sharetrader
Page 487 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3874374774834844854864874884894904914975375879871487 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 16077
    Banned

Default Did Nicky Hager breach basic journalism standards in new Dirty Politics book?

Think what you like about Ian Wishart, but here is the thing about him. He is in the same line as Nicky Hager more or less. The difference appears to be Ian Wishart appears to base his books on proof - absolute proof. I've read all Wisharts books - all of them. Wishart knows that anything he puts into print must be factual. So he knows the rules when writing these kinds of books. Here is Ian Wishart's take on little Nicky's poor effort.
    IS NICKY HAGER AN UNETHICAL HYPOCRITE?

Man I can smell serious jail time coming.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    More break down from the latest poll:

The gap between the right and left blocs is 27 seats.Labour’s support by demographic is:
    • Men 18%
    • Women 27%
    • Auckland 25%
    • Upper NI 16%
    • Wellington 23%
    • Lower NI 30%
    • Canterbury 14%
    • SI 27%
    • Under 30s 26%
    • 30 to 44 25%
    • 45 to 64 21%
    • 65+ 19%

Note this poll was taken after their announcement of free GP visits for elderly New Zealanders, and after their campaign launch which is meant to be what gives you a boost in the polls. You can't fool, bribe or buy the olds, they are too wise for that rubbish!!!

There’s going to some very nervous Labour List MPs on this result, who will be cursing the unions and activists for their choice of leader. The above info is from Kiwiblog.
    It doesn't matter how many Labour hopefuls don't get returned. The important thing is - will the remainder still have the right gender balance?

Legend

David Farrar's main income for the Kiwiblog site and his Curia business is probably from the National Party. It pays him a retainer to (amongst other things) take a team of twelve or so canvassers into the National Party offices in Willis St, Wellington, for three nights a week. This is where John Key's polling data comes from. He's a more polite version of Whale Oil with his site, but it's still strongly pro-National, and he networks with Cameron Slater. They ping posts backwards and forwards on important issues they've been paid to 'sort out'.

The National Party work seems to be Curia's biggest client by far.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    David Farrar's main income for the Kiwiblog site and his Curia business is probably from the National Party. It pays him a retainer to (amongst other things) take a team of twelve or so canvassers into the National Party offices in Willis St, Wellington, for three nights a week. This is where John Key's polling data comes from. He's a more polite version of Whale Oil with his site, but it's still strongly pro-National, and he networks with Cameron Slater. They ping posts backwards and forwards on important issues they've been paid to 'sort out'.

The National Party work seems to be Curia's biggest client by far.

Gee. Now there's a startling revelation.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Think what you like about Ian Wishart, but here is the thing about him. He is in the same line as Nicky Hager more or less. The difference appears to be Ian Wishart appears to base his books on proof - absolute proof. I've read all Wisharts books - all of them. Wishart knows that anything he puts into print must be factual. So he knows the rules when writing these kinds of books. Here is Ian Wishart's take on little Nicky's poor effort.
    IS NICKY HAGER AN UNETHICAL HYPOCRITE?

Man I can smell serious jail time coming.
    Did Ian Wishart read the same book? When I read it, the conclusion I came to was that Nicky was showing the reader the disgusting lengths that Cameron Slater would go to, to find the dirt on someone he was after. It was a personal crusade of his to get rid of Len Brown, because he was a leftie. He wasn't being paid to do this, by the sound of it. He tried it anyway, and in this case no extra information was forthcoming. The secondary reason for this behaviour was to put the fear of retaliation into anyone that crossed his path.

If you look at the disclaimer at the bottom of the article, you'll see that Ian Wishart and Nicky Hager might not be the best of mates at the moment.
    Last edited by elZorro; 15-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Did Ian Wishart read the same book? When I read it, the conclusion I came to was that Nicky was showing the reader the disgusting lengths that Cameron Slater would go to, to find the dirt on someone he was after. It was a personal crusade of his to get rid of Len Brown, because he was a leftie. He wasn't being paid to do this, by the sound of it. He tried it anyway, and in this case no extra information was forthcoming. The secondary reason for this behaviour was to put the fear of retaliation into anyone that crossed his path.

If you look at the disclaimer at the bottom of the article, you'll see that Ian Wishart and Nicky Hager might not be the best of mates at the moment.
    They're both complete plonkers. More importantly do you reckon Cliff's guilty eZ?

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Ian Wishart is missing the point ... Hager doesn't say these things.
    Feeling a little frustrated that I can't get hold of the book but that was my immediate reaction to Ian's article. Surely it wasn't Hager making the allegations, rather he was writing about others making the allegations.

Looks like the straw-men are going up.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Feeling a little frustrated that I can't get hold of the book but that was my immediate reaction to Ian's article. Surely it wasn't Hager making the allegations, rather he was writing about others making the allegations.

Looks like the straw-men are going up.
    Stick to the important stuff; what do you reckon about Cliff Banksie?

Some observations on the current scandal and the implications for the election, of which I would be interested in others opinions

Firstly, I concede I could be wrong, but I am not sure, at this stage whether this a game changer for the election. Although we are a long way from the bottom of this swamp.

1.Judith Collins: game over here, her political career is finished. In contrast Paula Bennett and many other ambitious National MPs are no doubt, at this time privately delighted.

2.The unfolding scandals toxic effects will probably be delivered after the election. Numerous , rather large chickens are coming home to roost, and we must be mindful we haven't seen the GCSB, and what JK knew fully come to fruition yet.

3. It is quite possible that John Key, if National form the next government ,will not see out his term. If he senses in any way that there is a high probability that scandals will catch up with him and stick, he will bail out, gently pushed by Bill English, Paula Bennett and Michael Woodhouse.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 15-08-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Stick to the important stuff; what do you reckon about Cliff Banksie?
    You voting national FP?

Edit: Doesn't matter FP - I went back and looked at some of your old posts, to remind myself why you are not on my ignore list. Come on mate you are better than this. Debate the issue. If you really want to talk about Cliff, open up a thread.

Interestingly enough I was at Bramall Lane in the early 80s as a teenager, busy trying to see if I can regurgitate a repressed memory .
    Last edited by Banksie; 15-08-2014 at 11:56 AM.