sharetrader
Page 426 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3263764164224234244254264274284294304364765269261426 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 16077
    Advanced Member

I only back winners so I don't have to worry on this score, All my bets are covered. Last Saturday I more than doubled my money at the TAB so this Saturday I will be playing with my winnings. I had sort of decide that I would spend my fortune on wine, women and song rather than waste it but my wife says that the women are out and I can't sing to save my life so gambling and wine are in. This afternoon I put a wash through the still and came away with about six litres of ethanol @ 40% ABV. I am a bit of a numbers freak so I tend to back the top jockey based on his percentage of winners and placings, not on how much he won in stakes. I also have a favourite little Hong Kong jockey who is a very good and honest rider and she has made me quite a few bob.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I only back winners so I don't have to worry on this score, All my bets are covered. Last Saturday I more than doubled my money at the TAB so this Saturday I will be playing with my winnings. I had sort of decide that I would spend my fortune on wine, women and song rather than waste it but my wife says that the women are out and I can't sing to save my life so gambling and wine are in. This afternoon I put a wash through the still and came away with about six litres of ethanol @ 40% ABV. I am a bit of a numbers freak so I tend to back the top jockey based on his percentage of winners and placings, not on how much he won in stakes. I also have a favourite little Hong Kong jockey who is a very good and honest rider and she has made me quite a few bob.
    I was going to write a betting program once, I figured you could run old races through it until it came out above break-even. Trouble was I never learned how to program! Like I say, just keep some cash spare Craic, you never know with Labour. A lot of people on the ground.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Back to the personal abuse,eh! Belg. Don't you ever learn?
    craic, the personal abuse is a compliment to me and the more I get the more I love. Typical troll tactic is, if you can't win the debate try your best to belittle your opponent. I love them going down to that level. They only know abuse when that is the only thing left. The fact that belg tells EZ not to engage with me anymore, means - "we(belg & EZ) will never pull the wool over his eyes & when we try he exposes us every time". They would be very right - I'm loving it. Funny how they say my math is wrong but don't say where. At least EZ has now admitted he was lying before when he said, Labour left no debt when now he has admitted twice that they did - Ten Billion dollars worth of debt. Funny also how he tries to pass that onto the Bolger Govt. Do I really have to dig into the Lange Govt. affairs? Nope, that would just turn into ... and so on & on. Do you like tennis? Sadly he misses the point that Helen Clark left a $10,000,000,000 ($10 Billion) debt for National to sort out and that's what this Government needs to work with plus three elections worth of bribes from Helen Clark including their ongoing costs. What the Loonie left need to own up to their mistakes, but will never rise to such heights.

EZ, when you spoke to David Cunliffe last night, you didn't ask him if he paid his bill for the new kitchen in time did you? Even if you did, would you really expect a straight answer? Nope. Which is the reason you are - same Elk!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Cripes, I hope you have deep pockets Craic!
    Watch it craic, he is phishing you to see if Labour can tax you at their planned higher rate to feed the lazy.

Does it ever occur to Belge (and EZ) that NZ has very recently been put on positive creditwatch http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11290392 by Fitch and an important part of their review is this debt talked about by Belge....

Any attempt to raise this issue by Cunliffe and he will be shot down in flames.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Does it ever occur to Belge (and EZ) that NZ has very recently been put on positive creditwatch http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11290392 by Fitch and an important part of their review is this debt talked about by Belge....

Any attempt to raise this issue by Cunliffe and he will be shot down in flames.
    Labour is trying to run a clean election. But MVT, even from your pro-National position, wasn't the text in that article worrying?

Fitch said vulnerabilities remained, primarily related to net external debt and a dependence on strong commodity prices.
    "New Zealand remains heavily exposed to developments elsewhere, notably in China and Australia," Fitch said.
    Fitch notes the government is projecting its first fiscal surplus since 2008 in the 2014/15 budget.
    "The fiscal consolidation drive continues to be strong and Fitch believes it is supported across the political spectrum," Fitch said.
    "The authorities have a credible plan to lift the fiscal surplus in the years ahead and reduce net core Crown public debt to 20 percent of GDP by FY20."
    FY20? When is that? A long time into the future. Or is the real message "We're happy with the 35% of GDP figure thanks"

So we've moved to AA(positive) on their scale. They have two more positions above that, AA+ and AAA.

But what's this I see from 2011, back three years?

http://www.interest.co.nz/news/55716...oreign-debt-an

In 2011 we were already on the higher step AA+. Maybe that was something to do with Labour's great record.
    So we must have been on AA(stable) recently.

I think it's really commendable that under National's stewardship, we've been able to claw back to AA (positive) rating (but still below where we were under Labour). That's not too bad for National.
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    craic, the personal abuse is a compliment to me and the more I get the more I love. Typical troll tactic is, if you can't win the debate try your best to belittle your opponent. I love them going down to that level. They only know abuse when that is the only thing left. The fact that belg tells EZ not to engage with me anymore, means - "we(belg & EZ) will never pull the wool over his eyes & when we try he exposes us every time". They would be very right - I'm loving it. Funny how they say my math is wrong but don't say where. At least EZ has now admitted he was lying before when he said, Labour left no debt when now he has admitted twice that they did - Ten Billion dollars worth of debt. Funny also how he tries to pass that onto the Bolger Govt. Do I really have to dig into the Lange Govt. affairs? Nope, that would just turn into ... and so on & on. Do you like tennis? Sadly he misses the point that Helen Clark left a $10,000,000,000 ($10 Billion) debt for National to sort out and that's what this Government needs to work with plus three elections worth of bribes from Helen Clark including their ongoing costs. What the Loonie left need to own up to their mistakes, but will never rise to such heights.

