sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    New Colmar Poll results out confirm Labour is getting ahead of National, those voters who like to be on the winning side are swapping over, thanks very much.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-remains-ahead

This is great news for lefties, great news for NZ's future. I see Jacinda has some regional employment ideas about using more local wood in NZ on projects like KiwiBuild, even if Winston thinks we've pinched some of his good policies.

National has been pinching Labour policies for long enough.

But all this feel-good stuff means the likelihood of a Labour/Green/Maori/NZFirst coalition is high. If voter sentiment keeps going the way it is, it'll be Labour/Green.
    Hopefully the Greens will get under 5% and not be representing us in Parliament. But a Labour/NZ first government looks on the cards. ElZorro you will be happy to know that Labour are $1.70 favourites to provide the next Prime minister in NZ. However funnily National are still odds on favourites to have the most seats in Parliament.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hopefully the Greens will get under 5% and not be representing us in Parliament. But a Labour/NZ first government looks on the cards. ElZorro you will be happy to know that Labour are $1.70 favourites to provide the next Prime minister in NZ. However funnily National are still odds on favourites to have the most seats in Parliament.
    Not very exciting odds, I can't even get anyone on here to take a bet on National..

I must admit I'm pretty happy with the latest poll. You should have seen the big young crowd Jacinda had at the University of Waikato yesterday. She really is a phenomenon. The younger vote will be a lot bigger this election.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    .... the likelihood of a Labour/Green/Maori/NZFirst coalition is high....
    That would definitely be entertaining, or maybe 'interesting times' would be more accurate.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Maybe, maybe not in the case of the Accommodation Supplement. There are two research papers referred to in the literature review linked below. One says no impact of the AS, one says some impact. From the summary in the link-

[I]Findings from the literature review suggest that rents are determined by house prices
    in the long run.

And fungus says house prices are influenced by rents.

Advanced Member

Ouch! You might end up in the sharetrader sin bin?
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'll help out. Yes, he's every bit as ignorant as he appears. Nobody could put it on to that degree; never ever anything constructive; just snide, sad, derogatory comments. Big chip on each shoulder I'd say.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I have a feeling that if the moderators read through your posts, and replies to others, that's exactly where you would be.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    My suggestion would have been to refer the comment to the mods, if you found it offensive, and not to republish it a second time.

Legend

A link to the streamed Stuff leaders debate held tonight. Most agreed that Jacinda won this one.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...th-our-pundits

Legend

Now RNZ's Poll of Polls shows Labour slightly ahead of National with the party vote, and of course the press are pointing polls out constantly in their news broadcasts. This is a very cheap marketing campaign for the Left, once it kicked off.

Don't forget National had it all its own way for nine years or more - surely the Left had to have its day sooner or later.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...n-the-averages

Based on this new data, pollsters will be able to predict which previously strong National seats could fall to Labour candidates. Both the Hamilton seats are bellwether electorates, for example. I expect a lot of urban NZ will look red on the voting maps come September 23rd.

Note that the four biggest parties usually grab 90% of the vote or more, and as the Greens and NZFirst drop away, it really is looking like a two-horse drag race, as Bill says. Lots of Labour people are thinking about voting tactically for the Greens with their party vote, to make sure they reach the 5% threshold. So far they're well over the line on average.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 08-09-2017 at 07:32 AM.

EZ - Your friend Winston says polls are 'invariably wrong'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”