sharetrader

Hardly conjured, its not a new expression and at least Bill English gets something right.
    Pity the rest of his cohorts didn't see it that way with Bennett with the crazed smile on her face and the ex woodwork teacher that has been inept at leading the CHC rebuild not being able to contain themselves. It will be that 2nd rate lawyer Simon Bridges turn next.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Interesting that despite all the disinformationfrom DayTr and EZ etc the NZ unemployment rate has gone below 5%, lowest for a long long time, and an International Monitoring group found that NZ is the most prosperous country in the world!

As for Morgan, he's a woofter and his party will go nowhere and rapidly disappear. After all about half the NZ population own cats and no cat owner would ever vote for Morgan!

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That might be what's happening, there are a fair few of us who vote Labour partly as a more direct way of booting National out of power. And why not, when they do stuff with taxpayer money that is not in our best interests, just their own.
    Do you think there aren't a fair few who vote National as a moredirect way of keeping Labour et al out of power?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Do you think there aren't a fair few who vote National as a moredirect way of keeping Labour et al out of power?
    I can only speak for myself but I always vote in the most effective way possible to keep the party I least want out. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I always vote in the most effective way possible to keep the party I least want out. I'm sure I'm not alone.
    I'm sure you're not.

After all, who ever heard anyone say "Vote the b*st*rds in.

Advanced Member

The great advantage now is that if your aim is to keep Labour out, all you have to do is sit back and Labour will do all the work for you (like resurrectiong a work for the dole scheme that they themselves threw out) or promising things that they can't afford now but will in so many years. Or their favourite, looking frantically for a new leader while insisting that the incumbent is the greatest.

Hey EZ - there's hope yet if Labour are the the 'real deal' who can attract the masses

From Miller on Trump

@GeoffMillerNZ: Is this the end of modern politics? The end of data-driven, spin doctored, focus grouped, triangulated, ideology-light politics? #TrumpNZ
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hey EZ - we often talk about the Labour 'narrative' - i still don't get it, what is it that will make me consider them a serious contender

They should learn from Trump. Even with all the weird stories he told, all his speeches etc talked about making America great again and used the word great over and over again. Pretty simple message - the populous got it.

Even his victory speech had about 25 greats in it

What's Labour message?
    Last edited by winner69; 11-11-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

EZ is feeling abashed to the point of invisibilty by this :-)

November 04 2016 Finding No. 7039 Topic: Federal Poll Public Opinion Country: New Zealand

During October support for National rose by 6.5% to 48% now clearly ahead of a potential Labour/ Greens alliance 38% (down 7.5%) after Prime Minister John Key travelled extensively overseas – including an address to a UN conference in late September. If a New Zealand Election was held now the latest New Zealand Roy Morgan Poll shows National would be re-elected.

However, support for the National partners was down slightly with the Maori Party down 0.5% to 1.5% while Act NZ was 0.5% (down 0.5%) and United Future was 0% (unchanged).

Of the three Parliamentary Opposition parties - Labour’s support was at 26.5% (down 7%), Greens 11.5% (down 0.5%) and NZ First 10% (up 1.5%). Of the parties outside Parliament the Internet Party was 0.5% (up 0.5%), Conservative Party of NZ was 0% (down 0.5%), the Mana Party was 0% (unchanged) and support for Independent/ Other was 1.5% (up 0.5%).

In line with the jump in support for National the NZ Roy Morgan Government Confidence Rating has risen to 126.5pts (up 9.5pts) in October with 55.5% (up 3.5%) of NZ electors saying NZ is ‘heading in the right direction’ compared to only 29% (down 6%) that say NZ is ‘heading in the wrong direction’).

Advanced Member

Don't believe in Polls
    Gut feeling(I live in his constituency) tells me Winston is going to hold his seat and his nz first might take advantage of the trump effect