sharetrader
Page 1516 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 516101614161466150615121513151415151516151715181519152015261566 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,160 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Provided they pick the right one there is no doubt they would win. Labour has next to nothing going for them - apart from a leader with a bit of charisma.
    Her charisma is wearing thin - her defensive performance yesterday afternoon shows she knows the tide is turning and majority are seeing through now to her 'all spin and no delivery' government.

Wrong. National needs to do a hell of a lot more between now and the election, other than simply getting rid of Collins. That alone is not going to do it. I voted Labour last election, but as I have previously said, I am less than happy about some of their recent initiatives/decisions (not including their management of covid). But right now, National gives me absolutely nothing to vote for either. If they don't pull some rabbits out of the bag soon, they have no hope of getting my vote, or the vote or any disillusioned Labour voters.

Not entirely sure how I feel about ACT, but at this point in time I think my son is right - they will pick up the votes from people "stuck in limbo" with no clear winner in terms of who to vote for. Both Labour and National need to seriously think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Provided they pick the right one there is no doubt they would win. Labour has next to nothing going for them - apart from a leader with a bit of charisma.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Her charisma is wearing thin - her defensive performance yesterday afternoon shows she knows the tide is turning and majority are seeing through now to her 'all spin and no delivery' government.
    Of course it will wear thin. Time does that to alll politicians, but she's still got a heap of brownie points at this stage with no threat in sight. National needs to get a new leader in place now. No use waiting till just before the election. They've got a couple of real possibilities in their ranks. And - apart from the leader - Labour aren't in the hunt.

Guru

The only deadbeat is Whaleoil in Drag. She is the one who is knifing and spraying to try and maintain her grip on power, and she doesn't care how many elections she loses as long as she stays there.
    If she can destroy all internal challengers and up and comers in the National caucus then she will. It is a scorched earth policy will will set the party back a decade. Get her out, she is still the same toxic 'dirty politics' person she has always been, the leopard doesn't change its spots. She can only talk tough - is not quick enough between the ears but has borrowed Muldoon's grin and deploys it liberally...that's about all she has got, that and utter ruthlessness.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Meanwhile in National disunity reigns
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...ZQCLRXK2BKYZE/
    "One source told the Herald that Collins "completely lost it" at Bishop. Another source described her tirade as "f***ing ballistic"."

Would someone mind sharing a rough outline of what this story was about? Guessing it was about Bishop's twitter response re voting on the recent piece of draft legislation?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Would someone mind sharing a rough outline of what this story was about? Guessing it was about Bishop's twitter response re voting on the recent piece of draft legislation?
    Collins was unhappy with the way some MPs had publicly suggested they were less than supportive of the caucus' decision to vote against a ban on conversion therapy.

Collins allegedly unloaded on one of the most high-profile detractors, Covid-19 spokesman Chris Bishop.

Dilettante

Basically saying Judith lost it in a caucus meeting ripping into Chris Bishop and dressing down the other MPs that were unhappy about the caucus decision to not allow conscience votes on the conversion therapy bill. It is known that Nicola Willis, Chris Bishop and Erica Stanford may have wanted to vote in favour of it. I think ACT were much smarter voting for it to go in for a 2nd reading without promising support beyond that.

Advanced Member

Thanks Dobby & Iceman, I thought as much.

Bit of 'throwing stones in glass houses'. Apart from shows of loyalty & unity never bothering Judith too much in the past, she's just adding to the damage.

A quiet word would have been the way to handle it rather than a humiliating showdown in front of caucus.
    The sort of thing not easily 'moved on from' as am sure she would like to think.
    Big ego's involved & she must be feeling her leadership vulnerable & on increasingly shaky ground.

Advanced Member

.... A quiet word would have been the way to handle it rather than a humiliating showdown in front of caucus.
    The sort of thing not easily 'moved on from' as am sure she would like to think.
    Big ego's involved & she must be feeling her leadership vulnerable & on increasingly shaky ground.
    Pour encourager les autres. Obviously.

Guru

“in this country it is found good, from time to time, to kill one Admiral to encourage the others.”