sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    More likely to be Broken Shed or VDK6100 Vodka, potentially a local Gin or indeed an RTD and the ethanol is usually made from deproteinated whey a byproduct from making casein.

Source:
    https://moorewilsons.co.nz/broken-sh...and-vodka.html
    http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-service...201.6%20MB.pdf
    Very interesting. All the big spirit manufacturers are already bought out by overseas companies. 42 Below, for example. Good game to get into if you want a big payout at the end.

What does it have to do with the political thread though? You have to watch out for Craic, he's always trying to derail it with a common theme of alcohol consumption. Ok, maybe it has a tenuous link to the economy. But as one university academic (Philosophy) said, "Has anyone ever seen the economy?" He then postulated - it therefore doesn't exist.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Very interesting. All the big spirit manufacturers are already bought out by overseas companies. 42 Below, for example. Good game to get into if you want a big payout at the end.

What does it have to do with the political thread though? You have to watch out for Craic, he's always trying to derail it with a common theme of alcohol consumption. Ok, maybe it has a tenuous link to the economy. But as one university academic (Philosophy) said, "Has anyone ever seen the economy?" He then postulated - it therefore doesn't exist.
    It won't soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It won't soon.
    It will, but not as we know it

. Ok, maybe it has a tenuous link to the economy. But as one university academic (Philosophy) said, "Has anyone ever seen the economy?" He then postulated - it therefore doesn't exist.
    This is why we need free education. In my philosophy class it was "
    "
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around
    to hear it, does it make a sound?" Obviously must have had it wrong in the past and we need this new un-neoliberal thinking.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    This is why we need free education. In my philosophy class it was "
    "
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around
    to hear it, does it make a sound?" Obviously must have had it wrong in the past and we need this new un-neoliberal thinking.
    MM, you are mixed up there. My wife is keen to remind me of the actual expression, by keeping a prominent fridge magnet adorned with the message, placed at about head height:

"If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Dilettante

So you´re all drunk in the forest now ! Thought you said back to politics EZ :-)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So you´re all drunk in the forest now ! Thought you said back to politics EZ :-)
    You'll note I have cheered up a fair bit since the change of government, and I like the look of most of the changes coming through.

National have installed themselves in opposition, with an 'interesting' lineup.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-to-opposition

Judith Collins has moved up seven places on the list to be at No. 9, she's on the front bench again.

Thankfully the Climate Change shadow job has been removed from an incompetent Paula Bennett, but it was given to Todd Muller, who is no. 46 on the National list. I guess Climate Change isn't at all important to the caucus, then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 03-11-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Guru

Thankfully the Climate Change shadow job has been removed from an incompetent Paula Bennett, but it was given to Todd Muller, who is no. 46 on the National list. I guess Climate Change isn't at all important to the caucus, then.
    And nor should it be in my opinion. Good to see Judith back higher up and with Transport. This opposition could yet create some problems for the govt.

Also backing the "and it shouldn't be" opinion. No-one has yet given me one piece of information that shows anything NZ does will make one smidge of difference to climate change.

Judith is in an excellent place. Front bench in opposition. I couldn't have asked for better!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Also backing the "and it shouldn't be" opinion. No-one has yet given me one piece of information that shows anything NZ does will make one smidge of difference to climate change.

Judith is in an excellent place. Front bench in opposition. I couldn't have asked for better!
    I'm worried about the sanity of you two.. I guess we have a difference of opinion there.

Here's one aspect of coalition policy that is great, more public service broadcasting funds. RNZ will get a fair chunk of it, since the culture at TVNZ is fairly commercial now.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...r-broadcasting

Maybe we'll get something that is even better than TVNZ 7, the channel National scrapped.

Coincidentally, John Campbell has just won a big overseas award for Presenter of the Year, with Checkpoint.