sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Been overseas for a couple of months but read NZ papers online everyday. Still have no idea what is being frequently talked about on this forum re Bennett as I haven't seen any of it in our media. Why is that if there is truth to the allegations against her ?

Here is how Barry Soper feels about Turei's law breaking http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11895020
    I am sure he would be hitting Bennett up similarly if he had proof of her doing something illegal, as he should.

I can not see how Turei can remain as Leader of the Greens. She should resign from that job and from Parliament. Does anyone think Winston will go into Government with her at the table ?
    No doubt every news organisation is scratching for evidence of any wrongdoing by Bennett. Obviously none has been found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No doubt every news organisation is scratching for evidence of any wrongdoing by Bennett. Obviously none has been found so far.
    That's correct. If the person believes an offence has been committed then he should contact the Police, who will investigate. If it has any substance they will lay a charge and place evidence before a court

Been overseas for a couple of months but read NZ papers online everyday. Still have no idea what is being frequently talked about on this forum re Bennett as I haven't seen any of it in our media. Why is that if there is truth to the allegations against her ?

Here is how Barry Soper feels about Turei's law breaking http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11895020
    I am sure he would be hitting Bennett up similarly if he had proof of her doing something illegal, as he should.

I can not see how Turei can remain as Leader of the Greens. She should resign from that job and from Parliament. Does anyone think Winston will go into Government with her at the table ?
    National is the first choice for Winston. I was talking to two National Party members in Dunedin yesterday who were handing out promotional material. I raised the issue of Winston sharing Prime Minister position with Bill English. One was horrified at the prospect and could scarcely believe it possible, The other was more realistic and conceded that this has happened in other proportional systems and there is no legal/constitutional impediment

Legend

Tony Wall has written a well researched article about untold back stories, recently. If he learnt anything particularly unsavoury about Paula Bennett, he was careful not to put them into print. It would seem that most of what Ashley Farrell was saying would be in line with her general behaviour, as reported by several other people in this article. She was apparently the life and soul of the party, whatever that means.

More recently, there is an extensive coarse interview of Farrell by Vinny Eastwood, where amongst other things Ashley remembers Paula Bennett and others off their faces on booze and drugs (including Class A drugs) getting tattooed on the kitchen table where he was staying.

Meanwhile, we hear about how this National Government has been adding to its count of elective surgeries with relatively simple eye injections that can be carried out by trained nurses in a sterile room. The govt then uses this data to pump up its annual record of ramped elective surgeries, while other tricky operations are on the back-burner.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/electi...ry-target.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 26-07-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Tony Wall has written a well researched article about untold back stories, recently.
    Most unlike you to use sloppy grammar. No doubt Mr. Wall was writing about recent history, for which 'back story' is a pop misnomer. 'Back story' relates to fictional stories where an episode may be included to give prior details to stretch a bit more mileage out of a story; often called a prequil. I wasn't able to get passed that to read the rest of your post, sorry eZ. You know how I hang out for your every word.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 26-07-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Legend

Most unlike you to use sloppy grammar. No doubt Mr. Wall was writing about recent history, for which 'back story' is a pop minomer. 'Back story' relates to fictional stories where an episode may be included to give prior details to stretch a bit more mileage out of a story; often called a prequil. I wasn't able to get passed that to read the rest of your post, sorry eZ. You know how I hang out for your every word.
    Well if we're being predantic, surely you meant "past", "not passed", FP? Anyway, that was the title of the article, not my words at all. Don't shoot the messenger.

Well if we're being predantic, surely you meant "past", "not passed", FP? Anyway, that was the title of the article, not my words at all. Don't shoot the messenger.
    predantic? A new word or just not being pedantic enough ? Sorry , couldn't resist ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-07-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Touché! Yes. Indeed I meant past. Thank-you for pointing out my careless error (aka as a thinko). However, the fact the error was in the original headline does not necessitate its repetition. You're only partially forgiven.

Membaa

It hasn't been in NZ papers online which doesn't mean it is not the truth, although there is no basis on which to assume it is the truth either. This will bring you up to speed, post #12639 http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post673819 has a link to a copy of the letter originally posted on Facebook but now removed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    predantic? A new word or just not being pedantic enough ? Sorry , couldn't resist ...
    Indeed, that was a typo. I know how to spell that one. Whoops.

I notice no-one seems to be commenting on the actual contents of the post. Could it be that National are just now being further exposed as an arrogant, lying, druggy and dozy bunch of MPs, who have no intention (or ability) to lead the rest of NZ to a brighter future?