sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    ................ - if I am still alive.
    Live Long and Prosper Craic! We voted and whether we want the result, it's up for WP (da pak) to decide.

Legend

As a National voter in this election, I hope that Peters goes with Labour. I stand to lose or gain little or nothing from the result. But I am thoroughly jerked by the idea that a small bunch of nobodies will sit under the directions of a politician who could not even hold his own seat and will direct the future of the nation for the next three years. That Bill English has gone along with this process without rancour leaves me with the decision that I will not waste shoe leather going to the polls at the next election - if I am still alive.
    Never ever give up your duty, which is to vote against the worst party - which is presumably why you voted National this time.

Veteran novice

As a National voter in this election, I hope that Peters goes with Labour. I stand to lose or gain little or nothing from the result. But I am thoroughly jerked by the idea that a small bunch of nobodies will sit under the directions of a politician who could not even hold his own seat and will direct the future of the nation for the next three years. That Bill English has gone along with this process without rancour leaves me with the decision that I will not waste shoe leather going to the polls at the next election - if I am still alive.
    Echos the sentiments of many of the 93% who didn't vote for NZF - myself included. So much for the virtues of MMP!

NZ central bank was the the pioneer of the inflation-targeting regime. Inflation target has become the global economic orthodoxy.

now Jacinda and Winston are going to change all that .....and probably stuff the country up in the process

But then some will say things need to change ....and we'll look look back in 30 years time and say heck that Jacinda was one smart cookie.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Never ever give up your duty, which is to vote against the worst party - which is presumably why you voted National this time.
    National NZ First Negotiation meeting

Bill English:" Ok Winston what do you require of us?'

Winston " 1) Access to Pike River Mine to retrieve the deceased,
    2)Nationalisation of all the means of production, distribution, and exchange
    3) Cut immigration for non-NZ passport holders to 5000 per year
    4) increase minimum wage to $25.00 per hour
    5) ban all sales of assets and property to foreigners
    6) throw Steven Joyce, Amy Adams, Michael Woodhouse and Simon Bridges under a (political) bus
    7) I will be deputy Prime Minister and NZ frst will have one-third of all cabinet positions
    8) Declare a Republic in 2020 and make me the first President of New Zealand

Bill English "Well Winston, National is a party of principle and I will have to carefully consider your demands and whether they align with our core values"

ten seconds later

Bill English " I agree,
    lets shake on it."

IMO

Lol good one , Bill will be bending over to accomodate what winston wants.Other answers.

Bill English yes sure Winston, what else?
    Bill English yes absolutely ; is that all?

Guru

Bit of movement on the markets:

This morning it was:

Bill 72% Jacinda 28%

Now it is"

Bill 64% Jacinda 36%

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Lol good one , Bill will be bending over to accomodate what winston wants.
    You dont think Jacinda will be doing exactly the same thing?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    there was going to be a story along those lines that was going to be published a week or so before the election but somehow it got pulled
    Where was it going to be published? Who wrote it? Who pulled it? Why? There's every reason to be sceptical about stories involving politicians - even plonkers like Winston.

I note now he's denying he claimed one or some of his board would be held up because of a funeral. That adds to the result on the12th that 'the media made up', as well as denying he ever claimed to have bottom lines.
    This is the man who's 'going to keep them honest'.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 13-10-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    What amazing rhetoric from a Conservative. Take some of your advice to EZ and have a Kit Kat. As for the link, I don't think much of what is listed applies to NZ
    westerly
    I don't know what a conservative is. I only know I'm not one.