sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    National lowest rating in same poll for 10 years trouble ahead me feels
    EZ is a bit weak on the numbers side, Labour's gain was clearly mostly at the expense of the Greens.

It's also intuitive, people will easily move between the two left wing parties but not from National to Labour.

Was the election tonight and I missed it?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Its all on winner and the national supporters are not handling it very gracefully atp.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its all on winner and the national supporters are not handling it very gracefully atp.
    National supporters may be less concerned than you think, it's about who will govern next and Labour just decimated their coalition partner, because the Greens shot theselves in the foot. Nothing Labour did for themselves. The Jacinda effect will wane as the weeks go by, she will grapple with policy and alienate the majority as has her predecessors.

IMO

Thats what you want; reality i hope will be different.As i said its all on

Advanced Member

Thats a bit selective Labour up from 24 to 33 Greens down but not 9 points Labour are on the rise and you may have noticed so is Jacinda!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    National supporters may be less concerned than you think, it's about who will govern next and Labour just decimated their coalition partner, because the Greens shot theselves in the foot. Nothing Labour did for themselves. The Jacinda effect will wane as the weeks go by, she will grapple with policy and alienate the majority as has her predecessors.

Guru

Thats a bit selective Labour up from 24 to 33 Greens down but not 9 points Labour are on the rise and you may have noticed so is Jacinda!
    Tim...did National drop much? It looks like Labour picked up from the Greens and some from NZ First and maybe a few previously undecided. I really don't see a turning tide here. Yes Jacinda is up as preferred PM, which is impressive but surely also superficial. As far as I'm aware she has no experience of management. I wouldn't want her in charge in an international crisis, let alone the hurly burly of national politics.

Advanced Member

Not much quite right but according to Patrick Gower crucially below 45% - you can't speculate that Jacinda couldn't handle a crisis - Key did okay and all he managed was other peoples money

Guru

Not much quite right but according to Patrick Gower crucially below 45% - you can't speculate that Jacinda couldn't handle a crisis - Key did okay and all he managed was other peoples money
    I can speculate it Tim...and I suspect a large proportion of the electorate will as well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I can speculate it Tim...and I suspect a large proportion of the electorate will as well.

None of it matters much. It looks like it will be Winston's decision.