sharetrader
Page 1536 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 536103614361486152615321533153415351536153715381539154015461586 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,360 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

Boris Johnson has jumped the shark many times and still the UK's Hard Right Party hangs on to him for fear their house of cards will come tumbling down.
    Former Aussie PM Malcom Turnbull lambasts Morrison .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9SC9ON9gNA
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 26-11-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Does Grant Robertson do it for you?

Or are you more inclined towards Poto Williams?

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...iction-policy/
    The fact that Jacinda and her mob have left this woman in her portfolio is hard to believe. She is totally incapble of applying common sense because she doesn't appear to have any. Many will remember her demonstration of stupidity when she suggested removing the presumption of innocence afforded to alleged perpetrators of sexual assault. That was unbelievable.
    Her appointment shows the problem within Labour. i.e. a shortage of competent mps.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The fact that Jacinda and her mob have left this woman in her portfolio is hard to believe. She is totally incapble of applying common sense because she doesn't appear to have any. Many will remember her demonstration of stupidity when she suggested removing the presumption of innocence afforded to alleged perpetrators of sexual assault. That was unbelievable.
    Her appointment shows the problem within Labour. i.e. a shortage of competent mps.
    Then, there's

- Kris Faafoi (hiding these days from scrutiny),

- Kelvin Davis (Maori criminals are misunderstood and must be protected from punishment so it's ok for corrections officers to be assaulted) and

- Megan Woods (Housing disaster and hiding behind the nincompoop Poto-loo Williams over the KO mess).

The Maori cabal in Cindy's government are meanwhile pushing ahead with divisive racist policies to gain power (3 Waters and Health already in the bag).

I fully agree. However - this needs to be balanced with Nationals problem - i.e. a shortage of politicians able to work together in a team for the good of the people.

The people just can't win, no matter whom they choose .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I fully agree. However - this needs to be balanced with Nationals problem - i.e. a shortage of politicians able to work together in a team for the good of the people.

The people just can't win, no matter whom they choose .
    I don't think National have got that on their own. Put any large group of decision makers together and there'll be a few 'soloists' emerge.

Advanced Member

Well who'd have thought!
    In this mornings Newshub poll, Shame Reti is absolutely miles ahead as preferred 'who should be the next leader of the National party' on 51%.
    Way back in 2nd is Luxon on 31%, followed by Bridges 12% and then Mitchell 7%.

Not scientific but still over 12,000 votes.
    Considering in the media Reti often gets dismissed as a potential leader as un-relatable, might shake the race up a bit.
    Perhaps some decency is what people want in their leaders after all.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Well who'd have thought!
    In this mornings Newshub poll, Shame Reti is absolutely miles ahead as preferred 'who should be the next leader of the National party' on 51%.
    Way back in 2nd is Luxon on 31%, followed by Bridges 12% and then Mitchell 7%.

Not scientific but still over 12,000 votes.
    Considering in the media Reti often gets dismissed as a potential leader as un-relatable, might shake the race up a bit.
    Perhaps some decency is what people want in their leaders after all.
    He comes across as a very intelligent and thoroughly decent person. Not sure he has got what it takes to lead though and get the votes needed, but who knows ? At the end of the day the Leader is chosen by caucus and I don't think Reti would have done himself any favours by being involved with Collins in the ridiculous and ill considered attempt to take down Bridges, that so spectacularly backfired.
    It really is time for a bold change in the leadership and front bench with strong positions for young liberal leaning MPs, mixed with some of the younger conservative members of the caucus.

Nats need to be brave and try something new and fresh

Andrew Bayley that type of guy - seems to be pretty smart

Climber many mountains in his life
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I don't think National have got that on their own. Put any large group of decision makers together and there'll be a few 'soloists' emerge.
    True ... but I still hope National gets eventually through its Game of Thrones phase.

It would feel really good to have for a change an opposition doing what they are supposed to do (constructively monitoring and appraising the government and being ready to take over the reign if required) instead of playing internal power games and forgetting on that way the interests of the people who voted for them and who pay for their salaries.

The political discussion yesterday shouldn't have been about Judiths callousness but about some unfit laws Labour pushed through under urgency.

Its bad enough to have a bad government, but a bad government in combination with an inept opposition is sheer terror.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nation...IQOTN5LXDWN2A/

National in turmoil as Judith Collins forced from power

26 Nov, 2021 07:50 AM

The MP at the centre of the Simon Bridges crude-comment saga says she's surprised and disappointed Judith Collins used it to demote Bridges - a move that's sparked yet more turmoil within the party and the demise of Collins' leadership.

Jacqui Dean says she raised Bridges' comments from 2017 with Collins several weeks ago in the context of the Francis review into Parliamentary behaviour.

Collins told Newstalk ZB's Mike Hosking today that she "felt between a rock and hard place" when she was told about the comment. She did not believe it had been properly dealt with at the time.

But many commentators believe Collins used the comment as a means to try to prevent Bridges' own aspirations and internal momentum to become party leader again - a move that backfired spectacularly when she was ousted yesterday.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 26-11-2021 at 09:10 AM.