sharetrader
Page 154 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 541041441501511521531541551561571581642042546541154 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Colin Craig. Anybody but please. We had a time when the church held power over running the land. It was called the dark ages.
    Agreed, although if he manages to keep Labour/Green out, wouldn't that be doing God's work?

Possibly best not to get me started on the existance of god. Politics AND religion in a debate. Sounds like a nightmare dinner party!

If he kept L/G out I would still think he was a misogynist, fundamentalist bigot.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Possibly best not to get me started on the existance of god. Politics AND religion in a debate. Sounds like a nightmare dinner party!

If he kept L/G out I would still think he was a misogynist, fundamentalist bigot.
    I agree with all of that, but I'd rather have a misogynist, fundamentalist bigot in power than Cunliffe or Norman anywhere near the treasury benches.

The question arises - Is Labour sane? Are they going to abolish democracy?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...omen-only-rule

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    The question arises - Is Labour sane? Are they going to abolish democracy?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...omen-only-rule
    They'll soon forget that bit of nonsense. It's unbelievable, coming from a political party.

Legend

Maybe that's not a policy that will fly. I knew you guys would have something to say about it though, that's the amusing bit.

One thing Labour should have as a policy, that goes right to the core of Labour values, is to promise to go into the Pike River Mine and recover the miners, should they get elected. The current situation is a prime example of the private sector washing its hands of the responsibility, there's no chance of a profit there, so they're not going to do it. The Labour ethos is that government will step in to help fix this situation for the families involved. What kind of a country do we have, what sort of a culture, if we just leave them down there.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    One thing Labour should have as a policy, that goes right to the core of Labour values, is to promise to go into the Pike River Mine and recover the miners, should they get elected.
    Are you saying this is a formal policy from Labour ? Will at least half the rescuers be female ?

Dilettante

Had to laugh reading this on Stuff this morning

" Labour added to its woes yesterday claiming in a press release it had 15 female MPs in its 34 MP line-up. It actually has only 14, even after the addition of Ikaroa-Rawhiti MP Meka Whaitiri.

Even the insiders are getting confused who in the caucus is male and who is female so not much chance of them getting their 50% right

Maybe Grant Robertson is considered female?

Advanced Member

The same culture that leaves a few hundred thousand bodies in the sands of Gallipoli and fields all over europe. The remains are just that - dacayed remains of corpses - What sane society would risk the lives of others just to remove this stuff to cemeteries or ash urns or whatever when the vast amount of monies involved could better be used on the health and welfare of the living?
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Maybe that's not a policy that will fly. I knew you guys would have something to say about it though, that's the amusing bit.

One thing Labour should have as a policy, that goes right to the core of Labour values, is to promise to go into the Pike River Mine and recover the miners, should they get elected. The current situation is a prime example of the private sector washing its hands of the responsibility, there's no chance of a profit there, so they're not going to do it. The Labour ethos is that government will step in to help fix this situation for the families involved. What kind of a country do we have, what sort of a culture, if we just leave them down there.