sharetrader
Page 315 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2152653053113123133143153163173183193253654158151315 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    There are many cities like that - worldwide.
    In some cities, every call is a toll call.

Cuzziie
    yes, there are LOTS of married,mortgaged,high income, people who vote Labour, because social democrarcy resonates with their own personal values and outlook on life. There is much historically to thank Labour for
    .1 ; a national health service
    2. recognising China in 1972 and signing Fta in 2008
    3. ACC
    4 Kiwibank
    5 establishing a robust Superannuation scheme in 1974 which if not discontinued by Rob Muldoon would have been worth $240 billion today and paid all over 65s $1000 per week

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    In some cities, every call is a toll call.
    Not with a system like ours in NZ that has free calling within our cities(that is all cities but Auckland), not like others that pay per call regardless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Cuzziie
    yes, there are LOTS of married,mortgaged,high income, people who vote Labour, because social democrarcy resonates with their own personal values and outlook on life. There is much historically to thank Labour for
    .1 ; a national health service
    2. recognising China in 1972 and signing Fta in 2008
    3. ACC
    4 Kiwibank
    5 establishing a robust Superannuation scheme in 1974 which if not discontinued by Rob Muldoon would have been worth $240 billion today and paid all over 65s $1000 per week
    Wow that's five you have mentioned and the last two are a joke. Kiwibank is something I will never be part of and if you really think being told what to do with your money is some kind of praise for Labour, your far more to the left than I thought. Thank goodness Rob Muldoon got rid of it before Labour Govts. started gifting the poor with our money & writing it into legislation. $240 billion would of turned into a five billion dept by the time kiwi battlers were retiring. America can't afford to pay their baby boomers their retirement, the money's not there - been used to pay dept elsewhere.
    So I make that three things we could thank Labour for that you have pointed out, not very good is it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Gross generalization of a labour supporter there cuzzie. Plenty of good,decent,honest working men out there vote for Labour. And I think generally their policies they implemented over the years would have been considered centrist.

The problem is they have a strong extreme left component that they have to cater too. And they don't have a credible leader now...

I still see absolutely no point in changing from the current lot which are doing fine. Anything Labour has produced as evidence to the contrary has been politicing and really just chipping at the edges.

There you go EZ. A bit of balance
    Strong extreme left? No credible leader?
    We're only seeing what the press are prepared to show us at the moment.

The current lot are doing fine:
    No they are not, unless it's acceptable to have 5 years of big budget deficits, long after the GFC, when Labour gave them a huge head start by being conservative in the govt finances. How much quicker would our economy have responded if Labour were in charge over the period? National down about $1bill over expected tax receipts this year alone, how are they ever going to get back to a surplus of a few mill, when they have helped screw down so many businesses into reduced profit situations? They did this through their policy of letting the market lead the way. So businesses (on average) dropped staff, outworked overseas, sold out overseas, gave up on doing new devt here. Or simply folded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Happy to help you Westerly.

Labour = Nanny State & they are far to overprotective of the poor and it is the workers who pay for Labours policies. A man has far more pride in himself getting out there and providing for his family than the man who sits on his as* until the State pays him his beer & smoke money.

You probably still can't make the connection Westerly, but that's OK -there are plenty who do.
    [/FONT]
    Bit of a liberal Ayn Rand rant there Cuzzie. I have no interest in AK Council politics but fail to see why they should interfere with telephone charges. Talk to Telecom.
    As for being a Labour supporter don't jump to conclusions, I vote for who ever has the best policies. At the moment I am not very impressed with either main party. Never for Act though.
    However when someone starts ranting on about the unemployed getting off their backsides and spending their money on beer and smokes I wonder about the business man dodging tax, the insider buying selling shares, the old boy network, the well off recreational drug user and so on who never get a mention. But I don't believe all men are born equal.

Westerly

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Wow that's five you have mentioned and the last two are a joke. Kiwibank is something I will never be part of and if you really think being told what to do with your money is some kind of praise for Labour, your far more to the left than I thought. Thank goodness Rob Muldoon got rid of it before Labour Govts. started gifting the poor with our money & writing it into legislation. $240 billion would of turned into a five billion dept by the time kiwi battlers were retiring. America can't afford to pay their baby boomers their retirement, the money's not there - been used to pay dept elsewhere.
    So I make that three things we could thank Labour for that you have pointed out, not very good is it.
    Cuzzie
    my list was a mere apetiser, a starter if you like. I look forward to your list of nationals achievements with great interest, go on give me ten significant milestones that national has achieved which have left an enduring legacy over the last, say 30 years

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Cuzzie
    my list was a mere apetiser, a starter if you like. I look forward to your list of nationals achievements with great interest, go on give me ten significant milestones that national has achieved which have left an enduring legacy over the last, say 30 years
    Sgt Pepper, that was a bit mean. Cuzzie (or anyone else) won't be able to find that many from National's policies. Maybe it takes a bit of research and thinking about outcomes, to become a bit more informed about what is (usually) best for all of NZ.

National is running the line in this election year, that Labour overspent and put us in the terrible mess that National has had to dig us out of, and haven't they done well. That this line is working - and is repeated by all sorts of people - doesn't say much about the investigation work those voters have done at this stage. So I hope Labour will bring out the actual figures and stats later on, and that voters will take them on board.

As Labour's promises continue to grow the simple but devastating line "Show us the money!" is all that is needed to fatally prick their balloon.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    As Labour's promises continue to grow the simple but devastating line "Show us the money!" is all that is needed to fatally prick their balloon.
    MVT, it was a devastating line, but only because it cannot be answered quickly in the house, it's more complex than that, and because a gullible public lapped it up. Labour always had the money in their last terms. They had so much of it, that like any sharp business or private person, they paid off old debt first. National were the ones crying in opposition for that spare cash to be paid out, mostly to the higher tax-rate people. Well, they got their chance when voted in from 2008, the tax base was clobbered, and then they blamed Labour for it.