sharetrader
Page 1525 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 525102514251475151515211522152315241525152615271528152915351575 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,250 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Judith ‘Whaleoil’ Collins says she won’t resign, even if National drops below 20%. What an awful woman she is. Key has been more effective in 1 day than Collins has been in months - and it’s off the back of one solitary opinion piece. Collins is an egotistical narcissistic wrecking ball - demolishing National from the inside out.
    I saw Collins on the telly - She implied that John Key was the National Party's Helen Clark. That seemed designed to scare National Party members to remain with Collins!

Guru

They either smile or they get the guillotine.
    Yep. However being the National Party leader is as safe as the head of a Parisian aristocrat during "The Terror!"

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I saw Collins on the telly - She implied that John Key was the National Party's Helen Clark. That seemed designed to scare National Party members to remain with Collins!

I thought that was more about taking the sting out of her as current National party leader, being completely overshadowed by John Key.

Key's comments were headlines everywhere for the right reasons, whereas Collins is becoming increasingly irrelevant & seldom in the headlines except for all the wrong reasons (i.e. the latest stumble)

Helen Clark has never overshadowed Adern in that way.

With such low personal polling, the mental pressure on Collins must be immense & you have to have some respect for being able to handle it, (though the strain is showing.)
    It must be tough having finally got the job you so desperately wanted, to find you are so unpopular with much of the country.

Everyone likes to be liked, but politicians more than most. And 5% as leader of National, as preferred PM must feel like such a public humiliation.
    That's 'crushing'!
    Hope some are looking out for her mental health, & she will listen on when to walk away. No one wants another Todd Muller or Claire Curran.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 28-09-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Everyone likes to be liked, but politicians more than most. And 5% as leader of National, as preferred PM must feel like such a public humiliation.
    That's 'crushing'!
    Hope some are looking out for her mental health, & she will listen on when to walk away. No one wants another Todd Muller or Claire Curran.
    I'm not sure what gives you that idea. Have you surveyed the other members of Labour?
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 28-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...EVSCMPZEWE4OU/

Smiling Assassin is back.

Excerpt : "National Party leader Judith Collins: Has Key signalled her days are numbered?

She's got her own pandemic plan to announce this week and he just conjured a bunch of soundbites guaranteed to steal her thunder. It's hard to see that as anything but deliberate sabotage.

Key, on the whole a party loyalist, is fed up. So he's signalled that National should stop waiting for a more propitious moment to choose a new leader. He's read the tea leaves that we've all read: if they wait much longer they'll find themselves chasing Act. Last night's 1 News Colman Brunton poll will only have reinforced that.

Remember what they called him at Merrill Lynch? The smiling assassin just went to work."

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm not sure what gives you that idea. Have you surveyed the other members of Labour?

I don't know what you mean?
    And what's Labour MP's link to Judith Collins 5% in preferred PM poll?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...EVSCMPZEWE4OU/

Smiling Assassin is back.

Excerpt : "National Party leader Judith Collins: Has Key signalled her days are numbered?

She's got her own pandemic plan to announce this week and he just conjured a bunch of soundbites guaranteed to steal her thunder. It's hard to see that as anything but deliberate sabotage.

Key, on the whole a party loyalist, is fed up. So he's signalled that National should stop waiting for a more propitious moment to choose a new leader. He's read the tea leaves that we've all read: if they wait much longer they'll find themselves chasing Act. Last night's 1 News Colman Brunton poll will only have reinforced that.

Remember what they called him at Merrill Lynch? The smiling assassin just went to work."

I think you're right, probably also encouraged by some senior National party members & former senior MP's who see its time to get this train off this track before its too late.

Judith ‘Whaleoil’ Collins says she won’t resign, even if National drops below 20%. What an awful woman she is. Key has been more effective in 1 day than Collins has been in months - and it’s off the back of one solitary opinion piece. Collins is an egotistical narcissistic wrecking ball - demolishing National from the inside out.
    Didn't thought I might at some stage agree with you, but in this case I do. Collins well might be the end of National as we know it ...

Might be though a more generic problem with conservative parties these days ... The German CDU (comparable to National) lost this week the election as well for picking a quite unpopular candidate ...

Power corrupts - and this is what Collins is currently demonstrating for anybody who didn't know yet.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I don't know what you mean?
    And what's Labour MP's link to Judith Collins 5% in preferred PM poll?
    I mean I am quite sure other members of Labour would be delighted to have another Muller, or a Curran as leader of National, but I've no idea what your second sentence means

Guru

Sir John often came within one seat of losing govt to a coalition (how mmp is designed to work).

Unfortunately national is too partisan to consider a "grand coalition" with labour.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 28-09-2021 at 12:32 PM.