sharetrader
Page 349 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2492993393453463473483493503513523533593994498491349 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 16077

So the whole Oravida saga was a good outcome for NZ because we did business in China the Chinesse way? I worked in Macau for a year and if you want something to actually happen, you do it that way.

I'm sick of political parties shooting NZ in the foot for political gain.

Bet that makes for a mighty fine cup of tea Craic.

Banned

Default National remains strong in latest poll

The attacks National has faced over its links with Chinese business people has had little impact in the latest political poll. Labour is down 2.3 percentage points to 29.5 per cent. To read the link click here: National on 47.6 per cent support, enough to govern alone.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    The attacks National has faced over its links with Chinese business people has had little impact in the latest political poll. Labour is down 2.3 percentage points to 29.5 per cent. To read the link click here: National on 47.6 per cent support, enough to govern alone.

The interesting part of it all is Winston First, for if he doesn't make it past 5% then National would govern alone on around 47%. Far from the knockout punch promised by Winston, he shot himself in the foot with his slurring incoherent nonsense yesterday. Something in the water he had with his lunch perhaps. Even his most faithful supporters must be starting to question his silly threats and bluster by now.

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    So the whole Oravida saga was a good outcome for NZ because we did business in China the Chinesse way? I worked in Macau for a year and if you want something to actually happen, you do it that way.

I'm sick of political parties shooting NZ in the foot for political gain.

Bet that makes for a mighty fine cup of tea Craic.
    I guess this is one way to look at it. Just funny that Judith didn't come up with a long list of other hard working Kiwi companies she helped the same way. Maybe there are no others?

See - the scandal is not that Judith gave Oravida a push into the arm ... good on her for using taxpayer resources to support a Kiwi company. Just funny that the only company we know of Judith supporting that way is a company her husband has a significant interest in. Wouldn't it had made more sense for the Kiwi taxpayer if she would have supported all Kiwi milk suppliers into the Chinese market? Do the others pay no tax? Why don't they deserve the same attention and support of the minister?

But hey - they didn't offer her husband a place on the trough (board) - so sure, she knew where her loyalty is.

I prefer to have a minister working hard for all New Zealanders, not just for the organisations her family has an interest in, but that's just my view. Maybe you see that differently - or do you have an interest in Oravida as well?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 14-05-2014 at 11:59 AM.

this article sums the problem nicely up ... good Kiwi product destroyed in China (same product, same supply, same factory as Oravida's milk powder). Just unfortunate that the minister didn't bother to speak for them as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11250487

Why didn't you help the others, Judith?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    this article sums the problem nicely up ... good Kiwi product destroyed in China (same product, same supply, same factory as Oravida's milk powder). Just unfortunate that the minister didn't bother to speak for them as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11250487

Why didn't you help the others, Judith?
    That allegation has already been proven to be BS and the article should have a link at the top to the correction.

But I do agree that it would have been helpful if she could show the other NZ businesses that she supported while there (I assume there weren't any?). Or maybe her Husband was the only person/company that knew she was going? She is minister for Justice so isn't who you would normally sent invites to in relation to international/Chinese trade.

Advanced Member

Had a holiday in Penang last year and it was interesting to do business with the some of the many Chinese businessmen who operate there. If you are a customer there is no closing time. "Gifts" are all part of the game and you must appreciate their efforts. Thank you had a very strong meaning, and is far above the gesture that it is here.

I agree with your sentiments BP. But it's just not like that. She helped the one she could no matter how unwise that was politically. Her husband was already on the board so I presume they personally got nothing out of it.

And if you think thats a tough way to do business,I worked all over Africa too. You really must pay all dues there.

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    I agree with your sentiments BP. But it's just not like that. She helped the one she could no matter how unwise that was politically. Her husband was already on the board so I presume they personally got nothing out of it.

And if you think thats a tough way to do business,I worked all over Africa too. You really must pay all dues there.
    actually - what do you mean with "her husband was already on the board"? Oravida itself isn't that long around and has (according to the following link: https://fmacskasy.wordpress.com/tag/oravida-nz-limited/) a juicy history with the National Party. I couldn't find the date when David Wong Tung came on the Oravida board, but given that Oravida only emerged as winner from the Crafar farm saga - at that stage (2009) was Judith Collins already minister in cabinet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    actually - what do you mean with "her husband was already on the board"? Oravida itself isn't that long around and has (according to the following link: https://fmacskasy.wordpress.com/tag/oravida-nz-limited/) a juicy history with the National Party. I couldn't find the date when David Wong Tung came on the Oravida board, but given that Oravida only emerged as winner from the Crafar farm saga - at that stage (2009) was Judith Collins already minister in cabinet.
    Didn't look to hard did you:
    http://www.coys.co.nz/company/?no=34...RAVIDA+LIMITED

Company incorporated July 11 and he was appointed October 2012.

My understanding is her trip was late 2013?