sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The numbers game

Thats it credibility gone; thank you Joyce take a bow; national are history and what a pathetic lying deceiving finish to a party that became a mini me trump. National are Sepia. So pleased they've shafted themselves with their dirty smear tactics; but not an honourable Seppuku no dishonourable imo.
    Very strange article JT. She started out trashing Joyce and finished admitting he had a point. The very point that Joyce reinforced this afternoon

IMO

What are you on jonu; read the article; find the truth and it will set you free.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    What are you on jonu; read the article; find the truth and it will set you free.
    I did read the article JT, and as I explained, felt Tracy Watkins did an about face. I thought it was a very poor piece of writing.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I did read the article JT, and as I explained, felt Tracy Watkins did an about face. I thought it was a very poor piece of writing.
    Semantics. Labour have slid the operational expenses into another column. Their numbers stack up but they have planned on spending the bit normally held for economic shocks. Put that back where it came from and there's the hole.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Semantics. Labour have slid the operational expenses into another column. Their numbers stack up but they have planned on spending the bit normally held for economic shocks. Put that back where it came from and there's the hole.
    No they didn't, Grant Robertson specifically said they didn't use the spare amounts in their calculations. Anyway, Labour grew the economy so well in their last terms, that the tax take went up. There will be funds there. It's a bit ripe National taking potshots at Labour when during National's terms, the only way they could survive (after hitting the tax base) was to borrow heavily, and they're still borrowing to pay interest. None of it has been paid back, that's for a future generation, a future government.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    No they didn't, Grant Robertson specifically said they didn't use the spare amounts in their calculations. Anyway, Labour grew the economy so well in their last terms, that the tax take went up. There will be funds there. It's a bit ripe National taking potshots at Labour when during National's terms, the only way they could survive (after hitting the tax base) was to borrow heavily, and they're still borrowing to pay interest. None of it has been paid back, that's for a future generation, a future government.
    I'll bet my bottom dollar that if they do win, we'll see death duties and gift duties back in no time at all. They should come clean on this rather than waffle on about consulting a tax group. She knows what she will do,

Dilettante

I'll bet my bottom dollar that if they do win, we'll see death duties and gift duties back in no time at all. They should come clean on this rather than waffle on about consulting a tax group. She knows what she will do,
    Of course they will, since they've now admitted they've left nothing to cover cost increases year by year outside of education and health, something that is hardly believable nor possible. But they could convince the public by coming clean and being honest about what they intend to do.
    Pattrick Smellie this morning on Stuff https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/965...es-any-favours

Guru

And Joyce didn't see that?
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11917655

Guru

I love the way National claim their vision with the Waterview Tunnel when it was Labours vision that started it.
    More egg - they really do look desperate these days.

IMO

Joyce is a hole .The. Crying wolf when it is a dog. He has sawn the limb off while sitting on it. I value all the independent economists NOT the national party strategist! .Never seen such a weight of economists stacked up against joyce's falsehood. A basic accounting error from joyce who failed his economics.

The facts and evidence are here.

Listenduration 3′ :50″
    joyce has brought politicking into disrepute imo and english is lowering himself to the same ,corrupted by power , not misinforming, or slanting but straight out lying, nothing less. Is labour stooping like this and abandoning decency, ethics and morals, no. That difference alone is more than enough for me to make an easy decision in a few weeks.