sharetrader
Page 1537 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 537103714371487152715331534153515361537153815391540154115471587 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,370 of 16077
    Guru

Jacqui Dean raised Bridges comments with Collins several weeks ago, then no doubt after consultation with the toxic large marine mammal she waited for what she thought was the perfect time to dump her dirt.

She needs to retire and get out of parliament, and then maybe we can shut the book on the flithy and malignant 'Dirty Politics' saga that these 2 scumbags have been perpetrating for years.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Well who'd have thought!
    In this mornings Newshub poll, Shame Reti is absolutely miles ahead as preferred 'who should be the next leader of the National party' on 51%.
    Way back in 2nd is Luxon on 31%, followed by Bridges 12% and then Mitchell 7%.

Not scientific but still over 12,000 votes.
    Considering in the media Reti often gets dismissed as a potential leader as un-relatable, might shake the race up a bit.
    Perhaps some decency is what people want in their leaders after all.
    Agree .
    I would vote for National if Shane was leader (would never have voted for Judith )

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He comes across as a very intelligent and thoroughly decent person. Not sure he has got what it takes to lead though and get the votes needed, but who knows ? At the end of the day the Leader is chosen by caucus and I don't think Reti would have done himself any favours by being involved with Collins in the ridiculous and ill considered attempt to take down Bridges, that so spectacularly backfired.
    And that shows a lack of politiical judgement. That rare gift that gives the ability to mind-read the hoi-polloi. Add to that his seeming lack of humour and I don't think he's quite the next P.M. Besides - he's boring. Keep looking National - there is an answer in your ranks.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Agree .
    I would vote for National if Shane was leader (would never have voted for Judith )
    Probably worse than todd muller.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Well who'd have thought!
    In this mornings Newshub poll, Shame Reti is absolutely miles ahead as preferred 'who should be the next leader of the National party' on 51%.
    Way back in 2nd is Luxon on 31%, followed by Bridges 12% and then Mitchell 7%.

Not scientific but still over 12,000 votes.
    Considering in the media Reti often gets dismissed as a potential leader as un-relatable, might shake the race up a bit.
    Perhaps some decency is what people want in their leaders after all.
    He probably would need a bit more exposure .... but I agree - he feels like a decent man as well as competent in his field. Have not yet seen him trying to herd cats - i.e. don't know whether he would be a good party leader.

But hey - anybody would be an improvement compared to Judith!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Judith came to Dr Reti with a so-called 'serious allegation' that -

a) Had been dealt with internally 5 years ago.

b) She had been sitting on for several weeks i.e. it hadn't just that moment been revealed to her.

It looks like Dr Reti has backed her to deal with it the way she did, and he was going to be one of the 3 people fronting up at the press conference at 10 am - the others being Collins and Dean - to complete the hit job on Bridges.

Therefore IMO Dr Reti is far too weak of an individual to take on the leadership full time. Imagine allowing yourself to be complicit and to provide a veneer of respectability to a nasty political hit-job being pulled by the 'Dirty Politics' crew. Dr Reti should have seen Collins' stunt for exactly what it was and refused to support it.

Advanced Member

My guess is that Simon Bridges will be re instated as Leader.

He WANTS the job, in his own words older and wiser now, and knows the territory, was rolled by a clumsy coup, many involved with that are no longer there.
    Importantly in MMP, he does not rule out other parties who he could work with.

Who else would you want as your deputy, but a capable non threatening person who knows what teamwork means?
    Shane Reti.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    He probably would need a bit more exposure .... but I agree - he feels like a decent man as well as competent in his field. Have not yet seen him trying to herd cats - i.e. don't know whether he would be a good party leader.
    Would he have what it takes though?
    David Shearer was a very decent man, good at what he did, well respected but didn't have what it took to be the leader.

Guru

Luxon with matt doocey as deputy.

Wouldn't that make for a good photo.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Would he have what it takes though?
    David Shearer was a very decent man, good at what he did, well respected but didn't have what it took to be the leader.
    Good question .... I don't know. But yes, your comparison with David Shearer might be quite appropriate.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)