EZ, when you spoke to David Cunliffe last night, you didn't ask him if he paid his bill for the new kitchen in time did you? Even if you did, would you really expect a straight answer? Nope. Which is the reason you are - same Elk!!!
    Cuzzie, is that really what you thought you had on David Cunliffe, that he was late paying for a kitchen refurb? I can only assume that there was a quality issue with that work. In any case, a business that was sailing that close to the wind, that one kitchen job couldn't be financed with a cheap bank overdraft, probably shouldn't be trading.

I actually asked David how he coped with the long hours. He replied that sometimes he works for 21 hours straight. That's dedication.

BTW, you meant to say the same ilk, didn't you? Trouble is that 'i' is nowhere near 'e' on a qwerty keyboard.

Regarding your flawed logic about Labour leaving a debt - then by the same token National (at the moment) have left a very big bill for Labour of $70bill, so shouldn't you be chastising your precious party for an own goal?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    I got "polled" a few weeks back. I made it very clear I would be voting for National. And mother got polled too. She also is voting for National.
    Same here. Said Greens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Cuzzie, is that really what you thought you had on David Cunliffe, that he was late paying for a kitchen refurb? I can only assume that there was a quality issue with that work. In any case, a business that was sailing that close to the wind, that one kitchen job couldn't be financed with a cheap bank overdraft, probably shouldn't be trading.

I actually asked David how he coped with the long hours. He replied that sometimes he works for 21 hours straight. That's dedication.

BTW, you meant to say the same ilk, didn't you? Trouble is that 'i' is nowhere near 'e' on a qwerty keyboard.

Regarding your flawed logic about Labour leaving a debt - then by the same token National (at the moment) have left a very big bill for Labour of $70bill, so shouldn't you be chastising your precious party for an own goal?
    There was nothing wrong with his very expensive kitchen EZ, but nice to know you are already making excuses for that too. That's right blame the manufacturer because your faultless Cunliffe can't possible be to blame for Cunliffe himself paying Cunliffe's own bills. May I suggest you don't comment if you don't know the story, but the fact that you are tells me you are very inventive.

I can believe the long hours he works, clearly he would need to work three hours to Keys one hour just to keep up. Tell him he needs to work harder.

Spelling police again EZ, nice. At least we all know that you are at least good at something. Ilk it is and not elk, thanks for that EZ, I really appreciate it.

Yep, you could be right. Labour might win even with polling in the 20s, but that is stretching it even for your standards EZ. Of course National would need to lose this election if they leave anything for Labour. That makes your fantasy deeply fractured. At least every 70 voters in 100 won't be voting for Labour and 1 in 2 will be voting National. That's what happens when National gets results and Labour leaders & it's fanboys carry on in the same theme as Helen Clark.

So let's do the sums again. $10 Billion Dollars that both you and I agree Helen Clark left NZ in debt when she lost the 2008 by a landslide due to running the country into the ground, $40 Billion for the ChCh rebuild & then add in the costly programmes put in place by Labour, including KiwiSaver, Working for Families and interest free student loans. Interest free loans cost $600 Mill per year for the last seven and that = $4.2 Billion. Then the $59 Billion from interest for all of the above.

So $10 bill + $40 bill + $4.2 bill + $59 bill = $113.2 Billion and that's not including Labour's Kiwisaver & Working for Families costs which I can't find an accurate total for and the Global Financial Crisis National faced when they first came into power. $113.2 Billion minus $70 Billion dollars = at least $43.2 Billion Dollars that I can account for that the Key Govt. has put back into the system. That's something Labour only dreams about. If only National did not have a huge debt left over from Labour, costly election bribes by the Clark Govt. to pay for and an Earthquake and a Global Financial Crisis, we would be sitting pretty right now.

How's that for Math & Accounting? Rap your laughing gear around that.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Iceman

What I am curious about is how long Murray McCully is going to last, me thinks NOT LONG. The only other leader who has gone through more cabinet ministers was probably Saddam Hussein
    Hi Sgt Pepper. Sorry I am too busy enjoying the midnight sun up here at the Arctic Circle (tee-ed of a game of golf at midnight last night after the football game) to follow the "news" in NZ about this case involving MFAT and McCully. Must say that the alleged victim Tania Billingsley has lost my sympathy by letting herself be used for political purposes in the media though. Otherwise I have no comment on that case.
    Re your question on McCully, I have no idea. But I would totally expect him to become an Ambassador to the US or something similar during the next 2-3 years.

Ditto EZ with responding to all the graphs you and belg have been posting. I know Labour were fairly responsible during their fist 4-5 years but lost their marbles after that with disastrous consequences for NZ. National has since been working hard to restore responsible management of the country since they took over, with overall very good results as witnessed by the recent ratings upgrade.
    Last edited by iceman; 11-07-2014 at 02:27 AM.