sharetrader
Page 473 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3734234634694704714724734744754764774835235739731473 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Most amusing ... but unlikely to be true, human nature being what it is, as we'd simply find new problems or expect upgraded solutions
    Heh. Mae West: "I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Busy watching the debate, quote of the day so far:

Almost all all practical problems are alleviated by becoming wealthy - Jamie Whyte
    Couldn't you find a dentist that was open on a Saturday.

Legend

An interesting read ...

Bruce Sheppard: Is the Government an economic success?

Bruce concludes: Conclusion, National cannot campaign on being exceptional financial managers, but equally labour can't campaign on them being an abject failure either. What is relevant is the lost opportunity of immigration.

Would that be another way of saying "mediocre"?
    Just about every stat was worse than Australia's, especially GDP per worker.

More on NovoPay, a very big mistake that cost the taxpayer plenty.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business-e...ectid=11305530

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    How long will it take Labour to replace D.C after he polls poorly in the upcoming election?
    About as long as it took National to dump Marshall, Muldoon, Shipley, English and Brash, I should imagine.

Alternatively, as long as it took Labour to dump Helen Clark in 1996.

Interesting to speculate.
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 10-08-2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Punctuation.

Legend

Would a sugar tax be the answer?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...y-their-weight

I would really like to know exactly what these kids eat to get so big. Surgery is really the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff; not to mention its a waste of taxpayer dollars to treat the symptoms and not the root cause.
    The new free doctors visits policy released during the weekend by Labour will be very helpful for many. As David Parker said in his speech on Saturday I viewed, all Labour's policies are funded from income, they are part of the fiscal policy, and Labour will pay back govt debt to restore a 3% GDP debt, within 2 terms (all things being equal).

Labour will reduce net debt back to the level the current government inherited ...
    The previous Labour-led Government made reducing government debt a central priority. In 2008, the New Zealand Government’s net debt was less than zero for the first time in history. It increased slightly during the recession to stand at 3.0% of GDP at the end of Fiscal Year 2008/09.
    Since 2009, New Zealand’s net government debt has increased, from less than $6 billion to $35 billion and from 3.0% to 15.1% of GDP.
    Much of the borrowing undertaken by the current government was necessary to pay for government services because the recession hit the tax take and the economy failed to recover as fast under National as had been forecast. The Canterbury earthquakes have also led to billions of dollars of justified borrowing.
    But National also contributed to the debt unnecessarily. They cut income tax for the wealthiest New Zealanders during the recession, at a cost of over $4 billion so far. They have failed to make the required contributions to the Cullen Fund for the past five years, during which the Fund has made a 76% return. The Fund estimates that decision has cost it $3.8 billion in net returns.
    Fixing the mistakes made by the current government and paying down debt so that New Zealand is able to weather future economic storms will be a priority of the incoming Labour-led Government.
    Labour will run surpluses and pay down National’s debt. By the end of our second term, Fiscal Year 2020/21, our policies will have reduced net government debt back to 3.0%.
    Labour will run larger surpluses than forecast in Budget 2014 throughout the forecast period. In the initial years, Labour’s net debt track runs slightly (0.3% of GDP) above the Budget 2014 projection as we raise the $1.5 billion of capital that will fund the KiwiBuild programme. From 2018/19, Labour reduces net debt more quickly than the Budget 2014 forecast as Labour’s net new spending is less than the new operating spending allowance in Budget 2014. In 2020/21, net debt reaches 3.0% under Labour’s policies, which is less than the 3.7% projected in Budget 2014.
    Although the date of the document is June 2014, I'm not sure which figure for current net government debt is being used. In most charts we see, the net crown debt currently stands at about $65bill, predicting a peak at $70bill, or 30% of GDP.

Here is the full statement from June 2014. https://www.labour.org.nz/sites/defa...fiscalplan.pdf
    Last edited by elZorro; 11-08-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Legend

Shouldn't be long now before Cunliffe announces Labour's Free cars for Maoris policy.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Shouldn't be long now before Cunliffe announces Labour's Free cars for Maoris policy.
    Not getting worried, are you FP? This doctor's visits policy reaches a wide part of NZ, it'll be helpful. All of it has been costed out, it's affordable in the budget Labour have developed. They will be steadily getting in some more tax, but a lot of it will be generated by building the economy, not by picking on a few at the top. We all win.

National has had their chance, 6 years is too long in my books. Keep watching the polls, it'll start to move now.

Won't be enough doctors to handle the queues outside the practice lining up for free chats with the doctor free pills

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Not getting worried, are you FP? This doctor's visits policy reaches a wide part of NZ, it'll be helpful. All of it has been costed out, it's affordable in the budget Labour have developed. They will be steadily getting in some more tax, but a lot of it will be generated by building the economy, not by picking on a few at the top. We all win.

National has had their chance, 6 years is too long in my books. Keep watching the polls, it'll start to move now.
    Yes, they will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The new free doctors visits policy released during the weekend by Labour will be very helpful for many. As David Parker said in his speech on Saturday I viewed, all Labour's policies are funded from income, they are part of the fiscal policy, and Labour will pay back govt debt to restore a 3% GDP debt, within 2 terms (all things being equal).

Although the date of the document is June 2014, I'm not sure which figure for current net government debt is being used. In most charts we see, the net crown debt currently stands at about $65bill, predicting a peak at $70bill, or 30% of GDP.

Here is the full statement from June 2014. https://www.labour.org.nz/sites/defa...fiscalplan.pdf
    That's just more Labour propaganda EZ & straight from their website, whoopie.

What's D.Cs bribes up to know? Maybe John Key should squeeze in a new bill forcing Parties to do what they say if they get voted in & if they don't, boot them out.. Makes a lot of sense to me.

EZ, Kim.com? How say you now? You have not answered me the last two times. Still talking him up? I suppose there is not a lot you can say, which is why we get nothing from you on the matter.