sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm not surprised you're leaving it until the last minute, presumably in case Taxcinda comes out with anymore 'let's not do this' moments. Of course, Taxcinda and James Shaw could have a fight to the death dust-up after the nonsense on Q + A today.
    I have no such concerns, so will vote in the morning, then again Tuesday, and daily until Saturday - when I will vote twice; mostly for Act, but a couple for National.
    Yeah I'm contemplating voting twice too. I have a mate who is on the roll but never bothers to vote. So I may rock up tomorrow at the local mall and cast a vote on his behalf. All they do is ask your name and address and no ID required (my partner has already voted and that is all she supplied). Then on Saturday its off to cast my own vote. 4 ticks blue (or ACT or NZF, have not yet fully decided how this is going to go)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yeah I'm contemplating voting twice too. I have a mate who is on the roll but never bothers to vote. So I may rock up tomorrow at the local mall and cast a vote on his behalf. All they do is ask your name and address and no ID required (my partner has already voted and that is all she supplied). Then on Saturday its off to cast my own vote. 4 ticks blue (or ACT or NZF, have not yet fully decided how this is going to go)
    Cant see any problem with that. If its OK for the (ex) Green Party leader to massage the electoral system it should be OK for us mere voters. I've got a couple of spare ones as well - might have to go to 3 different polling booths

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Cant see any problem with that. If its OK for the (ex) Green Party leader to massage the electoral system it should be OK for us mere voters. I've got a couple of spare ones as well - might have to go to 3 different polling booths
    Are you guys trying to wind me up? I don't think it's that easy, and it's certainly illegal. If that person doesn't vote themselves, no-one else can do it for them. You should present the small card you got in the mail (one card one vote), and I'd think anyone not using that will be looked at pretty carefully on the 23rd. If you haven't enrolled by the 23rd, you can't vote. Go to an early polling station where you can enrol and vote at the same time, they'll have enough time to help you.

As for you desperate National voters, trying to keep a disappointing freeloading government in power, shame on you. Your time has come, get used to it.

Annette King said that she's quite happy leaving the next lot of policy decisions to the younger ones. Rod Oram would agree.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/09/1...ion2017-choice
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-09-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Advanced Member

Of course they don't mean it. If they were planning to they would not exactly be saying so on a public forum.

Don't need an easyvote card to vote. I voted last week, card arrived afterwards. The person I got my voting paper from said a lot of people had not received their cards.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Are you guys trying to wind me up? I don't think it's that easy, and it's certainly illegal.
    Illegal, schemegal. If its good enough for Meteria to add votes in an electorate that wasn't hers then its good enough to ensure a registered voters opportunity is used. Seems there are loads of greens who have no issue with manipulating the electoral systems - and they may get into bed with Labour. So lets not be making a fuss!

Legend

Are you guys trying to wind me up? I don't think it's that easy, and it's certainly illegal. If that person doesn't vote themselves, no-one else can do it for them. You should present the small card you got in the mail (one card one vote), and I'd think anyone not using that will be looked at pretty carefully on the 23rd. If you haven't enrolled by the 23rd, you can't vote. Go to an early polling station where you can enrol and vote at the same time, they'll have enough time to help you.

As for you desperate National voters, trying to keep a disappointing freeloading government in power, shame on you. Your time has come, get used to it.

Annette King said that she's quite happy leaving the next lot of policy decisions to the younger ones. Rod Oram would agree.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/09/1...ion2017-choice
    You certainly don't need the card but it speeds things up if you can give then the number on it. It's the page no and column. They don't care if you haven't got the card. Nobody bothered with the votes I cast last week in three different polling places.

Legend

I should add that if voting more than once make sure you use details of someone you know will not be voting, because every vote is checked against a master roll. You can buy voters rights for $10 a time or less. Better than donating to the party.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You certainly don't need the card but it speeds things up if you can give then the number on it. It's the page no and column. They don't care if you haven't got the card. Nobody bothered with the votes I cast last week in three different polling places.
    Correct, you do not need the card. My partner voted without the card and only gave her name and address. She did not have to provide ID. So my initial thoughts are possible. Wind you up ELZorro... I would not do that surely?

For what its worth, I still have not received the card either. Its very tempting.. my friend never votes.... I know his address.... decisions decisions

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Correct, you do not need the card. My partner voted without the card and only gave her name and address. She did not have to provide ID. So my initial thoughts are possible. Wind you up ELZorro... I would not do that surely?

For what its worth, I still have not received the card either. Its very tempting.. my friend never votes.... I know his address.... decisions decisions
    The Herald's recent data suggests a Labour-Green coalition is on the cards.

http://insights.nzherald.co.nz/artic...tion-forecast/

Except I can't agree with their countrywide Party vote numbers. They suggest that 96% of voters will vote for the big four. That's never happened before. 92% maybe.

Dilettante

The Herald's recent data suggests a Labour-Green coalition is on the cards.

http://insights.nzherald.co.nz/artic...tion-forecast/

Except I can't agree with their countrywide Party vote numbers. They suggest that 96% of voters will vote for the big four. That's never happened before. 92% maybe.
    I would not be surprised EZ if people will be voting for the "major" parties this time more than in previous MMP elections. Clearly NZF has already lost some of their left leaning voters to Labour. I expect there is a real risk for NZF that their right leaning voters will get cold feet and vote for National if they think there is a potential for a Labour-Green coalition. I would not be surprised that as a result, NZF will not make the 5% threshold !