sharetrader
    Advanced Member

So you've looked in the mirror and finally and honestly decided that your politics are firmly left of centre. Now the good Lord decides to reward you with a choice. You can either have a Labour Government in NZ at the next election AND Donald Trump as president of the USA OR a National Government in NZ after the next election and Hillary Clinton in the White House - there are no other combinations available - Which would you choose?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So you've looked in the mirror and finally and honestly decided that your politics are firmly left of centre. Now the good Lord decides to reward you with a choice. You can either have a Labour Government in NZ at the next election AND Donald Trump as president of the USA OR a National Government in NZ after the next election and Hillary Clinton in the White House - there are no other combinations available - Which would you choose?
    Except it's not that simple, Craic. Labour/Green/NZFirst/TOP could all be in the mix. Outsiders can have the occasional win too, just as Ireland beat the All Blacks just now.

I'd much prefer a leftie coalition here, and Hillary in the White House. Would that be so bad?

Advanced Member

God didn't give you that choice. Read the question. That's why Labour screws up so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Except it's not that simple, Craic. Labour/Green/NZFirst/TOP could all be in the mix. Outsiders can have the occasional win too, just as Ireland beat the All Blacks just now.

I'd much prefer a leftie coalition here, and Hillary in the White House. Would that be so bad?

Legend

God didn't give you that choice. Read the question. That's why Labour screws up so often.
    Like the rapper's song, huh?

Watch this horrible video of Michelle Boag, political commentator of the right, "rapping" in front of a whole lot of National people during a fundraiser in Auckland.

"The right have the money, the right have the power" is one of their unashamed lines.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/vi...lery_id=167428

Bring back the Greens and their ukuleles, I say. I bet they are normally in tune, and not spouting utter crap.

Thanks for that, Jackie Hui, letting us see the inside of National Party fundraisers. Truly scary.
    Last edited by elZorro; 06-11-2016 at 03:40 PM.

I thought post 10281 was one of you better ones craic

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    I thought post 10281 was one of you better ones craic

westerly
    Acshully I'd like to hear what Craic thought of the video, he had a look but didn't say anything. National are being honest in this video, that's how they see it, unadulterated. In which case, they are all very deluded, or self-serving nutters.

Meanwhile Labour's leader is bringing out some new policy that I have a feeling will appeal to some of the leftie posters on here.

78,000 unemployed youth policy:

Rather than pay young people the dole, we’ll set them up for six months with a job working in the conservation estate for DOC, or with a local charity or non-profit.We’ll put young people to work serving the community, getting the work experience they need.
    Now these won’t be flashy jobs, but they will be a first step on the ladder.
    And every young person will be paired with a mentor, someone who can help them learn new skills and get them ready for the job market.
    I’ve seen for myself how programmes like these can work.
    I’ve seen courses where they gave young people who have been out of work for a while a chance.
    And its hands on stuff, they make sure they get to work, they make sure they bring a lunch, and they work in horticulture, they work on the land.
    And by the end of the course, they’ve learned how to stick to a routine, how to pick themselves up when things get rough, they’ve learned habits that will last a life time.
    They’ve got experience, they’ve got a reference, they’re providing for themselves.
    They’re ready for work.
    That’s the change we can make in the lives of thousands of people.
    This is about saying to our young people: we’re not giving up on you. We see the potential in you, and here’s opportunity to make the most of yourself.
    Delegates, we’re going to change the lives of thousands of our young people.
    We’re going to restore opportunity.
    We’re going to restore hope to people.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Acshully I'd like to hear what Craic thought of the video, he had a look but didn't say anything. National are being honest in this video, that's how they see it, unadulterated. In which case, they are all very deluded, or self-serving nutters.

Meanwhile Labour's leader is bringing out some new policy that I have a feeling will appeal to some of the leftie posters on here.
    Sorry eZ, but Labour's current leader will not bring anything to anybody. Labour's next step if they ever want to win is find a proper leader. Little ain't it!

Advanced Member

My post 10281? Now that's a mystery. I would like to know what it is and where it is? I've been on 1290 since before the earthquake - or was it the flood?
    Last edited by craic; 06-11-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Once again you open the mouth before the brain. Greed, in this respect was clearly referring to a human condition. Daytr your mindless pursuit of of the baubles of your own imagination and your stoic belief in every bit of nonsense that comes into your mind leaves me no option but to ignore this forum from this point forward. You can now have the last word with the assurance that, whatever you write, I will not read it. I will be too busy leading a very successful life under a National government on my few acres of paradise, content with my contribution to society. You and whatever party has the misfortune to have your vote can go on into the mindless foggy future you enjoy.
    Post 10281 which was one of craic's better ones
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Post 10281 which was one of craic's better ones
    Craic still hasn't told us what he thought of National's lyrics and attempt at rapping, he seems to have studiously avoided doing so. Maybe it wasn't that bad, there must have been some redeeming features, although any thinking person wouldn't have found any.

Today I spoke with one of Gareth Morgan's first 200 TOP party members, a good family friend who is politically aware. They won't have any trouble getting to 500 members.