sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Should they be able to just buy their way in, like Trump (and John Key) did? I think you've taken leave of your senses, FP.
    I don't think Key or Trump bought their way in. My suggestion was that Labour appoint on merit as National does.

"The 9th floor: Jim Bolger says neoliberalism has failed NZ and it's time to give unions the power back "
    Not surprising I suppose there has been no comment from the right on the former Prime Minister' s
    opinions.

There again the Press editorial this morning was somewhat sympathetic to Labour on the List discussion.

National seems to be following Labour candidate selections withe more than a nod to diversity. When their List is finally made public sometime in September any candidate upset by their position will be have been well and truly silenced by the party whips.

Paula will be encouraging tipping for good service but I am not sure many MP s qualify.

westerly

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Should they be able to just buy their way in, like Trump (and John Key) did? I think you've taken leave of your senses, FP.
    You said yourself EZ that part of the criteria was ability to gather votes. Did John Key not meet that criteria pretty well ? How do Willy Jackson and Greg O´Connor for example meet the criteria you refer to as being foremost in Labour big wigs minds ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You said yourself EZ that part of the criteria was ability to gather votes. Did John Key not meet that criteria pretty well ? How do Willy Jackson and Greg O´Connor for example meet the criteria you refer to as being foremost in Labour big wigs minds ?
    It would not be representative to have only intelligemt MPs. I think they are included to cover the IQ range.

Budget says country's finances are in great shape.

Increased accommodation allowances should help 'stretched' investor landlords a bit .....and if course the tenants who are a bit 'stretched' as well
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

After this budget suppose odds on National wining election just got tighter - and Labour / Green now at even longer odds
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    After this budget suppose odds on National wining election just got tighter - and Labour / Green now at even longer odds
    Settle down. You'll upset eZ.

Legend

I'm yet to have a good look at the budget, FP. But increasing the housing supplement will surely end up largely in the hands of landlords, with rents more likely to be paid when due. Many other lolly-scramble parts of the budget were largely catch-up funding. But if it's an extra $2bill or so, there goes the surplus, and they haven't even started repaying any of their new borrowings yet. They'll have to hope there isn't another GFC around the corner.

Very little of the budget is about turning the economy around.

Guru

The way to win a war is to occupy the enemy"s ground.... A tinge of red + blue = purple?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The way to win a war is to occupy the enemy"s ground.... A tinge of red + blue = purple?
    I think Grant Robertson discussed it well on TV1 this morning, no KiwiBuild, much lower tax refund for the lowest paid, it's still a trickle-down philosophy from National. And $1mill towards climate change work. That might be the most damning part of the whole budget. What can you do with $1mill?