sharetrader
Page 374 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2743243643703713723733743753763773783844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 16077
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Patrick Moore seems to have been fairly controversial since he left Greenpeace.

westerly
    Controversy, is telling porkies about the Global Climate Non-crisis. Moore is on the ball 100%, make no bones about it.

westerly, maybe you can give us your thoughts on John Minto. Bob Jones wrote a few thoughts about him in the Herald today. I had no idea Bob thought so highly of him. He really needs to harden up a bit and not be so nice about Minto. Maybe Bob is getting soft in his old age. If it was me writting a story about Minto I would not be so kind. Here's B.Js commentary on the idiot. John Minto: Shut up!!!
    Last edited by Cuzzie; 03-06-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Legend

Here's a bit about the terms of trade turning back from a post 1973 high. The extent won't show up until after the election date. It's not desperate, but worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...terms-of-trade

Advanced Member

So Labour promise to remove "coat tailing" in elections from the law and reduce the minimum percentage to 4%. Probably the most predictable change since someone discovered that night follows day. I doubt that John Key will do any more then smile and say that they intended to make the change after the election anyway. Not much chance of MMP being scrapped but it will certainly be revised in the near future. Look at the mess. The country potentially led by Kim Dotcom, Laila Harre, John Tamihere. Winston Peters and the like. I predict a rise in Doomsday Preppers befor long.

What's the bet that if they did get rid of coat tailing we would STILL have an ACT MP elected in Epsom. Elected with 65% of the electorate vote and 0% of the nationwide party vote. And still a rort.

They also need a provision that in order to take up your seat for winning an electorate you MUST win the proportionate share of the party vote nationwide as well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    What's the bet that if they did get rid of coat tailing we would STILL have an ACT MP elected in Epsom. Elected with 65% of the electorate vote and 0% of the nationwide party vote. And still a rort.

They also need a provision that in order to take up your seat for winning an electorate you MUST win the proportionate share of the party vote nationwide as well.
    That flies in the face of any democratic system by disallowing an individual to stand as an independent.

Playing devils advocate, your provision would not be democratic JR would it??
    If a MP is voted in via the electorate then why should he/she not be a MP regardless of what votes the party got overall

At present Epsom would either be a ACT seat or National seat, don't think it would be anything else
    Disc: Not in the Epsom electorate!

Got in first Mr/Mrs/Miss Pudding
    Last edited by Jay; 04-06-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Controversy, is telling porkies about the Global Climate Non-crisis. Moore is on the ball 100%, make no bones about it.

westerly, maybe you can give us your thoughts on John Minto. Bob Jones wrote a few thoughts about him in the Herald today. I had no idea Bob thought so highly of him. He really needs to harden up a bit and not be so nice about Minto. Maybe Bob is getting soft in his old age. If it was me writting a story about Minto I would not be so kind. Here's B.Js commentary on the idiot. John Minto: Shut up!!!
    Cuzzie, There are too many people whose main objective in life appears to be telling others what to do. Bob Jones was a very good in his field of property, and appears to know something about boxing. Over the years he became someone the media turn to when they want a quote or story to raise the odd eyebrow. Outside of his field of expertise he should have ( along with most columnists been put out to pasture after half a dozen columns) Plenty of opportunity to bore us with his views.
    I read the Press and just about all their writers along with most of the reporters have long past their use by date. The reporters are experts at turning private tragedies into public entertainment.
    As for Minto, Jones probably had a point, he should take up bowls or something but would probably want to change the rules. I would ask Banks, Hide, Roger Douglas, and all the others who have had countless opportunity to inflict their views on a weary public to do the same.
    As for global warming, one day it will either be real, or not, and that is when mankind will know who is correct. Then another crisis will be be dreamed up and arguments will carry on. In my simple minded view the world has only one major problem – too many people and apart from China no one is doing anything about it. And send Dotcom to the US - that covers everything.
    westerly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Cuzzie, There are too many people whose main objective in life appears to be telling others what to do. Bob Jones was a very good in his field of property, and appears to know something about boxing. Over the years he became someone the media turn to when they want a quote or story to raise the odd eyebrow. Outside of his field of expertise he should have ( along with most columnists been put out to pasture after half a dozen columns) Plenty of opportunity to bore us with his views.
    I read the Press and just about all their writers along with most of the reporters have long past their use by date. The reporters are experts at turning private tragedies into public entertainment.
    As for Minto, Jones probably had a point, he should take up bowls or something but would probably want to change the rules. I would ask Banks, Hide, Roger Douglas, and all the others who have had countless opportunity to inflict their views on a weary public to do the same.
    As for global warming, one day it will either be real, or not, and that is when mankind will know who is correct. Then another crisis will be be dreamed up and arguments will carry on. In my simple minded view the world has only one major problem – too many people and apart from China no one is doing anything about it. And send Dotcom to the US - that covers everything.
    westerly
    This is my favorite westerly post so far. Lots of sensible things said by him. I have opposite views on a couple of points but for the sake of ruining most things said well, I'll leave that and congratulate you westerly on a great post.

Dilettante

A blog post worth reading with an interesting take on the hopeless situation Cunliffe finds himself in. He's got fights raging all around him on the left, before he even glances towards National. To win this election, National just have to stay head down and make no mistakes. The Left's infighting will take care of the rest

http://dimpost.wordpress.com/2014/06...trategic-loss/
    Last edited by iceman; 05-06-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Interestinmg blog there iceman

Will Hone win Te Tai Tokerau. Not a forgone conclusion, will some of his support dessert him due to the tie up with the Internet party??