sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Yes I believe Jacinda will get there without NZFirst. She won't want Peters but she also won't want Prosser the tosser
    Mmh - you might be right regarding Jacinda's feelings towards NZF (not that I am an expert on that), but I doubt that she will get the numbers to allow her the luxury of acting on her feelings, if you see what I mean.

Is there any base for your believe (that she would have sufficient numbers without NZF) you are able to share with us? I can't remember any poll suggesting such a constellation.

Personally would I think anyway that Peters (if the voters put him into a kingmaker position) would remember his roots and go with National. Lets face it - the one term he worked from 2005 with Labour was a disaster for him and his party.

But hey , maybe this time its different ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

I can't see the Maori Party ever going into coalition with Labour. It was born out of dissatisfaction with Labour and in a coalition they wouldn't get Maori Affairs portfolio either.

Interesting piece by Barry Soper stating polling for preferred PM and polling for who you would most trust to manage the country are quite different. Bill English fares much better in the second question

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I can't see the Maori Party ever going into coalition with Labour. It was born out of dissatisfaction with Labour and in a coalition they wouldn't get Maori Affairs portfolio either.

Interesting piece by Barry Soper stating polling for preferred PM and polling for who you would most trust to manage the country are quite different. Bill English fares much better in the second question
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11910584

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I wonder which side Barry Soper's on. Here's one from the left, Bryan Gould, and I'm sure Jacinda Ardern will be reading this and making some mental notes.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11909972

Another favourable writeup in the Sydney Morning Herald.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/jacind...23-gy23fj.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 25-08-2017 at 01:05 PM.

IMO

And there we have it .

"It is here that Jacinda Ardern has the chance to lay out a vision of an economy, and more importantly, a society, that is moving in a more socially and environmentally aware and responsible direction."

This is territory that is tailor-made for a young leader in tune with the "hopes of those whose lives lie before them. If she can convincingly articulate a set of values which will guide her on issues yet to be confronted, she will have taken a huge step towards winning, not just on personality, but on the hard issues of politics as well."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Another favourable writeup in the Sydney Morning Herald.
    Would you seriously give any credence to an Aussie advising on politics?

The Jacinda effect is now a Jacinda tsunami - that's what I read on Stuff

May as well call the election off - declare her the PM now

Would save a lot of time - and people can get back to doing productive stuff again.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Just been helping put up some Jacinda signs, so good to see that kind of article, W69.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...South-Auckland

It's the first time for a while, some positive changes are in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Jacinda effect is now a Jacinda tsunami - that's what I read on Stuff

May as well call the election off - declare her the PM now

Would save a lot of time - and people can get back to doing productive stuff again.
    But are tsunamis in South Auckland really that desirable, even if they are called Jacinda? We need to make sure voters are not drowning in her ... might end up with bad press
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    But are tsunamis in South Auckland really that desirable, even if they are called Jacinda? We need to make sure voters are not drowning in her ... might end up with bad press
    Jacinda was down there in Dunedin, also had a good reception compared to Bill English.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...unded-taxpayer