sharetrader
Page 401 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3013513913973983994004014024034044054114515019011401 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 16077
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Here's your chance, National Party voters, to bask in the glory of your leader, by purchasing his new biography. Carefully timed to affect the election, but as this Trademe listing shows, not all of us believe everything we read about the National Party and its MPs. Great questions on this listing.
    I think I'll wait for D.C's real life soap opera biography to come out - that will be more juicy and entertaining. John Key's biography will just be to boring because of the lack of drama. Colourful characters with long noses make for better reading don't you think EZ .... belg? Helens books sold well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Their total tax is still very low. If you consider that they receive more 'tax credits' than they pay in tax, GST is therefore the only major tax they pay (I wont count vice taxes like alcohol and tabacco, though you could argue fuel tax should be included too). So even if they spend their entire income, their 'tax rate is still only a max of 15%, less the tax credits they get on their income. .

Very few will pay 15% on the total, as most will pay a reasonable amount in mortgage interest or rent, both exempt.
    So if they pay 50% in interest and spend the rest it totals only 7.5%.

Advanced Member

Sorry but the next big drama will be the efforts of the left to try and convince the public that they can manufacture a government out of their own entrails, Dotcom, Hone, the greens etc and any other fellow-travellers and sell this to the public as the social miracle that will cure all ills. Bit like feeding babies to the crocodiles as a means of population control.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Very few will pay 15% on the total, as most will pay a reasonable amount in mortgage interest or rent, both exempt.
    So if they pay 50% in interest and spend the rest it totals only 7.5%.
    FP
    You may be somewhat surprised by my next comments, as you have no doubt guessed I am a social democrat. HOWEVER I don't believe it is fair or wise that with WFF great swathes of the population pay no nett income tax at all. Now before I could be accused of being an old grump I know well the financial challenges of a young family. When our three children were small( all adults now) there was no WFF, no free 20hours childcare etc etc, and it was at times difficult, but we paid our share of income tax. After doing the hard yards back then I must admit when I look at our total tax per annum, I do get a bit.. grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Think of how your kid's will benefit when they have kids.

I'd call it progress, e.g. no point in getting grumpy about their being no internet when I was kid.
    Belg, good point, I am less grumpy already

Legend

Think of how your kid's will benefit when they have kids.

I'd call it progress, e.g. no point in getting grumpy about their being no internet when I was kid.
    Progress would be learning the meaning and use of e.g. and the difference between their and there.

Guru

Someone was so confident on National winning the election they took my 1.10 offer on Betfair that National would win. So they paid $100 to win $10 if National wins. I on the other hand now lose $10 if National win but I win $100 if Labour win. Don't know who I hope wins the election now (tongue firmly in cheek)

Legend

Yeah. I've been trying to teach the autocorrect how to get it write but it keeps getting it wrong. I have now given up.
    Oh dear. That's worse.

"Heads will need to role too. You read it here first ."sic.

Belge, today in the post above.
    He's not getting any better...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    "Heads will need to role too. You read it here first ."sic.

Belge, today in the post above.
    He's not getting any better...

Your dead write their.