sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Just so you know JT, the Hurunui is currently flowing at 250 cumecs a second. That means 250,000 liters are flowing a second. 1 million litres in 4 seconds. 15 million litres in a minute. That is 1/1440 of current capacity.

The Waimaks currently flowing at 350 cumecs a second - do the math)

Stop sea level rise - sell more river water!
    If you haven't noticed it has been raining quite heavily the last few days, consequently the braided rivers are running higher than normal. Farmers will be smiling, good for pasture growth. Also good for the aquifiers which rely on river flows to maintain water levels. Water becomes valuable when summer finally arrives and the braided rivers approach their minimum flows and irrigation is restricted.
    When the rivers are in flood irrigators do not want the water, it is too dirty for their equipment. If you can find a use for all that dirty water flowing out to sea I am sure you will make a fortune.

westerly

Who is going to be Deputy Prime Minister then

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...prime-minister
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Who is going to be Deputy Prime Minister then

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...prime-minister
    I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the Prime Minister portfolio is what Winston will be trying his damndest for, along with a couple of concessions to make it look good. That's why I'd put my money on Labour, cos National wouldn't tolerate Mr. 7% trying to run the show. In the unlikely event that Labour don't leap at his generous offer to run the ship for them, I reckon Winston will head for the cross benches. That would leave Winston probably in the situation where he'd almost certainly behave himself.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the Prime Minister portfolio is what Winston will be trying his damndest for, .
    No matter what, I don't think Winston is that delusional

Legend

He's tried for it before, and he's more delusional now than he was then - and he's got a much weaker Labour to suck up to his big ambition.

....he's in his 70's
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ....he's in his 70's
    Smoked most of his life, Maori, reputedly a big drinker. There's three factors that make it remarkable he's still on his feet.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

I have a suspicion that Winston Peters is almost as much interested in his political legacy - the future of his creation, New Zealand First - as he is in holding office this time round.

IMO

I have absolutely no doubt that national will suck up to winston. Hey they've thrown dead cats around have looked the nation in the eye and lied(remember that hole) and are unprincipled and desperate to stay in power because imo they are addicted to it, so whats a few rats swallowed; to them nothing. they will pull him in and do something dirty some time later to remove him.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt that national will suck up to winston. Hey they've thrown dead cats around have looked the nation in the eye and lied(remember that hole) and are unprincipled and desperate to stay in power because imo they are addicted to it, so whats a few rats swallowed; to them nothing. they will pull him in and do something dirty some time later to remove him.
    As predicted by Joyce, the teachers are about to start digging the hole; one thing that is known and Taxcinda and Robbersin haven't allowed for. And that's just the start of the public service demands.