sharetrader
Page 21 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast
    Legend

Interesting comment from a politics graduate in this article, the flight to OZ.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10805706

Yawn! I look forward to the continued and accelerating flight of the lower classes to Australia. Go the Mozzies.

Makes more space and cheaper assets to buy up in NZ and less lower class annoyances like rugby league, gangs, Maori child bashing etc.

And as Muldoon remarked, it raises the IQ of both countries.

And, oh yes, there's another benefit.

Continued flight of Labour voters to Oz will ensure NZ has a permanent Nat Party majority.

And as the migrants to Oz become richer they'll switch to voting Liberal/National over there.

Its a win/win situation - Go the flight!

Easy Belge, observe the departees as they line up in their jandals - nearly all working class people.

Think about it, continued flight of working class voters in recent years (incl under Helen Clark) and the Labour vote in NZ collapsed significantly in the last 2 elections.

For the first time the Chch party vote overall has gone blue, National, and I'm sure there are other areas in NZ which have done the same.

Even Dunedin is starting to come unstuck as a Labour stronghold.

And yet National won the last 2 elections and the Labour lost the last 2 elections and Christchurch and its easy to observe the emigrés in line at the airport....so I think its you Belge with the reality gap....

And you're wrong about the economics degree Belge, its actually a double degree in Economics with papers in micro, macro, econometrics, money and banking, NZ industry, labour economics - just a little bit better than McDunk. And a whole lot of subsidiary units in various subjects like maths and English, accounting subjects, and a qualification in French from the French Ministry of Education. Subject closed.

This is the worst aspect of Sharetrader - the drift into ad hominem arguments. I don't propose to enlighten you other than to say there were 4 different institutions involved in different places. Nor do I propose to tell you what my portfolio is and how many of each.
    This has nothing to do with the debate. I recall at least two posters were thrown off Sharetrader for that sort of thing, personal abuse and several warned.
    Shall we talk about the psychological problems you have Belge, which u divulged in one of the debates.....

Lets stick to the economic, social and political debates and keep out of each others personal lives and respect privacy.

I think most Sharetraders would agree that its a pretty good indication that Belge feels he is losing the argument when he makes a desperate jump into personal details of other Sharetraders and gives up firing any ammo on the issue in debate which was the polkitical effects of the drift across the Tasman :-)

So we are agreed that the drift across the Ditch favours National here and the Liberal/Coalition over there....

Great link. Now I can apply for that Yahoo CEO job.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Easy Belge, observe the departees as they line up in their jandals - nearly all working class people.

Think about it, continued flight of working class voters in recent years (incl under Helen Clark) and the Labour vote in NZ collapsed significantly in the last 2 elections.

For the first time the Chch party vote overall has gone blue, National, and I'm sure there are other areas in NZ which have done the same.

Even Dunedin is starting to come unstuck as a Labour stronghold.
    This is a silly comment MVT, I and all my university grad mates live here, that’s about 30 of us. Pretty much every Kiwi I have bumped into is either a uni grad or a skilled trade worker. I don’t think a single many of them are labour or left leaning voters. Surely the act of voting Labour or National is no reflection of educational qualities.
    However, if you’re right, NZ will be a rich raging success in no time at all. but i doubt it. My money is on it.

Its not a "silly" comment Pumice, I would accept an unproven assertion, certainly, although the NZ election results are telling.

Rather your reply is a "silly" reply.

Why?

Because if say 100,000 NZers have migrated to Australia in the last year or two and I assert that most of them voted Labour in no way do you disprove this by saying that you know a dozen of them and you don't think they voted Labour. If you are following that tack then you have to find another 49,000 and show that they didn't vote Labour or perhaps find a reliable opinion poll that says that. I don't know of any such poll.