sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Greens holding any real power is a very scary thought.
    Why, what are they going to do? A lot of their policies are already incorporated in Labour and even NZ First policies, and National imply they're going to clean up the rivers too. After all, farmers have spent $2bill already over five years... If it was dairy farmers only, that's less than $20,000 p.a. each farm, which is on average what they'd spend on effluent containment near the dairy platform, I'd say. It won't be spent directly on improving rivers, and if it was, it's not working yet. But this puts into scale the Nat govt spend on water issues, not much at all.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Watching the debate tonight, the stardust has fallen to the ground, Bill showed his vast knowledge and experience as opposed to a smiley face with lots of good ideas with little substance.
    He showed he can lie trump like, the new norm (teach your children well.tui) , hosking was handing him a spade. He will never be trusted or believed again. What happened to honest bill?

Advanced Member

Honest Bill will be the NZ Prime Minister when you wake up on Sunday morning - live with it. And the tax cut he promised for the new year will occur - Jacinda was going to cancel it or so she claimed.

IMO

I haven't got a Tardus craic where did you get yours from. Its close is the most accurate one can say imo.

Jacinda will cancel the tax cut and put the money into badly needed social and health services because national have not looked after or valued their citizens; simple as that ;they don't care enough; instead they have fiddled for 9 long years while suicide , depression, poverty, homelessness, people dying while waiting for operations that never come and peoples quality of life deteriorating while waiting.

If you haven't got health insurance you are not valued; just thrown on the pile. Then there is the environment and water issues which national also hasn't faced up to etc. Get the DRIFT?

On top of all that we have a prime minister who is prepared to blatantly lie in front of the whole country in tonights debate about an imaginary fiscal hole that ONLY he and Joyce can see. Talk about digging a bigger HOLE for himself. He can NEVER be believed again. What happened to honest bill, corrupted by power?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I haven't got a Tardus craic where did you get yours from. Its close is the most accurate one can say imo.

Jacinda will cancel the tax cut and put the money into badly needed social and health services because national have not looked after or valued their citizens; simple as that ;they don't care enough; instead they have fiddled for 9 long years while suicide , depression, poverty, homelessness, people dying while waiting for operations that never come and peoples quality of life deteriorating while waiting.

If you haven't got health insurance you are not valued; just thrown on the pile. Then there is the environment and water issues which national also hasn't faced up to etc. Get the DRIFT?

On top of all that we have a prime minister who is prepared to blatantly lie in front of the whole country in tonights debate about an imaginary fiscal hole that ONLY he and Joyce can see. Talk about digging a bigger HOLE for himself. He can NEVER be believed again. What happened to honest bill, corrupted by power?
    JT I think we all know what you think with your umpteen negative and confrontational posts. Polls on both Stuff and NZ Herald have Bill as the clear favourite from last night's debate. I thought Taxinda did well in the first 2 debates but she was completely hopeless last night and is being shown up for having little or no substance. She was "fustrated" about Bill pointing out people will be paying higher income taxes from 1 April 2018 should she become PM. But that is a fact, not "lying or smearing".
    Last edited by iceman; 21-09-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Sounds like a first world prob for you mm......... (p is a poverty drug), poverty ,.
    I don't still don't know where you get your stuff. But it seems I have been totally screed by successive governments because I am so poor I cant even afford P. But on reflection I think it might be because I am putting some of my money into my unaffordable house - keeps me out of my polluting car at night though.

If you want a descriptor for P then it is a "Decision Drug". In the beginning someone is deciding to sell and someone is deciding to buy. And you want me to fund the consequences of their decisions.

About time you faced the real problem. Poverty in so many cases is about bad decisions. The first thing to do is to put resource into ensuring people make better decisions. What does labour say about that?

If you haven't got health insurance you are not valued;
    I'm wondering what you drug of choice is. I don't care that you are taking it but I am worried it is impacting your thought processes when it comes to deciding our next government. Walk into any public hospial and you wil see it full of valued people.

Then there is the environment and water issues which national also hasn't faced up to etc. Get the DRIFT?
    If Labour was serious about the environment and rivers they would introduce a Polluters Penalty and it would apply to every citizen - not just farmers who are industrial engine house of this country.

Get your people to run an honest poll. "If you were to pay $100 for your pollution to fund a clean up of country and city rivers, lakes and sea would you support that tax". The results would be 5% would support it because every one else doesn't think they pollute.
    Last edited by minimoke; 21-09-2017 at 07:08 AM.

https://croakingcassandra.com/2017/0...ce-with-slurs/

A pretty poor response from a high ranking Nat who happens to be the Attorney General

Didn't even know he was standing in my electorate - shows you how hard he trying

I too surprised not much said about the background of this MP Jian Yang - maybe Labour part of the deal.
    Last edited by winner69; 21-09-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    https://croakingcassandra.com/2017/0...ce-with-slurs/

A pretty poor response from a high ranking Nat who happens to be the Attorney General

Didn't even know he was standing in my electorate - shows you how hard he trying

I too surprised not much said about the background of this MP Jian Yang - maybe Labour part of the deal.
    The guy on the floor was probably a labour supporter given his numerical skills. He had an opportunity to ask one question. There were three as far as I could see.

IMO

Very pertinent point for all parties to address and an embarrassing gaffe from the Attorney General.

"As Professor Brady put it in her paper, the fear of giving any offence to the government of the People’s Republic of China – a brutal and aggressive dictatorship – seems to have been raised to a defining feature of New Zealand politics, and not just by National.
    We saw it on display tonight, nowhere more so than in the despicable performance by our Attorney-General and first law officer. How safe is our democracy, our values and freedoms, our laws, in such hands?"