sharetrader
Page 501 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 40145149149749849950050150250350450551155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 16077
    Banned

I'd love to have a beer with Funnyliffe, I'd like that a lot.

This has got to be one of the funniest bits of reporting for the day:

It is now the second time Ms Collins has been put on notice that she was on a final chance after failing to mention a dinner she had with the heads of Oravida during a trip to China.

Mr Key said that was still in place and denied she was now on her "last last" chance.

"What she's on is on her last chance after what happened last time. But at the end of the day she's also subjected to a left-wing smear campaign. And people will actually see that as well for what it is."

In March, following the Oravida revelations, Mr Key was asked whether Ms Collins was on her last chance.

He said: "I wouldn't want to be in her shoes if there was a repeat of it."
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11311222

Looking at the latest polls, National has a problem, despite the whale oil apprentices rather desperate attempts to write off the left.
    Nationals natural allies the Act and Conservative parties are polling almost in negative territory.
    National is around 50% of committed voters. That 15% or more who are still thinking or not prepared to offer an opinion hold the key ? to the election. And then there is the unknown number who just hang up at the mention of the word poll.
    I expect more and more legal threats, derogatory comments, and plenty of entertainment from the centre right, far right, as the fall out from Hager's book develops.

westerly

Legend

Default No More Mr Nice Guy

Gordon Campbell has some very interesting points here, too.

http://gordoncampbell.scoop.co.nz/20...e-mr-nice-guy/

I agree that Bill English will be likely to come out of this series of debacles unscathed. But in view of the billions of dollars of normal expenses that have been unusually capitalised, there is no real budget surplus in the offing, and that'll be obvious to an incumbent. The govt has also admitted that their borrowing will need to go on for another two years (at least), on their current track.

It's the new normal I suppose?
    Last edited by elZorro; 20-08-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Legend

National suggested on the news last night that there could be more tax cuts in the offing, but they won't say when. That future event will surely help them get to, and stay in, budget surplus.

Here's the article.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11311137

Again the old line is trotted out, that National inherited a recession when they took over the reins in 2008. So they've done well to action practically no long-term projects since, except sell off some assets and rack up a lot of borrowing. Chumps.

Here's a page from stats NZ, there was a GDP fall in mid 2008, through to mid next year. You can see from the charts that most of that fall in GDP must have been under National's watch, because that's when it really kicked in. There was a small drop of about 0.2 to 0.3 % of GDP (remember it had been rising very steadily under Labour) for two quarters before the election. So if it was technically a recession, it was at that stage, a very small one.

http://www.stats.govt.nz/browse_for_...recession.aspx

National is still using this feeble data everywhere (on the hustings), that they inherited a recession from Labour. They actually inherited what had until then been a pause in robust GDP growth, with most long-term debt paid off, and a decades record unemployment figure.
    Last edited by elZorro; 20-08-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...ster-and-staff

Nice post ElZ. ... Guyon Espiner has in one interview turned "honest John" into "dodgy John" ... Key's ducking and diving is weak and sounds very unnatural to the point of being scripted.

Poor John - this guy is out of league now.
    Out of his league compared to what?

Banned

I love this photo from a National ad campaign.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11311360

For me it's kind of a legal way to shove it where the sun don't shine after the dirty rotten loonie lefts stealing all of Nationals Billboards & or defacing them. This shows National smarter having fun, while the loonie lefts illegal fun is as smart as they can get.

Brian Rudman explains in nice simple english both Key's hypocrisy and abysmal knowledge of the law.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/election-2...ectid=11311371

As an IT professional I'm sick and tired of such antics. I want these people made an example of and punished to the full extent of the Law. If National party supporters really believe that National is for 'law and order" they join me in this. Will you?
    Belg

I think John Keys current predicament could be summed up with perhaps, the following list of song he could play.

"HELP "! by the Beatles

"ONE MORE CHANCE" by Madonna

" I READ THE NEWS TODAY".. OH BOY! from the Beatles. A day in the life

"
    ITS NOT FAIR!" by Lily Allen

" SOMEEONE ELSE TO BLAME" by Midnight Oil

" SENSE OF DENIAL" by Soft Ward

Banned

Default That would just be your propaganda SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Belg

I think John Keys current predicament could be summed up with perhaps, the following list of song he could play.

"HELP "! by the Beatles

"ONE MORE CHANCE" by Madonna

" I READ THE NEWS TODAY".. OH BOY! from the Beatles. A day in the life

"
    ITS NOT FAIR!" by Lily Allen

" SOMEEONE ELSE TO BLAME" by Midnight Oil

" SENSE OF DENIAL" by Soft Ward
    sp, If you think Key is in some kind of trouble, please enlighten me, as I have no idea what you are banging on about. Key has already seen off three Labour Leaders and Cunliffe is soon to be number four. With over 90 voters in 100 not wanting Cunliffe to be our next Prime Minister, perhaps you can list some songs for him. I'm only too glad to help you out here, all you have to do is ask!!! Only one of those leaders had the credentials for going head to head with Key, but Labour shot themselves in the foot and didn't let Sherer have a go.

This is how I rate the last four Labour Leaders.
    1/ David Shearer by a country mile.
    2/ Phil Goff miles behind Shearer
    3/ David Cunliffe light years behind Goff
    4/ Helen Clark just behind Cunliffe.

The reason Shearer stands out is obvious.

Banned

Default This is something you can't understand belg!!!

Cuz, question: Where is Jason Ede?

"You are all claiming there is this vast conspiracy - it simply doesn't exist. That Jason Ede is some sort of ringmaster? In my view, Jason Ede is squeamish, and gutless.

"And the fact he has gone to ground and hiding and not speaking to anybody suggests that's true.

"My advice is front-foot everything. My advice is speak and tell your story. If you don't tell your story, everyone else is telling your story with their narrative."

Slater said his style of politics differed from many others. "I play politics like Fijians play rugby. My role is smashing your face into the ground.

"Politics is a nasty despicable game and its played by nasty despicable people. Where's the surprise in this?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11311070

BTW Cuz, I warned you to be very careful of Slater. This viper is angry and has already started biting anybody it can. But I digress ... Slater was calling Ede "gutless" ...

So where is Ede?

He's the man who could confirm everything. E.g. exactly what his role was and what he did. What Key knew or did not. So where is he?

Mr Ede - who now works as a National Party staff member - has gone to ground since publication of the book while Mr Key has attempted to explain his actions as normal political practice.

How convenient ... the middle-man, who at the time was a public servant!, who could ensure Key gets out of jail in one interview. So why hasn't he? ... Because he can't? Could this be even worse?

This smells like a conspiracy to me.
    Slater calls it how it is, you may not understand that because you are one eyed. Slater has both eyes wide open and if somebody from National deserves a lashout from him, they will get it. Point in action - here is another one from today's blog. http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/08/joyce-making-****-stuart-nash/ That's why I like Slater, no cr@p about the man and wont hold back if he is on your side or not. That's something the left can't understand and if you go against them from the left the other loonie lefts call you scum. National is just more honest than dishonest Labour, that's for sure.
    I'll call it too, where the hell are you Ede, man up and don't act like a loonie left fanboy. fp and the Major have disagreed with stuff I've said on here and I've disagreed with f.p, that's healthy belg, we are individuals who have arrived at a decision for our own reasons. We don't all act as one. I don't always agree with John Key, but even though David Cunliffe makes plenty of wrong decisions you will Never Ever Ever hear your or EZ say a bad word about him. Funny that!