sharetrader
Page 1571 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 57110711471152115611567156815691570157115721573157415751581 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,710 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I hear the message loud & clear.

Only elect under achievers into Parliament!
    Average NZers should be able to aspire to parliament too, if they have good ideas and can find support for them.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 04-12-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Average NZers should be able to aspire to parliament too, if they have good ideas and can find support for them.
    Don’t worry about that - the current Labour caucus is living proof that plenty of below average NZers and underachievers get into Parliament. In fact, the caucus is full of them!

Guru

Russia is not anything to envy. There needs to be checks and balances otherwise we have "entitled" people who think than can govern simply due to their wealth - with no relevant experience.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 04-12-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Russia is not anything to envy. There needs to be checks and balances otherwise we have "entitled" people who think than can govern simply due to their wealth - with no relevant experience.
    Compared to those with zero experience like Clueless Cindy & her team of incompetents who have never created any businesses or work in a business environment?

What about Whanau Ora btw - you have been busy posting garbage out there so you can start rectifying that by clarifying Whanau Ora. Who initiated and created Whanau Ora?

And what is there to envy about Russia?
    Last edited by Balance; 04-12-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Compared to those with zero experience like Clueless Cindy & her team of incompetents who have never created any businesses or work in a business environment?
    Jacinda has experience as an MP, advisor to Tony blair and PM.

Jacinda has experience as an MP, advisor to Tony blair and PM.
    Zero real world experience in other words.

What about Whanau Ora btw - you have been busy posting garbage out there so you can start rectifying that by clarifying Whanau Ora. Who initiated and created Whanau Ora?

Guru

Zero real world experience in other words.

Everyone has a real world experience.

Mitt Romney was governer of massachusetts before running against Obama.

We have someone being parachuted as an "MP for Botany", which is supposed to be a diverse electorate, then running to be PM.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 04-12-2021 at 12:37 PM.

If you are a politician it pays to have relevant experience in politics, which Jacinda has. A vocal group think that politicians should pander to business, and this promoted under the guise of having business experience.

I see Nicola Willis has had a career in politics since 2003 when she first worked for Bill English. She was a senior adviser to Sir John Key when he was Prime Minister and he described her as “outstanding” with a “tremendous intellect”, and as someone who is hardworking and dedicated.

Willis brings her experience under Key and time at Fonterra to her promotion. She has a working understanding of New Zealand’s trade dependence on China, and experience resolving potential conflict through her roles at the dairy giant.
    Newshub political editor Tova O’Brien asked her why she was deputy and not leader given she had more political experience.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-nicola-willis

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=moka;929866] A vocal group think that politicians should pander to business, and this promoted under the guise of having business experience.

I don't think like that, but if I have a choice between those that know how to turn $1000 into $1500, and a pack of nongs who only know how to turn $1000 into $500, then I know who to choose.
    Last edited by Getty; 04-12-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    A vocal group think that politicians should pander to business, and this promoted under the guise of having business experience.

I don't think like that, but if I have a choice between those that know how to turn $1000 into $1500, and a pack of nongs who only know how to turn $1000 into $500, then I know who to choose.
    NZ always tends to stagnate under National though. That's their long history back to even muldoon.