sharetrader
Page 1581 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 58110811481153115711577157815791580158115821583158415851591 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,810 of 16077
    Advanced Member

We expected much better from Luxon than that!
    Will need to polish up his debating skills.
    Adern made him look weak, unbelievably lost his question at one stage, left shuffling through his papers & apologising to the House.
    And stood up a couple of times to speak (out of turn) & had to sit straight back down again. Maybe some coaching from Chris Bishop or Simon Bridges needed.

He shouldn't underestimate Adern again, she is a superb debater, all over detail, quick on her feet, & like a good debater turned his questions against him.
    Still its early days.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...3P7YRQPRAD2Q4/

Yep. Watching right now and he is already clearly out of his depth. He does not seem to have sufficient experience or understanding of the debating process, which is probably understandable, but someone needs to give him a crash course quickly.

Jacinda is eating him alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    We expected much better from Luxon than that!
    Will need to polish up his debating skills.
    Adern made him look weak, unbelievably lost his question at one stage, left shuffling through his papers & apologising to the House.
    And stood up a couple of times to speak (out of turn) & had to sit straight back down again. Maybe some coaching from Chris Bishop or Simon Bridges needed.

He shouldn't underestimate Adern again, she is a superb debater, all over detail, quick on her feet, & like a good debater turned his questions against him.
    Still its early days.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...3P7YRQPRAD2Q4/

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yep. Watching right now and he is already clearly out of his depth. He does not seem to have sufficient experience or understanding of the debating process, which is probably understandable, but someone needs to give him a crash course quickly.

Looked like a human salt-lick

Watched Mistress of spin in action - all BS & no delivery.

Yawn.

We know you don't like her Balance, but Luxon was floundering. He will have to get his act together very quickly if he is to present any semblance of a credible alternative. His questions were all over the place. Felt like he randomly plucked many of them out of thin air. He also needs to learn debating etiquette. It sounded very unprofessional when he asked questions beginning with "Does she.....?" Jacinda addressed all her questions to the Speaker, which I assume is what Luxon should have done. I will give him the benefit of the doubt as obviously this is new territory for him, but if he doesn't shape up fairly smartly, he will lose credibility.

P.S what you insist on calling "spin" was actually her presenting facts, in response to questions presented. She answered his questions professionally and succinctly. He got what he asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Watched Mistress of spin in action - all BS & no delivery.

Yawn.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 07-12-2021 at 06:00 PM.

We know you don't like her Balance, but Luxon was floundering. He will have to get his act together very quickly if he is to present any semblance of a credible alternative. His questions were all over the place. Felt like he randomly plucked many of them out of thin air. He also needs to learn debating etiquette. It sounded very unprofessional when he asked questions beginning with "Does she.....?" Jacinda addressed all her questions to the Speaker, which I assume is what Luxon should have done. I will give him the benefit of the doubt as obviously this is new territory for him, but if he doesn't shape up fairly smartly, he will lose credibility.
    I saw right through her as a con-artist after her first 2 years, just as I saw right through the directors & managers of the finance companies during the 2000s before they all crashed.

Of course you did.

It would be really nice if you could actually respond to what has been posted, rather than just spiel forth yet another rant. The discussion here is currently about Luxon and his performance in his first House debate. Care to comment on that?

I saw right through her as a con-artist after her first 2 years, just as I saw right through the directors & managers of the finance companies during the 2000s before they all crashed.

Guru

Well, Luxon didn't see through her - he couldn't decide which inane question to ask her next.
    Again, Seymour was the most effective.
    We can only hope that Luxon sorts himself out.

I, too, saw through the finance companies and managed to stop a number of friends and family from losing their shirts.

Thanks CC! My favourite Shrek character, so I'm in fine company

(assuming of course, that was for me - perhaps try using "reply with quote" in future. It might be a bit tricky for you so if you have any trouble give me a shout and I'll walk you through it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    cc