sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Can I join the gang?

Discl: Closet Labour voter.
    I think you came out of the closet some time ago EL Z.

I (to a point) admire the Labour stalwarts on here. It's a brave place to fly your colours in what is always going to be a right leaning community of investors. I do get worried by the blind fervour displayed for Jacinda. There has been a lot of glossing over of her monumental cock-up on here.

I was suspicious of her prior to the "Captain's Call" reversal of the "Captain's Call...It's too important for us to wait" on tax changes. Now I think she has been completely exposed to be as cynical as the rest of them. (That is, if it really was her call) The big prize glittered just out of her reach and she sold her soul to grasp it. She can't claim to be morally superior to anyone now. What was too important to wait for, suddenly became expedient.

Like the sands through the hourglass - it has taken just four short weeks for Jacinda Ardern's "campaign of our lives" to become more akin to the The Days of Our Lives.

Labour's Wonder Woman has found herself cast in a long-running soap opera - but not as a super hero.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11922858
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I think you came out of the closet some time ago EL Z.

I (to a point) admire the Labour stalwarts on here. It's a brave place to fly your colours in what is always going to be a right leaning community of investors. I do get worried by the blind fervour displayed for Jacinda. There has been a lot of glossing over of her monumental cock-up on here.

I was suspicious of her prior to the "Captain's Call" reversal of the "Captain's Call...It's too important for us to wait" on tax changes. Now I think she has been completely exposed to be as cynical as the rest of them. (That is, if it really was her call) The big prize glittered just out of her reach and she sold her soul to grasp it. She can't claim to be morally superior to anyone now. What was too important to wait for, suddenly became expedient.
    There was always going to be a big delay on tax changes, now it's officially three years. It doesn't matter too much, a Labour govt will be looking harder at big corporates, and their other initiatives will improve productivity, employment levels, and the net tax returns.

Here's a compilation of mean tweets read out by the MPs or people concerned. Contains swearing beeped out.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/16...d-mean-tweets/

Legend

National deserve to be punished for their stupid grants for first home buyers policy; so now that Act looks very likely to have a second MP, that's my vote sorted ........................................probably.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not surprising

Hope the young are just not swayed by a big smile and a bit of razzamatazz
    These stats are clear proof that wisdom grows with age
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    These stats are clear proof that wisdom grows with age
    I doubt that I could get any wiser.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Like the sands through the hourglass - it has taken just four short weeks for Jacinda Ardern's "campaign of our lives" to become more akin to the The Days of Our Lives.

Labour's Wonder Woman has found herself cast in a long-running soap opera - but not as a super hero.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11922858
    Even if she doesn't win you could hardly call her a loser. She will have saved them from certain death, and she could remain as leader right up to a month before the next election - when they'll boot her out.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    .... It doesn't matter too much, a Labour govt will be looking harder at big corporates, and their other initiatives will improve productivity, employment levels, and the net tax returns.

Its up to individual companies to develop their own initiatives to increase productivity - to succeed they need a Government that reduces barriers. Particularly around tax and labour relations.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    National deserve to be punished for their stupid grants for first home buyers policy; so now that Act looks very likely to have a second MP, that's my vote sorted ........................................probably.
    That is one offence. Another is EQC, Another is continuation of futile ETS. Another is keeping a large swathe of NZ as beneficiaries through WFF. And also interfering in employment agreements and creating a national award for carers - with no expectation of an improvement in productivity. And the nail in the coffin is removing civil rights through the idea of search for no cause.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    That is one offence. Another is EQC, Another is continuation of futile ETS. Another is keeping a large swathe of NZ as beneficiaries through WFF. And also interfering in employment agreements and creating a national award for carers - with no expectation of an improvement in productivity. And the nail in the coffin is removing civil rights through the idea of search for no cause.
    Yeah, but at least they are nowhere near as dopey as Labour. WFF should gto and move to a flat tax system kicking in over a certain level of income. Current system is too complicated.