sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Sorry eZ, but Labour's current leader will not bring anything to anybody. Labour's next step if they ever want to win is find a proper leader. Little ain't it!
    No need to apologise FP, we all know your views, no one apart from John Key and a bunch of cross party jumpers can match your charismatic requirements. Even Winston who has more charisma than most present day politicians can't meet your somewhat biased viewpoint. Good name for a show jumper though, which kinda fits JK –He’s a bit of a show pony.

westerly

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So you've looked in the mirror and finally and honestly decided that your politics are firmly left of centre. Now the good Lord decides to reward you with a choice. You can either have a Labour Government in NZ at the next election AND Donald Trump as president of the USA OR a National Government in NZ after the next election and Hillary Clinton in the White House - there are no other combinations available - Which would you choose?
    A loaded question deserves a loaded answer. . .

After Mister Trump has a stroke in January 2017, President Pence will get on just fine with New Zealand's Labour Prime Minister English*. And negotiate a mutually beneficial free trade agreement.

*You will recall that Mister English resigned from the National party in protest after the revelations concerning the Malaysian 1MDB scandal, successfully stood as an independent, and was co-opted as Finance Minister by Prime Minister Little.

After a leadership coup by the "other" wing of the Labour party, Mister English was appointed Prime Minister as a compromise, faction-free, candidate on the understanding that he would not stand at the next election.
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 06-11-2016 at 11:30 PM. Reason: pushed "save" too soon

Advanced Member

The reason I did not reply to something you found amusing about a National party ad was because I did not see it and I don't look at political ads. All ads are propaganda at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Craic still hasn't told us what he thought of National's lyrics and attempt at rapping, he seems to have studiously avoided doing so. Maybe it wasn't that bad, there must have been some redeeming features, although any thinking person wouldn't have found any.

Today I spoke with one of Gareth Morgan's first 200 TOP party members, a good family friend who is politically aware. They won't have any trouble getting to 500 members.

Advanced Member

Now that Gareth Morgan's party has hit the boards, Labour and the Greens have decided, with Morgan, to form a new party for the next election. It will be called Three Bling Mice. to distinguish it from the other nursery tales that are the left wing.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Now that Gareth Morgan's party has hit the boards, Labour and the Greens have decided, with Morgan, to form a new party for the next election. It will be called Three Bling Mice. to distinguish it from the other nursery tales that are the left wing.
    It's been interesting to read through the commentary on Sharetrader on the arrival of ToP.

There seem to be quite different, but consistent, reactions from various parts of the (obsolete) political spectrum.

I think it's funny, the way that the National party evolved from various other parties as a coalition to "keep Labour out", and now "the left" is (slowly) evolving into a coalition to "keep National out".

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    It's been interesting to read through the commentary on Sharetrader on the arrival of ToP.

There seem to be quite different, but consistent, reactions from various parts of the (obsolete) political spectrum.

I think it's funny, the way that the National party evolved from various other parties as a coalition to "keep Labour out", and now "the left" is (slowly) evolving into a coalition to "keep National out".
    That might be what's happening, there are a fair few of us who vote Labour partly as a more direct way of booting National out of power. And why not, when they do stuff with taxpayer money that is not in our best interests, just their own.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11743370

John Key backs out of trade trip.
    Last edited by elZorro; 08-11-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That might be what's happening, there are a fair few of us who vote Labour partly as a more direct way of booting National out of power. And why not, when they do stuff with taxpayer money that is not in our best interests, just their own.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11743370

John Key backs out of trade trip.
    Are you telling us you're a Labour supporter eZ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Are you telling us you're a Labour supporter eZ?
    Arrgh, I've been outed!

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6...+November+2016
    Last edited by elZorro; 08-11-2016 at 08:18 AM.

I keep hearing the manufactured term by the Nats "Rock Star economy". The only thing that this economy has in common with rock stars is excesses.
    Lets face it without record immigration and the CHC re-build we would have negative growth. Hardly a sustainable economic plan.
    The stresses that record immigration is putting on infrastructure and housing is unacceptable and has created not only a housing bubble in Auckland that will eventually crash but a wealth gap of the haves & have nots not seen in this country since the Great Depression and it took a Labour government to bring this country together back then. I am not a fan of Labour especially under Little, but something has to change.

The denial by the Nats that Morgan's party wont hurt them is perhaps a telling sign. Morgan is as right wing as they come with market forces being his solution to most things. However he also has a green tinge. Those right wingers that are fed up with National's lack of effort on protecting the environment or tackling climate change will be having a long look at what policies Morgan's party produces.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I keep hearing the manufactured term by the Nats "Rock Star economy".
    The term was conjured up by an overseas economist, and scoffed at by Bill English.