sharetrader
Page 1538 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 538103814381488152815341535153615371538153915401541154215481588 ... LastLast
Results 15,371 to 15,380 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    My guess is that Simon Bridges will be re instated as Leader.

He WANTS the job, in his own words older and wiser now, and knows the territory, was rolled by a clumsy coup, many involved with that are no longer there.
    Importantly in MMP, he does not rule out other parties who he could work with.

Who else would you want as your deputy, but a capable non threatening person who knows what teamwork means?
    Shane Reti.
    No doubt Simon Bridges wants the job. However, the more important question is - do the NZ people want him as PM? I do have my doubts on that.

Just depends on whether National wants to stick for some more terms in opposition or whether they are ready to take on the government ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Luxon with matt doocey as deputy.

Wouldn't that make for a good photo.
    Good point.

Chris.jpg

Matt.jpg

Matt Chris.pdf
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 26-11-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Guru

My guess is that Simon Bridges will be re instated as Leader.

He WANTS the job, in his own words older and wiser now, and knows the territory, was rolled by a clumsy coup, many involved with that are no longer there.
    Importantly in MMP, he does not rule out other parties who he could work with.

Who else would you want as your deputy, but a capable non threatening person who knows what teamwork means?
    Shane Reti.
    Soimon? The guy with the mangled way of speaking who has been embroiled firstly in the Jamie-Lee Ross saga & now in the Collins hit-job. Neither Ross or Collins would have had anything to work with if foot-in-mouth Bridges hadn't provided them with the raw materials. Bridges is seen as one of a string of failed leaders who have been unpopular with the public & moreover the view of the majority is that they would have seen us with 'open borders' and COVID maruading through the land if they had their way. Rightly or wrongly, the perception of the majority is that Jacinda kept us safe (or as safe as possible) while National would have overseen a debacle.

It is quite dunder-headed of the National cauces and National party supporters to continue to gravitate towards people who the majority either loathe or view as laughing stocks. For rusted-on National supporters the 'Crusher' was seen as 'tough', 'experienced', and 'smart', while everyone else viewed her as a stupid, nasty, vicious buffoon. So now National supporters need to look at Bridges with clear eyes as well, because he has just as many flaws & while it may be a neat redemption story if he gets the leadership back, IMO National will just be lurching from the frying pan to the fire.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 26-11-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Soimon? The guy with the mangled way of speaking who has been embroiled firstly in the Jamie-Lee Ross saga & now in the Collins hit-job. Neither Ross or Collins would have had anything to work with if foot-in-mouth Bridges hadn't provided them with the raw materials. Bridges is seen as one of a string of failed leaders who have been unpopular with the public & moreover the view of the majority is that they would have seen us with 'open borders' and COVID maruading through the land if they had their way. Rightly or wrongly, the perception of the majority is that Jacinda kept us safe (or as safe as possible) while National would have overseen a debacle.

It is quite dunder-headed of the National cauces and National party supporters to continue to gravitate towards people who the majority either loathe or view as laughing stocks. For rusted-on National supporters the 'Crusher' was seen as 'tough', 'experienced', and 'smart', while everyone else viewed her as a stupid, nasty, vicious buffoon. So now National supporters need to look at Bridges with clear eyes as well, because he has just as many flaws & while it may be a neat redemption story if he gets the leadership back, IMO National will just be lurching from the frying pan to the fire.
    Your picks please?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Good point.

Chris.jpg

Matt.jpg
    Doesn't look like they provide much work for hairdressers.

Guru

Collins said in the press release that the decision had been made with the consent of National’s out-of-Parliament board.

“This evening, with unanimous support of the board of the National Party, Simon Bridges, Member for Tauranga, has been demoted and relieved of his portfolio responsibilities,” Collins said.

But National sources immediately disputed this with Stuff, and Goodfellow painted a very different picture in an email to members on Thursday afternoon.

“Yesterday, an allegation was raised with the Board of Directors regarding the conduct of a National Member of Parliament. As with all sensitive matters such as this, we must take them very seriously when they are raised,” Goodfellow wrote.
    “In considering the matter, the Board unanimously supported a first step in seeking further information from the parties involved, and ensure that the Member of Parliament who was the subject of the allegations was given the opportunity to provide a considered response before any conclusions were drawn.”
    “No specific penalties or actions were discussed, agreed, or endorsed by the Board at its meeting yesterday, beyond our support for an investigation in line with due process. It was not and is not a role of the Board to give approval to demote Caucus members or to take similar action.”

Legend

You assume that people vote for the party they want - I don't. I believe a large number of voters execise their vote to keep out the party they most dislike - or fear. I certainly do and I know I'm far from alone.

Guru

Your picks please?
    'My picks' are: a person from the caucus who is not a failed former leader who proved to be unpopular with the public and has a penchant for making unfortunate and brainless comments.

Anyone except a person that fits that description.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You assume that people vote for the party they want - I don't. I believe a large number of voters execise their vote to keep out the party they most dislike - or fear. I certainly do and I know I'm far from alone.
    So you vote Labour to stop the influence of the Greens on the government?

And how has that worked out for you?

Legend

So you vote Labour to stop the influence of the Greens on the government?
    Don't be silly. As I said, I use my vote in the most effective way I can in an attempt to keep out the parties I don't want.