sharetrader
Page 406 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3063563964024034044054064074084094104164565069061406 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Only a handful, such as long held small businesses and a few bits and pieces; but the claim CGT will force investors to look at alternatives to housing doesn't make sense. All other income producing assets will be subject to the tax Labour proposes.
    Not just income producing assets. Growth shares which don't pay a div, XRO for example. Some of us hold growth shares rather than income producing shares, for preference. Tax considerations may be a factor in that.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

We can be pretty confident that we know what will happen should National win.

But are we so sure about what will happen should Labour lose.

Historically, Labour has been the political wing of the union movement. As time has passed, it has become a convenient coalition for a number of distinct interest groups. Without the prospect of electoral success, how long will it be before this coalition starts to fragment into a series of single-issue parties?

What are the political implications for New Zealand of a single "major" party (National) and a constellation of smallish interest-group-based parties ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post

What are the political implications for New Zealand of a single "major" party (National) and a constellation of smallish interest-group-based parties ?
    That's very likely over the next decade or so. Parties in opposition to National will need to form a semi-permanent coalition, sort of like the Alliance, and probably led by the Greens. That'll be fun!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STMOD View Post
    People: Try and be reasonably civil in your debate here and avoid descending into name calling please.

STMOD
    Sorry about that STMOD and fair enough too. I was just following belgarion's lead from earlier on today where he used the offending word first. I wrongly presumed that such language was acceptable on Sharetrader as it was used by a member of this site since 2002 and has posted over 4500 times. You may want to remove that word from his post too. I have quoting him using that word to help you doing your edit from his post which was # 4406 Thanks for that, cuzzie.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post

Simple. The National Party, supported by selfish pricks, just don't care. After all, those in poverty are just lazy scum. And, of course, or at least according to the National party supporters, even if jobs were available they wouldn't work. Isn't that right Cuzzie?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    [FONT=arial]
    Definition of a Do-gooder: Someone who thinks they are helping society by championing oppressed minority groups, when in fact they are ruining society and crippling free speech.

Definition of a Bleeding Heart Liberal: A lefty who is considered excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be underprivileged or exploited."

You are both belg, [modified by STMOD] that champions the oppressed and stuffing them up for good by moving opportunities further away from them. This part way explains why National it Positive and Labour is negatively geared.
    Definition of a liberterian somewhere right of Ghengis Khan -- Cussie

westerly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Definition of a liberterian somewhere right of Ghengis Khan -- Cussie

westerly
    May I remind you what was said above!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by STMOD View Post
    People: Try and be reasonably civil in your debate here and avoid descending into name calling please.

STMOD
    I think you will find my name is Cuzzie, but you carry on trying to be funny, because I'm having a good old laugh at you westerly.

Well it looks like the Labour fanboys can now see the writing on the wall. Not only on the polls but right here on Share Trader and what do they do when their ship starts to sink? westerly resorts to name calling and belg complains about a word being used he uses constantly. At least three of us knows you are a hypocrite belg, you, me and STMOD - that's enough for me.

Anybody want to talk about how well National are going to do at the next election? EZ has gone quite, maybe he is working an extra job to pay craic the money he will owe him shortly.

It is fair to say that I'm a very happy camper right now and feel comfortable about NZ's future for at least the next three and a bit years - Thank God for National.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    May I remind you what was said above!!!
    I think you will find my name is Cuzzie, but you carry on trying to be funny, because I'm having a good old laugh at you westerly.

Well it looks like the Labour fanboys can now see the writing on the wall. Not only on the polls but right here on Share Trader and what do they do when their ship starts to sink? westerly resorts to name calling and belg complains about a word being used he uses constantly. At least three of us knows you are a hypocrite belg, you, me and STMOD - that's enough for me.

Anybody want to talk about how well National are going to do at the next election? EZ has gone quite, maybe he is working an extra job to pay craic the money he will owe him shortly.

It is fair to say that I'm a very happy camper right now and feel comfortable about NZ's future for at least the next three and a bit years - Thank God for National.
    Cuzzie

What do you think of John Keys responses to questions regarding income tax reductions. He was very non committal at best, indicating that the business tax rate was " about right" and that tax reductions were "enormously expensive". Do you think that will be very disappointing to many National supporters and will they become attracted to ACT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Cuzzie

What do you think of John Keys responses to questions regarding income tax reductions. He was very non committal at best, indicating that the business tax rate was " about right" and that tax reductions were "enormously expensive". Do you think that will be very disappointing to many National supporters and will they become attracted to ACT
    J.K told 600 delegates to a party's conference in Wellington, "The National Party respected New Zealanders and their hard-earned incomes".

Then added "If we can't use that money as well as you can, then it's simple - you should keep it." I like that, you S.P?

I LIKE THIS EVEN BETTER - Steven Joyce said, "If Laila Harre, Hone Harawira, Pam Corkery, Kim Dotcom, Russel Norman, Metiria Turei, David Cunliffe, Matt McCarten, and John Minto are the answer, can we please have another look at the question?" In fact I love that and will re-post it again for sure.

This is getting boring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    This is getting boring.
    And that would be a by-product of National humming along nicely. You want non-boring talk about Labour & Co and their latest foolish, outrageous and amusing behaviour. I'm not into Soaps, but I hear Labour & Co have better ratings than Shortland St these days.