sharetrader
Page 403 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3033533933994004014024034044054064074134535039031403 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post

I just can't imagine how the wee one survived.
    Thanks for giving me my morning laugh
    Last edited by blackcap; 29-06-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Advanced Member

No I'm saying that the Labour carnage and the desperate spin that results from it is ignored by the majority of voters. Trying to suggest that Labour will save the world is, was, and always will be rubbish. The political cannabalism within, the lack of effective leadership, and the incredible lengths that they are prepared to go to - everything from retired communists and obese capatalist millionaires and the odd indescribable - will see them in the wilderness for a year or two and it might be argued that an effective Labour leader is probably still in primary school, if he/she has been born yet.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    No I'm saying that the Labour carnage and the desperate spin that results from it is ignored by the majority of voters. Trying to suggest that Labour will save the world is, was, and always will be rubbish. The political cannabalism within, the lack of effective leadership, and the incredible lengths that they are prepared to go to - everything from retired communists and obese capatalist millionaires and the odd indescribable - will see them in the wilderness for a year or two and it might be argued that an effective Labour leader is probably still in primary school, if he/she has been born yet.
    Will no-one save us from more globalisation activities for another three years? One face of this, a growing dairying industry, without major environmental shackles, was in the spotlight over the weekend.
    http://tvnz.co.nz/q-and-a-news/impac...-video-6014577

MPI are not doing what they should be doing in setting up suitable rules and enforcing them. When SAFE filmed a terrible pig farm, they recently refused to take the video they were offered. Why? because if they admitted it was real, they'd have to do something about it. I've seen rats running around in pig pens, that happens because they are fed meal and grain. I've never seen grown pigs dying, or subjected to those tight miserable conditions.

So here we have two big situations where the government agencies should step up. If they don't, the government is saying there is just one valid business motive, and that is profit.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    So you're saying Key's statement that they are "right of centre" is wrong then?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yes.
    I was intrigued and somewhat surprised at John Keys candid response to questions on income tax reform on Q&A. Surprised in so far his response that the corporate tax rate must be about right as they are not " hammering" the government about it and the general response that tax cuts are "enormously expensive". So for those on higher salaries and business owners/corporates is this as good as it is going to get? The subtext: "there is no way I am going to reverse any large expensive government programmes that will compromise the governments popularity." Sound to me like
    MULDOON!!
    I have posted before that in my observation Phil O,Reilly the CEO Of Business NZ, seems far too close to the government and very reluctant to criticise it. John Keys response that corporate tax is about right because they are not being "hammered" about it reinforces this perception. There is a blistering criticism of John Key on the True Blue( right wing website )which traverses his alleged economic transgressions
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 30-06-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Advanced Member

MPI are not doing what they should be doing in setting up suitable rules and enforcing them. When SAFE filmed a terrible pig farm, they recently refused to take the video they were offered. Why? because if they admitted it was real, they'd have to do something about it. I've seen rats running around in pig pens, that happens because they are fed meal and grain. I've never seen grown pigs dying, or subjected to those tight miserable conditions.

Having spent a small fortune on rat baits over the past few years I have a great deal of respect for this creature and a lot of sympathy for those who have to deal with them. I have about five bait stations and about a dozen bait blocks nailed to the walls, inaccessible to pets and livestock so I put out thirty or so bait blocks at a time. One of the problems for pig farmers is that pigs will sometimes eat dead rats. My problem is that rats are attracted to my distillery. While everything edible can be stored in steel drums they have chewed the plastic tops off flavour bottles and anything else there. I didn't watch the programme but I did see an "escape to the Country" programme last week that featured an English pig farmer with a free range farm where he produces 1,000 piglets every week on open sandy ground with shelters all over the place. That would be a good standard to aim for. Imagine how the whole political/farming scene here would change if only we could convince the arabs and jews to eat pork.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I was intrigued and somewhat surprised at John Keys candid response to questions on income tax reform on Q&A. Surprised in so far his response that the corporate tax rate must be about right as they are not " hammering" the government about it and the general response that tax cuts are "enormously expensive". So for those on higher salaries and business owners/corporates is this as good as it is going to get? The subtext: "there is no way I am going to reverse any large expensive government programmes that will compromise the governments popularity." Sound to me like
    MULDOON!!
    You obviously weren't around in Muldoon's time.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You obviously weren't around in Muldoon's time.

Yes I sure was

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Yes I sure was
    Obviously still in nappies then, if you really think there is any similarity between National's policies of today, and those of Muldoon's time.

Not in nappies FP. Ok how can I prove it. For one I attended his election meeting in October 1975 at the Dunedin Town Hall, Richard Walls won Dunedin North for National, the National candidate for St Kilda electorate ( as it was called then) was Stewart Clark . Bill Fraser won for Labour. National had its offices in the Harvest Court Mall.
    Now do you believe me