sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I would not be surprised EZ if people will be voting for the "major" parties this time more than in previous MMP elections. Clearly NZF has already lost some of their left leaning voters to Labour. I expect there is a real risk for NZF that their right leaning voters will get cold feet and vote for National if they think there is a potential for a Labour-Green coalition. I would not be surprised that as a result, NZF will not make the 5% threshold !
    If that happened, they'd never be back.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Back to the old days

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If that happened, they'd never be back.
    I suspect that New Zealand has a great desire for change of government this election.

I think that people who want a change will be likely to vote Labour, as they will think that doing so will make the change they want more likely to happen.

I think there will be a similar, although less pronounced, effect by those who don't want a change.

This will take votes off all the smaller parties across the political spectrum, and I suspect that some of them may never recover.

This will raise the spectre of what happens to MMP if the little parties never make 5%?
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 18-09-2017 at 04:32 AM.

I didn't see JACINDA Party on the voting form
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I didn't see JACINDA Party on the voting form
    No. She's with National. Just tick that.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    I suspect that New Zealand has a great desire for change of government this election.

I think that people who want a change will be likely to vote Labour, as they will think that doing so will make the change they want more likely to happen.

I think there will be a similar, although less pronounced, effect by those who don't want a change.

This will take votes off all the smaller parties across the political spectrum, and I suspect that some of them may never recover.

This will raise the spectre of what happens to MMP if the little parties never make 5%?
    Then we would at least have the party that received the most votes as the government, which overcomes the nonsense of FPP, but we would be better off with SMP.

Hope Jacinda fiddling with the way the Reserve Bank works and monetary policy doesn't upset overseas forex traders and lenders
    Last edited by winner69; 18-09-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No. She's with National. Just tick that.
    Can I do that. Gerry Brownlee told me "two ticks blue" in the weekend.

Default Green calls for Capital Gains Tax NOW!

Amazing ... and here I thought that the Greenies shifted at least this election their focus onto the environment (after the Metiria disaster, this is). But they just can't change their spots - can they? The hard left appendix of our Labour party just can't hide what's really important for them: It is not the environment, it is taxing everybody who has any money they earned by hard work (like in a Kiwisaver account) and increasing the benefits for spoiled brats like Metiria:

James Shaw is calling for Capital Gains Tax NOW!

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/electi...ns-demand.html

Not sure what he wants to achieve other than lose further support (maybe take some hard left votes off Labour?), but than - listening to the electorate was never a skill valued on the Left side. At least we can't complain that they didn't show their true colours!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Her and I saw the section on Winnie last night on news or whatever and decided to give NZF or party vote. We may change but anything to keep the Greens out.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Amazing ... and here I thought that the Greenies shifted at least this election their focus onto the environment (after the Metiria disaster, this is). But they just can't change their spots - can they? The hard left appendix of our Labour party just can't hide what's really important for them: It is not the environment, it is taxing everybody who has any money they earned by hard work (like in a Kiwisaver account) and increasing the benefits for spoiled brats like Metiria:

James Shaw is calling for Capital Gains Tax NOW!

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/electi...ns-demand.html

Not sure what he wants to achieve other than lose further support (maybe take some hard left votes off Labour?), but than - listening to the electorate was never a skill valued on the Left side. At least we can't complain that they didn't show their true colours!
    His stance on making CGT key in any coalition negotiations was simply insane. Does he really believe Labour could do another 180 turn, making a full 360 degree reversal without irretrievably destroying themselves in their first week in office? Is he as naïve as Jacinda?