sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Such as?????

Ask the Maori party.

Legend

New poll out tonight. Surely this will finish Little - I hope so, they won't get anywhere the way they are heading. National needs some opposition to keep them on their toes.

@ColmarBruntonNZ: ONE News Colmar Brunton poll (1/4): NAT 48% (NC), LAB 26% (-3), GRN 13% (+1), NZF 11% (+2), MAO 2% (+1) #nzpol

@MatthewHootonNZ: With one exception in Sep 2014, is @nzlabour now at its lowest level of support since it lost the 2008 election? @ONENewsNZ @ColmarBruntonNZ
    Last edited by winner69; 12-09-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    @ColmarBruntonNZ: ONE News Colmar Brunton poll (1/4): NAT 48% (NC), LAB 26% (-3), GRN 13% (+1), NZF 11% (+2), MAO 2% (+1) #nzpol

@MatthewHootonNZ: With one exception in Sep 2014, is @nzlabour now at its lowest level of support since it lost the 2008 election? @ONENewsNZ @ColmarBruntonNZ
    And on the same day a poll out in the UK showing UK Labour at its worst result since polling began in the 1950s, at this stage of the election cycle. A party also run by an old fashioned and unlikable unionist that was installed by the party membership with 80% of MPs voting against him. Both parties (NZ & UK) are facing a complete meltdown as they are stuck in the past and simply can not connect with the voters of 2016 and beyond.

Advanced Member

You may/or may not, be aware that I don't vote labour for reasons totally unrelated to my parents voting habits but the leader of NZ Labour is ahead of the UK clown by a country mile. Whether you like it or not, the economy is booming even with the dairy problem and that is turning around. Most voters are aware of that and the only voters who count are the floaters and they are unlikely to rock the boat. Our dollar is close to par with the Aussie and the homeless problem is international. Half of Europe would move here tomorrow if they could. Winston Peters? He should get together with Tim Shadbolt and go on a road trip - they could take turns towing the concrete mixer.

Of course its booming Craic, we have to build a city the size of Whangarei or Napier every year. The problem is that we aren't!
    This should be one of the easiest things to plan for because the government has complete control over immigration, so they new it was coming and if they didn't they were blind to it as the net flows have been changed dramatically since 2007/8.
    Let alone the increase in spending required for education, roading, sewerage and other infrastructure.
    We have also created a generation of multi millionaires who have basically done very little to earn it.
    On the face of it you may think this is a good thing, however having a lot of people retire in their 40s who are vastly experienced and skilled is not a good thing for the long term health of the economy. Particularly when we already have a an issue around the baby boomer generation retiring in massive numbers.
    And then there are the have nots who cannot afford to buy a house and a homeless problem like we have never seen before in this country.
    Yep but everything is sweet mate. As long as I am doing ok, stuff the rest.
    That's a mentality that seems to be growing in this country which is nothing to be proud of.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

That's close to 101 good reasons not to vote far Labour
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Of course its booming Craic, we have to build a city the size of Whangarei or Napier every year. The problem is that we aren't!
    This should be one of the easiest things to plan for because the government has complete control over immigration, so they new it was coming and if they didn't they were blind to it as the net flows have been changed dramatically since 2007/8.
    Let alone the increase in spending required for education, roading, sewerage and other infrastructure.
    We have also created a generation of multi millionaires who have basically done very little to earn it.
    On the face of it you may think this is a good thing, however having a lot of people retire in their 40s who are vastly experienced and skilled is not a good thing for the long term health of the economy. Particularly when we already have a an issue around the baby boomer generation retiring in massive numbers.
    And then there are the have nots who cannot afford to buy a house and a homeless problem like we have never seen before in this country.
    Yep but everything is sweet mate. As long as I am doing ok, stuff the rest.
    That's a mentality that seems to be growing in this country which is nothing to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Ask the Maori party.
    Oh yes, as I thought. You could not cite one example.

That's a vacuous one liner there Craic.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    That's close to 101 good reasons not to vote far Labour
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Oh yes, as I thought. You could not cite one example.
    It's more that I can't be bothered. I'm sure you've heard their reasoning.