sharetrader
Page 405 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3053553954014024034044054064074084094154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    I can't imagine how this sort of thing occurs in NZ ... Sure, there are the odd situations where contributing factors; such as mental illness; are root causes but every report I read seems to suggest its common. And people at the city mission say its very bad and has been getting worse ........ .

Anecdata. It means very little, especially during an election campaign.

My take on this case is that there is a lot of help available but it cannot be given if people don't ask for it. Once it was known that help was needed, it was right there,

Banned

So it's John Key? Not the National Party then? Are you another victim of the personality cult?
    Lets turn that around, you always go on about John Key, so in your mind is it him that you are targeting and not the whole National Party. What does that make you guilty of. Silly really belg.

Its not "the other factor" as you suggest. It is the major factor. Are you going to claim (AGAIN!) that trade with China - pushed hard and developed by the Labour Party under Auntie Helen - is the result of the Key govt? Please don't. Its a ridiculous argument to suggest that National has any influence the mega economy that is China's.
    If that is the case where is the results Auntie Helen can claim? I go by results and results only. That's sort of saying a Fords Perfect is a better car than a 2014 Toyota. Or a Caveman thought of going to the moon first. Results belg - results and that is something the Caveman, plus Clark and Co failed to do. National has results as per the quote I gave you, is not that great for NZ?

Is NZ really doing great Cuzzie? Such statements remind me of the old joke:
    No belg the joke is on you, take off those rose tinted glasses and you might see. NZ is going great guns now, but not under Labour and the massive debt they left National.

Quite frankly, National supporters seem to be a pretty selfish bunch.
    Now see this is exactly where Labour get it wrong. What happens when you feed the ducks all the time? They don't go and find their own food, some idiot is going to turn up and give it to them. That becomes the ducks rights and demands free food for life. belg wants to carry on feeding the ducks, but I say let ducks be ducks, quack their rights & let them work for their meal. Labour is being selfish from handbraking their opportunities. I find that cruel ,barbaric and repulsive. Every New Zealander has equal rights to go as far as they like. A good example is John Key from his humble beginnings and NZ's wealthiest man Graeme Hart who was a panel beater & tow truck driver
    . Funny how we just hear from the rich Labour fanboys on this site and not the poor ones that are really suffering. How so they speak for them and what is the real reason they support Labour? belg, EZ, SP anyone?

Legend

Using one opinion does not contradict the majority. And did you read the link? Mr Turner is not against a CGT at all. He is saying that it needs to be carefully designed. And that it is simple and broad based. And, as you and I have agreed in the past, the family home should NOT be exempt.

Nobody is saying that a CGT will lower house prices. What it will do is reduce demand as those with spare capital consider and buy assets of other classes.
    The only exempt asset will be the primary residence, and yes - more money will go into top end housing.

Legend

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave. #teamkey
    This bloke didn't listen.

http://iforce.co.nz/i/4u3gvzqq.155.jpg

Advanced Member

Is this Anecdata too? But, Yes. I checked up. The immediate help was given but it didn't come from government. They have no money and the "system" requires a huge amount of paperwork. It came from "charity". Not surprisingly, the charities are supported by the wealthy from the left and the right who clearly think that "nice Mr Key" just isn't doing a good job at all. The current, very mediocre National government, isn't well loved by real Kiwis. No matter ... Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave. #teamkey
    Not everything needs to be directly government funded, ie by a government department. Many service providers, including charities, receive a lot of government funding in one way or another.

You may be right about 'real Kiwis', whoever they may be. Hopefully they exercise their democratic right and turn out on September 20th.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The only exempt asset will be the primary residence, and yes - more money will go into top end housing.
    Labour's policy includes a lot of exempt assets.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Labour's policy includes a lot of exempt assets.
    Only a handful, such as long held small businesses and a few bits and pieces; but the claim CGT will force investors to look at alternatives to housing doesn't make sense. All other income producing assets will be subject to the tax Labour proposes.

Legend

Please explain your rationale. References required!

All income producing investments which are likely to change in value will be treated like rental property. So property will have no comparative disadvantage compared with other investments.

Banned

Cussie, Most of your post we've been over before and you've had no factual response ... Just more b.s. Consequently I won't waste my time.

However ...

So you're saying that NZ should just rip away all welfare? Sink or Swim? Is that it?

Okay! A grand idea.

Um ... But where would that nice Mr Key and Paula Bennet be then?

Cuzzie. If we do not look after EVERYONE in New Zealand then, rest assured, people with honour and a sense of justice will feel completely vindicated in using whatever means, and I mean whatever means, to ensure everyone is looked after.

But - the real issue for those in poverty is JOBS.

I find it sad that every National Party supporter on this site starts abusing those in poverty with opening line that they are don't have JOBS because they are lazy. Actually they usually imply that they are "lazy scum".

Um. Have any of these selfish National bigots actually ever attempted to understand poverty? Clearly not.

Mostly, its about jobs.

Has National made getting people into work a priority? No, they have not.

What policies do they have in place to get more people into job? None. Well, perhaps not true. They want to slash the people in poverty's benefits until they are forced to work and buggr the consequences on their children.

If, cuzzie, NZ is doing so spectacturaly well ... as you continuously claim ... why isn't the unemployment rate down to 3-4% which is about where most economists agree is about optimum?

Simple. The National Party, supported by selfish pricks, just don't care. After all, those in poverty are just lazy scum. And, of course, or at least according to the National party supporters, even if jobs were available they wouldn't work. Isn't that right Cuzzie?

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave. #teamkey
    My dad was raised in a cow shed on a dirt floor after my Granddad died during WW2 and they got kick out of their house because the mortgage could not be paid any more. He took all opportunities that came his way, all legal BTW and has always voted National. So yeah, most of those who have not worked in many years are there because of their mindset and people like you who feed the ducks. Do-gooders or a Bleeding Heart Liberals like you that do no good except stuff up the economy and tax the workers more to feed the ducks.

Definition of a Do-gooder: Someone who thinks they are helping society by championing oppressed minority groups, when in fact they are ruining society and crippling free speech.

Definition of a Bleeding Heart Liberal: A lefty who is considered excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be underprivileged or exploited."

You are both belg, [modified by STMOD] that champions the oppressed and stuffing them up for good by moving opportunities further away from them. This part way explains why National it Positive and Labour is negatively geared.
    Last edited by STMOD; 01-07-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: language

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    but the claim CGT will force investors to look at alternatives to housing doesn't make sense. All other income producing assets will be subject to the tax Labour proposes.
    Agree. you are more likely to hold a rental property for a longer time than a NZ share investment.