sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Two complete U turns in one day, impressive, haven't seen this flexibility since
    Nadia Comaneci at the 1976 Olympics

10:19 pm on 29 April 2013"

Govt rules out fuel tax, road tolls for Auckland

21/06/2016
    It concludes that while ongoing investment in new road and public transport projects will clearly be needed, greater use of technology and in the longer term road pricing -- or directly charging for road use -- will also be part of the toolkit," Transport Minister Simon Bridges said
    The looming crisis from lack of investment in infrastructure and increased demand from immigration has got to be addressed by more than passing the blame to the Council.

Wasn't the extra petrol tax that gets added every year or so, supposed to pay for roads???

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Wasn't the extra petrol tax that gets added every year or so, supposed to pay for roads???
    No. It was supposed to go towards roading.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No. It was supposed to go towards roading.
    I stand/sit corrected

Legend

While having a look through the SST this morning (and I predict the demise of the business pages if they don't get some more advertisers) I saw this item by David Slack. He's being serious this time, and fair enough.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/so...ir-gel-is-good

Make no doubt about it, there is a lot to fix in this commodity economy of ours. While I can sense that everything won't be great worldwide until we find some cheap non-carbon energy to replace bountiful oil seen in previous generations, NZ can still do better, but we won't, with a drongo National govt in place.

Legend

Liam Dann with an article that's interesting.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...y+27+June+2016

The Brexit vote has certainly pointed out to politicians that many of the hoi polloi have had about enough of watching the massive divide between the haves, and the have nots. Liam says, don't rock the applecart.

In a similar vein, John Key's choice of Mr Shewan to look at his lax foreign trust laws has at least provided some momentum for change.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8149...foreign-trusts

However, while existing trusts will have to provide more details, they can also slither away before the rules come into force, and the 'tax rate' stays the same. That is, there is no tax.
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-06-2016 at 09:53 AM.

I think Key is training for the NZ gymnastics team for Rio, with the amount of backflips, rolling over and u turns.
    Mind you he's more looking like some running at the box and has mis-timed his run, its going to be nasty.
    At least the pressure is off Paula Bennett as there are too many other things to concentrate on.
    Such as his extending troups in Iraq, the investigation into foreign trusts says our regulations are not nearly stringent enough.
    Only what the opposition and even government departments have ben saying for years.
    Brexit was a big blow for the neo-liberals, Key should take note. People are fed up with the BS.
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-07-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I think Key is training for the NZ gymnastics team for Rio, with the amount of backflips, rolling over and u turns.
    Mind you he's more looking like some running at the box and has mis-timed his run, its going to be nasty.
    At least the pressure is off Paula Bennett as there are too many other things to concentrate on.
    Such as his extending troupes in Iraq, the investigation into foreign trusts says our regulations are not nearly stringent enough.
    Only what the opposition and even government departments have ben saying for years.
    Brexit was a big blow for the neo-liberals, Key should take note. People are fed up with the BS.
    It is not possible to have an amount of back=flips.

Kinda below the belt fp but just like that TV3 field reporter on the other night saying "the amount of families" attending the march for that Moko kid

Veteran novice

I agree, fungus. But let's not revisit the matter of how the language is changing, however much it hurts to try to imagine weighing an amount of backflips!
    I've finally come to terms with the fact that English is a living language and that words mean what Alice's Red Queen says they mean!