sharetrader
Page 476 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3764264664724734744754764774784794804865265769761476 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 16077
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Cuzzie, maybe you're better at maths than David Parker, but he says that the policies are all funded, paid for, and the surpluses will start in year one of their term. If you'll remember, history is on his side. Labour posted 9 budget surpluses in a row, National has posted five deficits. Big ones. Who do I believe: paid Crosby-Textor-like wannabes - or the Labour Party? They didn't lie last time they were in, they did a great job.

I'm very happy Labour has sidelined Internet Mana from the serious vote. But I've just heard that Lailla Harre (and Gareth Hughes) were well received by uni students at Auckland, and at least those votes won't go to National. Anne Tolley was heckled.
    I think John Key is far more trustworthy than Parker, ask Parker's old business partner that & he will confirm. Listen to this from ZB.

As for Crosby-Textor, they are choir boys compared to Matt McCarten & you know it.

Internet Mana, gutter politics and the laughing stock they deserve to be. Just plainly and simply a joke.

D.C hasn't made a slip up for a while, we all know that can't last.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Tax avoidance on capital gains is absolutely rife.

One only needs to come up with a semi-plausible reason why flicking something on for profit shouldn't incur tax. E.g. "my intent was to live here but I like the schools better in another area so I sold it in less than 18 months for a $370k untaxed profit". Its is worth the IRD's effort to chase very large amounts but smaller amounts are just not worth it. And I suspect, unless it becomes an open-and-shut case, they'd not even bother with $370k.

So by introducing a CGT such shenanigans simply disappears.

Now FP will argue that the rate of CGT (15%?) will be lower than the typical tax rate (33%?) of the people doing such things. This'll be another red herring. But I'll wait for the post.
    It was interesting. I thought after the GFC, David Cameron ( good friend of John Key, well according to John Key that is!)was making noises about the need for the Googles of this world to be stopped gaming the system and pay their fair share to maintain a civilised society. Precious little progress, I wonder why?

In the meantime, where I work in the Health Service we have to print double sided to save money.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 12-08-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    I think John Key is far more trustworthy than Parker, ask Parker's old business partner that & he will confirm. [/URL]
    Parker is a failed businessman who has left a trail of enemies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    It was interesting. I thought after the GFC, David Cameron ( good friend of John Key, well according to John Key that is!)was making noises about the need for the Googles of this world to be stopped gaming the system and pay their fair share to maintain a civilised society. Precious little progress, I wonder why?
    Little progress??? - BEPS is a top priority for the OECD as a single country cannot solve the issue alone.

The biggest issue is actually the US as they dont tax their CFC's so they are incentivised to use tax havens. If a NZ company used a tax haven, that profit would be taxable in NZ under the CFC regime, eliminating any benefit from the tax planning. Have you noticed every company you hear that is screwing the system is a US company!
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 12-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Guru

It takes an Earthquake with major destruction and the elimination of wealth ... To demonstrate to these economically illiterate morons that reducing unemployment, seeking full employment, lifts people out of poverty. ... Why doesn't National get this?

Why have they let unemployment remain so high for the last six years? (Rhetorical question BTW. Its the National Party supporters that want this. Maybe, just maybe, Key knows it wrong but he's such a scoundrel and so attached to power that he just does what he's told. What a guy!)
    YOu have obviously said it is a retorical question as you dont want anyone to mention the GFC so I wont.

you have pretty much summed up Nationals economic policy so I am surprised you dont support National. They have always said the best way to solve poverty is to reduce unemployment and have been working over the past few years to get the % down. Not giving new hand outs to feeding kids breakfast and lunch in schools. Not incentivising families to have more babies by increasing benefits.

The question therefore is which party is best for creating jobs.

Guru

John Key is mega rich prick that has left a trail of destruction among hundred's of thousands of our most needy and has impoverished the country by borrowing 65 Billion to cut the taxes of the rich and pay NZ Super that the country can't afford.
    NIce BS but the tax cuts only cost $4b over the past 3 years. The rest is stuff Cunliffe has even said National had to do (extra costs during GFC and bailing out Chch). Want that Cunliffe didn't say is that he would have borrowed more as continued on with the excesses of Labours 3rd term.

Note: I accept (with hindsight) that borrowing to continue the super fund contributions would have been beneficial but not without risk

EDIT: Forgot to add, even though Labour will change super to 67, that will not take place for another few years so Labour wouldn't have saved any borrowing there.

Edit 2: I know everyone likes to think their party is the best, and even a bit of name calling can be fun, but why make up sh!t that is so blantantly wrong. YOu do yourself a discredit.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 12-08-2014 at 01:31 PM.

John Key is mega rich prick that has left a trail of destruction among hundred's of thousands of our most needy and has impoverished the country by borrowing 65 Billion to cut the taxes of the rich and pay NZ Super that the country can't afford.

So, FP, what was your point? You have an opinion? Point noted. I have one too.
    National ,Labour , Conservative , and the Internet party leaders are all mega rich prick leaders as you so well described them. I think the labour leader is only worth two million and goes out his way to hide that fact. The whole lot are a pack of liers so your pick is no better than mine. Fergus

Why on earth are you still printing things?
    I don't work in healthcare, but my wife did for a while, and you will be horrified to know that some things have to be printed and....faxed

Now here's an example of bollocks reporting ... Or is it perhaps scurrilous right wing spin?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...s-Christchurch
    Wow - that video accompanying the article is (I have no other word for it) disgusting. Those poor people in Avonside have not had their earthquake repairs done yet, and they are being told "Don't worry, someone is getting a new Maserati, life is good".

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Parker is a failed businessman who has left a trail of enemies.
    One in ten businesses fail in the first year, 70% within 5 years. Many would leave angry people in there wake. Supposedly business failures are learning experiences and not necessarily a cause for criticism unless of course you are a Labour supporter who should know his station in life and remain an employed worker.

On another subject National on becoming the Government made a big fuss about how ACC was in a precarious financial position and needed big increases in premiums. Now in election year there is a large ( billions surplus ) some of which can be returned by reduced premiums. The rest according to John Key is required to maintain the Govt. surplus. Another subtle increase in taxation?

westerly