
    "They" probably could but then it would likely be disconnected like so many of those pesky smoke alarms.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    "They" probably could but then it would likely be disconnected like so many of those pesky smoke alarms.

True but if it could be hidden in a cavity with discrete sensors...

Legend

True but if it could be hidden in a cavity with discrete sensors...
    Very good idea. It could have a modem to report back to Housing NZ. Not that expensive to make, I would think, way cheaper than a regular site visit and/or a cleanup of a house back to the linings.

No fortune to be made here, it has already been done.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times...o-deter-P-labs
    Last edited by elZorro; 30-05-2016 at 08:25 PM.

hey EZ - we need a Nadine or an Andrew in NZ ...somebody Nat member to come out and say things like “[Cameron] has lied profoundly, " in a NZ context

Conservative party turmoil escalates with open call for Cameron to quit
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ebate-election

Remember elections aren't won - they are lost - Labours only hope
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    hey EZ - we need a Nadine or an Andrew in NZ ...somebody Nat member to come out and say things like “[Cameron] has lied profoundly, " in a NZ context

Conservative party turmoil escalates with open call for Cameron to quit
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ebate-election

Remember elections aren't won - they are lost - Labours only hope
    National are a bunch of liars, they don't have any policies that are helpful for the vast majority, so they should lose the next election. Labour/Green/NZFirst should be ready to go, by comparison. I don't see it as an unlikely result, W69.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    National are a bunch of liars, they don't have any policies that are helpful for the vast majority, so they should lose the next election. Labour/Green/NZFirst should be ready to go, by comparison. I don't see it as an unlikely result, W69.
    As the economy is doing reasonably well atm, especially compared to OZ, it may take a lot to dilodge the Party-in-Power.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Very good idea. It could have a modem to report back to Housing NZ. Not that expensive to make, I would think, way cheaper than a regular site visit and/or a cleanup of a house back to the linings.

No fortune to be made here, it has already been done.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times...o-deter-P-labs
    It sounds like Housing NZ should install those detectors as a matter of course.

Legend

As the economy is doing reasonably well atm, especially compared to OZ, it may take a lot to dilodge the Party-in-Power.
    The economy is doing reasonably well? Try out here in the provinces, Bjauck. It might take a while to get noticed in Auckland, but she's quiet out here, my leftie friend. Besides, National hasn't done well at all, considering they've needed to borrow over $60,000million over the last 7.5 years, on top of the tax base and other income that would have been about $500,000million. You and I could work 'miracles' too, if we borrowed that much, for so long. It's more a matter of if they will ever stop borrowing. They're borrowing to pay the interest now. Fools.

We don't export much more than we import, manufacturing jobs are dropping, we have more heavily burdened infrastructure, more are unemployed, education standards are dropping, house prices through the roof in Auckland because of net immigration, and that's not a reflection on a clever govt. It's a sign of wider malaise. We're now in a poor position to get ourselves out of the next international crisis, whenever it'll occur.

Labour's policies would have been really kicking the economy along, by now. That's the real shame.

The provinces have just taken another hit, this time from our national airline . Flights scrapped from Whanganui and the early morning flight cut from Kerikeri. First flight to be 9.30am. Impossible now to get down to AKL in one day for a early meeting or even a full day's work let alone the impact on connecting to international flights. This is the airline that was bailed out by the taxpayer! A national carrier is not all about profit, its a key to the nation's prosperity and cutting these regional flights is a disgrace.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    ! A national carrier is not all about profit, its a key to the nation's prosperity and cutting these regional flights is a disgrace.
    I think you might be wrong there. Last time I looked Air NZ was a listed company and I am pretty sure it all is about profits. The govt are not the only shareholders....