sharetrader
Page 1523 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 523102314231473151315191520152115221523152415251526152715331573 ... LastLast
Results 15,221 to 15,230 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    The policy centre he worked once at was later trying to downplay the deaths of 6,000 indigeneous children.

Nice to know they attract only the best talent.
    They hold anti-vaccine positions too

https://fcpp.org/2021/09/15/no-booster-shot-for-me/

Also promoting climate change denials & even had to apologise to a scientist for attempting to discredit him with unfounded aspersions.

Yes, ACT's David Seymour is a strange fellow with some disturbingly dogmatic & myopic views.

Biggest weakness, he doesn't see the broad picture, doesn't make the links, not a big picture thinker.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 17-09-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

Biggest weakness, he doesn't see the broad picture, doesn't make the links, not a big picture thinker.
    Some critical thinking skills needs to be a big part of philosophy courses at universities.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-09-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I wasn't saying he is a good alternative ... however - I think he would be a much better opposition leader than Judith ;

And yes, I neither like ACT's environmental policies nor do I like their stance on law and order. However - there are as well so many things I don't like about Green policies (though in different areas) or with Labours implementation abilities as well as with Labours (not so hidden anymore) racist agenda.
    Duds wherever one looks ...
    I meant it when I said I will try to pick the "smaller evil" ...
    Very good to see policies mentioned. Not a lot of it about these days, especially in the media.

Advanced Member

This is another example where National get it so wrong every time.

We're seeing Covid has got into the gangs & now there's huge concern about their compliance with stopping the spread.
    The prison population are likely to be the least bothered about protecting others from infection & most challenging to comply/enforce with lockdown once released from prison.

Corrections dept were actively pushing to get the prison population vaccinated as fast as possible obviously for this reason, but National were outraged about this (the prison population) being a priority.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...line-cops.html

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    This is another example where National get it so wrong every time.

We're seeing Covid has got into the gangs & now there's huge concern about their compliance with stopping the spread.
    The prison population are likely to be the least bothered about protecting others from infection & most challenging to comply/enforce with lockdown once released from prison.

Corrections dept were actively pushing to get the prison population vaccinated as fast as possible obviously for this reason, but National were outraged about this (the prison population) being a priority.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...line-cops.html

Not exactly correct. She was challenging the decision of vaccinating the prisoners ahead of the police. I agree with her.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Not exactly correct. She was challenging the decision of vaccinating the prisoners ahead of the police. I agree with her.

Of course I agree vaccinating the Police was a priority too, but back then it seemed anyone could walk into a vaccination centre and get a jab without an appointment & would expect many police did. Although there wasn't an official policy or fast track exemption for them, it probably wasn't needed.

There really needed to be a fast track policy for both, but anyway the thing I really object to is the way National sabotage the fast tracking of prisoner vaccination, instead of simply pushing for the police to be a priority too.
    Containing an outbreak in the gangs is much harder than containing an outbreak among some police officers.

David Seymour similarly sabotaged the program to try and get dangerously lagging Maori vaccination rates up in West Auckland, when he released the code for appointments to the general public. Containing an outbreaks in the Maori or Polynesian population tends to be far more difficult because of things like their large family & community groups, overcrowded housing, church groups and so on.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Some critical thinking skills needs to be a big part of philospohy courses at universities.
    ...which is precisely why they are.

Guru

You could just have a big fat hypocrite
    Judith Collins filmed without a mask at Queenstown business.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...BUVRCIU3QRIPA/
    What hope is there for the party when their leader thinks understanding the rules is difficult?
    You don't have to wear a mask when you are eating at a cafe but standing in the takeaway queue is hardly 'eating'.

Out and about in the country for the last few days, I didn't see anyone who didn't understand the rules - mask to enter a cafe until seated. Mask back on to go and pay. Really not hard.
    So it seems that the average punter can understand the rules better than the National leader and the health shadow.
    Sad times for National.
    We deserve a better opposition, democracy needs a real opposition party!

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You could just have a big fat hypocrite
    Judith Collins filmed without a mask at Queenstown business.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...BUVRCIU3QRIPA/
    What hope is there for the party when their leader thinks understanding the rules is difficult?
    You don't have to wear a mask when you are eating at a cafe but standing in the takeaway queue is hardly 'eating'.

Out and about in the country for the last few days, I didn't see anyone who didn't understand the rules - mask to enter a cafe until seated. Mask back on to go and pay. Really not hard.
    So it seems that the average punter can understand the rules better than the National leader and the health shadow.
    Sad times for National.
    We deserve a better opposition, democracy needs a real opposition party!
    You are absolutely right. However - I do see a pattern.

I remember that we had a similar problems with the quality of the opposition while John Key and later Bill English used to be PM.

Must be something wrong with the opposition benches in NZ ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 24-09-2021 at 01:03 AM.