sharetrader
Page 1554 of 1601 FirstFirst ... 55410541454150415441550155115521553155415551556155715581564 ... LastLast
Results 15,531 to 15,540 of 16010
  1. #15531
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Read this first :

    https://democracyproject.nz/2021/11/...f-david-lange/

    Then, we can have a meaningful discussion on whether this government is truly helping Maoris achieve desirable & positive outcomes for them & NZ.
    An article everyone should read.

    A difference I see between Lange and Adhern is that Lange did not see himself as a comrade.

    Comrades believe in revolution and destruction.

  2. #15532
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    An article everyone should read.

    A difference I see between Lange and Adhern is that Lange did not see himself as a comrade.

    Comrades believe in revolution and destruction.
    And she is power hungry and lusts after the idolisation which she gets from employing an army of spin doctors and staff.

    Lange told it as it was.

    And he was not clueless, had a conscience which ultimately cost him his job. A man of integrity.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-11-2021 at 12:46 PM.

  3. #15533
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post

    Comrades believe in revolution and destruction.
    Jacinda worked for Tony blair.

    The most successful UK govt ever, aside from the unfortunate Iraq issue.

  4. #15534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Funny that, on a lighter note, calls for unity seem to be falling on deaf ears.
    They can't even agree on where the post caucus announcement will be made!
    A National party spokesman said, 'we have a situation where one potential leader wants the old Legislative Council Chamber and the other wants the Beehive Banquet Hall.
    So they've had to book both!
    So much for getting rid of the division & disfunction, must be so disheartening for the dwindling few MP's like Reti who put the country ahead of self interest.

    Last time, caucus all came out & stood behind Judith Collins in a show of unity. Wasn't long before the bluster turned to custard.
    This time, maybe they should carry the new leader out on their shoulders.

    Chris Luxon won't want to tarnish his future prospects with a lost vote, expect him to pull out if he thinks he's going to lose.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 30-11-2021 at 12:50 PM.

  5. #15535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Jacinda worked for Tony blair.

    The most successful UK govt ever, aside from the unfortunate Iraq issue.
    What, cooking his fish & chips?

    The poms like a good feed of fish & chips, as much as any kiwi!

  6. #15536
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    As a "senior policy advisor".

    If you want to build things up, rather than tear things down, then you need sound policies.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 30-11-2021 at 01:28 PM.

  7. #15537
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,649

    Default

    Luxon Announced as the new leader. He might be alright. Certainly better than Judith.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 30-11-2021 at 01:06 PM.

  8. #15538
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Funny that, on a lighter note, calls for unity seem to be falling on deaf ears.
    They can't even agree on where the post caucus announcement will be made!
    A National party spokesman said, 'we have a situation where one potential leader wants the old Legislative Council Chamber and the other wants the Beehive Banquet Hall.
    So they've had to book both!
    So much for getting rid of the division & disfunction, must be so disheartening for the dwindling few MP's like Reti who put the country ahead of self interest.

    Last time, caucus all came out & stood behind Judith Collins in a show of unity. Wasn't long before the bluster turned to custard.
    This time, maybe they should carry the new leader out on their shoulders.

    Chris Luxon won't want to tarnish his future prospects with a lost vote, expect him to pull out if he thinks he's going to lose.
    Wrong, wrong and wrong from the media & your interpretation.

    Read the article on Cindy vs Lange yet?

  9. #15539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Luxon Announced as the new leader. He might be alright. Certainly better than Judith.
    No doubt Labour will be delighted with his election. The most likely outcome will be ACT accounting for 20% at the next election.
    For Labour I still think there is a high probability of Jacinda announcing that she will relinquish the leadership of the Labour party next November /December

  10. #15540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    For Labour I still think there is a high probability of Jacinda announcing that she will relinquish the leadership of the Labour party next November /December
    Why is that Sarge?

    Any nominations for replacement?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •